[Table Talk] Tangential Table Talk

Wherein you want to talk about something, talk!

Like, what does your SG do when not reading messages here...?
(Links to images only, some of these images are big...)

I reverse engineer obscure file formats and write a program to translate them into a format a PC based modeller can use...

img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/ ... ntisle.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/ ... arison.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/ ... naskel.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/ ... /banes.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/ ... teIsle.jpg

All these come from an old Sega Dreamcast games, Skies of Arcadia, read from the game data and exported to Milkshape3D, a neat little modelling program.

I also do a bit of world building for Half-Life 2...
img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/ ... s0010a.jpg

Can you tell I'm a Skies of Arcada fan? :slight_smile:

Steve

WOW, that sounds complicated. I draw stuff with a pencil.

I currently work for Barclays Bank as an IT analyst.

Actually, it's more of a support/analyst/developer role which means I get a good mix of helping, thinking, and doing... theoretically.

I work for Comcast in their phone and internet department as a Lead tech. That means I get to take the angry calls.

Playing a lot of City of Heroes online, and I'm a Guitar Hero maniac. I'm in a Call of Cthulhu game on Tuesdays (All hail the King in Yellow!). We just finished our last attempt at conquering the World's Largest Dungeon (somehing like 8 total party kills), which means I get to run the next D&D game. I also run a Warhammer game on Sundays, using the new rules.

Tough job! I salute you.

:open_mouth: You're a busy guy. And Call of Chthulu rocks!

It's funny, most of my family thinks I have way too much free time. :laughing:

It's less complicated than you think. You just have to take a lot of notes, remember what doesn't work, and google, google, google... :slight_smile:

I'm a Quality Control Inspector for an Aerospace foundry for my day job. Trust me, reverse engineering semi-undocumented file formats is easier by comparison.

Steve