Taliha Fanak ex Bjornaer

by my calculations this character should be 26 finishing the gauntlet. Also the score in imagonem should be 9 (4) instead of 9(5) due to the way the points work out from the affinity

Np on the Imaginem, rounding issue.

I'll make sure I listed everything at the right level.

Are you saying I'm missing 15 or 30 pts?

15, if you had just finished gauntlet at 27, as written you are 60 points shy

I finished Gauntlet 3 years before. See below the season listing at the bottom of her sheet.
I did find a typo but it was in the wrong direction, My North Italian should have been 4 instead of 5. I did spend 10 xp total on getting a mastery of 1 in two spells.

45 from 0-5
60 from 5-9
240 apprenticeship 9-24
90 3 years post apprenticeship
total of 390 xp

Does this agree with your calculations?

If we are still 5 pts off, were you counting the first level of Heartbeast as free? It doesn't seem to be by RAW.

60+90+240+45=435
I'm also only showing 110 levels in spells

Yes, that's what the total actually is. I made a mistake not adding the 45 from 0-5 because it's added onto the check on my sheet and isn't in a cell.

I added Wizard's Sidestep (ReIm 10) which was the spell I missed.

I'm coming up with a total of 375 that you have spent, not 435
however it looks like something may have glitched in my text parsing code...

found that problem- I was separating abilities by looking for commas and there was a period I there, but that brings the total up to 450, which is 15 points high...
double checking again...

looks like I had North Itallian at 5 instead of 4, which apparently it originally was, now leaves the character 10 points short...

Did you add the ten xp I put into mastering spells?

that was it- approved

I've advanced Taliha (on my personal Google Sheets sheet only) up to 1199. I was wondering if for much of 1199 she can learn from her sept (I took it as the Mentor flaw). I was hoping for her to be taught for however many seasons she can in Heartbeast and Mystery Cult Lore: House Bjornaer. MC Lore is actually the more important piece in my mind as a player. Her Sept is in/around Venice so was thinking perhaps she could travel there and study with them in the year leading up to the Trbunal, hence why it's helpful to know what season the Tribunal is in.

You can convince them to lend you a level 11 tractatus on one of those for a season.

Heartbeast explicitly says it can not be learned via books and can only be taught by someone with a not too opposing heartbeast to your own though it leaves that piece pretty vague (Can't quickly find the page where it says this). I don't mind her studying the book on MC Lore and practicing the rest of the time but didn't really see practice as a realistic intro to MC Lores but with one season studying the Tractatus she would have something to go on with practice.

It appears to be an alteration in HOH:MC p. 38 that was not in the core book but was used to partially redefine the heartbeast ability. However it does not need to be taught one on one, and in person teaching is certainly an aspect of the house, so assuming com+teaching of 8, still SQ of 11 for a group setting. I'm going to say that up to ability level 7 the sept hold classes by season in Venice: choloric in summer, phlegmatic in fall, melancholic in winter and sanguine in spring

Cool. Then I'll borrow the book on MC Lore, spend Summer of 1199 learning Heartbeast in Venice and the time between then and the Tribunal studying that book and practicing MC Lore & Heartbeast back in Malta.

W/R/T the adventure xp from the Roman Tribunal of 1200, Taliha received 13xp (10 + 3 for Independent Study). I was thinking of putting 5 in OoH Lore, 5 in Code of Hermes, and 3 in Etiquette if that sounds like an acceptable placement for the xp.

That sounds very appropriate

I've updated my spreadsheet to end of 1201 then remembered the Gathering of 12 years is in 1202. Are we still doing that as an adventure thread or is Taliha the only Bjornaer left? She does not plan to seek any initiations in 1202 but would attend (if we don't do it as an adventure I was thinking maybe counted as practice in Mystery Cult Lore: House Bjornaer.

My calculations put the Gathering of Twelve Years in 1203 (HoH:MC says 1227, and 1203 is 24 years earlier). Wulfric is planning to attend, and is currently in an adventure for spring 1203 (with the Gathering in summer, I believe).