Table Talk

Just an fyi - watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and doing character creation at the same time? Bad idea. Or awesome idea. I forget which.

Poor, poor Peregrin...

You obviously have forgotten the horrors of the Schism War when Ponies fought Carebears and the Monchi-chis were sacrificed to achieve a bloody armistice.

Aye...the fight raged on for a century, many lives were claimed but eventually the champion stood, the rest saw their better: Mr. Rogers in a blood-stained sweater.

It would work well for Merinita, I think :slight_smile:

This
is
serious!

On another topic, when I get home I'll probably start putting together some grogs and a Companion. Not sure what to make with the companion, I have a few ideas I'll throw out there.

A barrister (or the Irish equivalent).
A lay clergy of some kind (i'm thinking with Faerie blood just to make him interesting)
A strong faerie blooded companion, with some faerie type virtues and benefits (like a companion but not mythic companion level) faerie doctor virtue.
A local noble who possibly has a claim to lands the covenant is on

I could use some help building Halie's animal retinue. (What a headache...)

Well Scottish equivalent for the barrister but I am not sure there really are lawyers much in this time. (we aren't in ireland).

Wikipedia isn't the best source but it is a good start:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawyer#Middle_Ages mentions that it was only in this time period 1190-1230 that a few people started practicing canon law as life long profession (so church scholar). 1231 (france)/1237 (london) is when first lawyers were sworn to practice canon law before bishop's court.

Let me know if you do the faerie doctor or local noble. I was thinking of magic companion (some sort of magical beast) or a local noblewoman myself (one that had bought her right to rule her lands until she had a son to inherit)

Never heard of that in medieval times. Pretty sure female ruling noble options are widow-who-is-expected-to-remarry, or widowed-mother-of-heir.

Sole Daughter of father with no sons that inherit in their own right. Examples of this is from Lords of Men (which has a historical example).

Why do I keep saying Irish when I mean Scottish!?

Looking for a beat down?

As near as I can tell, in Scotland does allow women to inherit land on their own (probably if there are no surviving male issue), but that it's pretty new. The one page I was able to find that wasn't way past period indicates that it started in the 13th century, but didn't narrow it down any further than that. So, since I think it could make a good story, I'm gonna say go for it.

I don't know why, but this reminded me of a scene from Monday Night Raw, back around Christmas I think, when somebody was trying to insult-without-insulting Seamus (the first Irish-born World Champion) by giving him a gift – an Irish potato. They josh around, the guy takes off, Seamus takes a bite of the potato, and gets a disgusted look on his face. "This isn't an Irish potato. It's an Idaho potato!" he says with a sneer, then takes another bite.

I don't know...maybe it's time for my nap.

I will say my being the noble is a moot point is Qcipher becomes noble. That was first come.

Although we could end up both being nearby nobles and end up married.

url=http://strangemagic.robertsongames.com/2011/08/gm-merit-badges.html[/url]

What about the 5 additional ones?
Non combat and running when the odds are against them?

Ah. Didn't see those earlier, and they don't have those last five individually yet. When they do, I'll add them to my sash.

Just so you know - this is Insula Canaria's only current vis source:

[size=50](image © 2004 Ursula Vernon, and courtesy of the screensaver slideshow on my computer)[/size]

Hey! I bought a vis source with my bps!

Is there a central place where the starting bp expenditures are being tracked?

We have to discover it in play.