Table Talk - Stealing the Future

Design him as he would exist at gauntlet, avoid mystery virtues during apprenticeship. We will work through the initiation scripts as they come. Typically it will involve the loss of a season of advance,eat.

Gotcha, so a score of 2. Thanks, updating Fabricus.

So, major busy weekend. I'll catch up on stuff beginning tomorrow...

So, I totally lied in my last post.

Well, I didn't lie, so much as I had every intention of posting and moving things forward, but I'm really buried at work right now, which is somewhat unusual. We've almost got my daughter's room finished, so I'm hopeful I can get some things moving this week, yet. This also happens to be a busy time for my wife, with back to school (she's a teacher, first day back for kids is today). There I told my wife under no circumstances will you decide to redo a room in the house with less than two weeks before you go back to work, and also schedule a party during that same time, oh and a medical procedure that will take the better part of the day away...

Work will be intermittently busy as I'm transitioning us to a new storage [array,server], and so there are periods of frenetic activity followed by periods of boredom as data gets replicated...

Completely understandable. For myself, I am dealing with multiple high-priority client implementations which generally suck most of the life out of me during the day. Work sucks, and we just have to deal with it.

Take your time; post when you are energized and feeling it. I'd rather wait a bit for a good post than to just have you throw up something half-assed because you feel like you "owe it to us".

So. Just to throw this out there so everybody knows: I have already let Jonathan know that I am taking a (hopefully brief) sabbatical from gaming. I have been playing Ars online pretty steadily for the last six years, including running two sagas, and lately I have found that I am not enjoying it as much as I should. In fact, at times it feels like a chore to come up with and post replies. I'm not "burned out" (yet), and I don't want to be, so hopefully by taking a break I can prevent the burn-out like I have with other things I used to love.

I will wrap up the threads that I'm participating in, although I'm not quite sure if we're going to NPC Fiona and Margerethe and keep them here or what (JL and I can work that out in PM or something); that would be a good way for me to pop in and make a witty bon mot from time to time. I will also not be leaving the forums entirely. I will still be lurking and probably popping in to offer the occasional [strike]snarky comment[/strike] bit of sage commentary just for fun.

I love you guys, and this game has been a blast to be a part of, and I'm going to miss it.

Sorry to see you go PB, but it's understandable. Better to not play when you aren't feeling it than to give less than you know you are capable of.

On that note....is this thing still on? Haven't heard from Jonathan in a while, nobody has posted in any of the threads in a while. Hello? Anybody out there but the crickets?

I've been assigned some extra duties at work. I think they'll sort themselves out after a while, it's just taking a bit longer than I expected.

I'm checking in regularly to see when things start moving forward again.

Hi, I've been checking in frequently as well. PB, I hope a little break can get your spirit back into the game. I know a bit about what you mean. It's better to take a break than lose all desire for the game i think.

There is light at the end of my tunnel, but I'm not sure if it's an oncoming train...

I'm hoping to have my projects wrapped up this weekend, so I can start pushing forward. My goal is to close out open threads in fall and start up in spring with whomever is still playing.

Roger that.

I'm here. And there is a Redcap looking to be shown around if anyone is bored

i'm still here and trying to figure out if I want to keep pushing it with Julien or end where he's at now.

Depending on how good-looking (and sturdy) the Redcap, that could explain why Fiona won't get out much for the foreseeable future. :wink:

I was on vacation this last week, and had severe pc issues. Now that i'm back at work, i should be able to post up, sorry for the delay.

Status update. Work has settled, at least I've completed the major project and have adjusted to my new responsibilities. This past week I spent working out some of the story arcs I want to cover with the apprentices in the coming spring semester. I need your help in helping me wrap up and award story experience for the stories that have been left hanging.

I'm hoping to post up new stories and move forward. IF I can be of help in wrapping up any unsatisfying endings to the existing story threads let me know. :smiley:

I have to try and remember where we were and what was left hanging.

Clement had nothing hanging. I threw in the Redcap just for a storyline while you were busy.

Quick thing, on Monday I'll be out of town with little to no internet access until Saturday, and probably wouldn't be bale to do anything until Sunday.