The awakening

Plasmatoris gives a not-particularly graceful flourish and bow.
"Plasmatoris of House Jerbiton. Hello and good morning, Argentius ex Verditius, apparent founder of Al Kufra." The Jerbiton sets down his satchel as he takes a seat near them. "Ah! There is my name. Definitely mine, I can see my own natural flourishes of handwriting. I have been compiling a list of the ages and years of our covenfolk, though I would gladly hand off this duty to one better suited than I."
Plasmatoris waves cheerfully to Tastheus as he sees the magus, and, pushing his age-year notes into the center of the table, he settles back and begins making a charcoal sketch of Argentius with his tools. As they all talk, this sketch expands to include the other magi gathering around the charter.

[I think you got the spell The Whole from the Part (gives the caster a mental image of the subject), whereas I was shooting for was Sight of the Molting Magus (allows the caster to spot Corpus material). I could have explained the effect better, though, sorry. With the appropriate spell, can Lares find any hair that he thinks might be from Barshako the younger?]

Silas nods at the other magi as they appear and introduces themselves.

”Since we have all started to gather perhaps we should find a more remote location? I think one of the young students mention some meeting hall in this very building. We have important things to talk about after all.”

Silas looks around the room trying to find one of the scribes Lares left behind.

"A meeting hall?" Tastheus says, confused then pleased at the thought. "Yes, that is very appropriate, I'm happy to move our discussion there."

The meeting hall as it turns out is smaller than the library, though with far fewer books and, most importantly for actually meeting there is one central table instead of small, dispersed desks where an individual might sit to read alone.

[I assume that’s a no.]

Lares ditches the hair in a corner.

“Bah. Albrecht, can you go high and see if you can see her? I doubt she can be far.”

Albrecht climbs to a great height, out of range of voice communication, then descends- the mountains are quite the obstacle for tracking someone from the air, but he reports "She is but a half mile away, as the bird flies, though she has certainly traveled further than that through these mountain paths. I do not know the compass points here, but assuming the sun rises more or less in the east she is, essentially, to the west."

Argentius nods greetings to the gathering magi, listening to Tastheus, Zarkut, and Plasmatoris as they introduce themselves.

"Salve Sodales. This isn't the day I was expecting when I went to bed last night… At least I don't think it as. Damn."

The Verditius runs his hands through his long silver hair.

"We're either part of an unbelievably devious vendetta plot or a lab disaster of epic proportions. I can't wrap my head around what has happened. It's staggering." He then nods to Tastheus's suggestion to move the discussion.

"Couldn't agree more. We need a plan. Plasmatoris, did you meet any else other than the fellow seeking out this bouda creature?"

Argentius then heads into the meeting room, looking to see if there is any indication of seat assignment at the large table.

Walking past his fellow House member, Silas takes the first best seat at one of the long sides of the table. Sitting down he tries his best to make himself comfortable. He counts the chair that surround the table as he speaks.

“The same scribes told us that there was supposed to be 8 magi, I am not sure exactly how many we have encountered yet… But lets all have a seat and get started for now. Maybe we should have someone write down what we are about to discuss?”

The only indication of seat assignment are the seats themselves, which vary in proportions, presumably to fit the people you had become. Fortunately, one of the young coven folk does remember where you traditionally sat, with Lares and Tastheus at the head, Aetherius to the right and Zarkut to the left. Next on the right was Okeannetis then Silas, and on the left Argentius then Plasmatoris.

Argentius listens to the grog's description of the seats and moves to take his traditional seat, settling slowly down into the seat. His hands touch the table in front of him and the chair itself as if somehow he could soak up a sense of its history.

He looks at Silas before leaning back in his chair, but says nothing, feeling perhaps something of the emotional weight of so much lost memory.

Silas mumbles to himself as he stands up and moves over to the chair that the servant indicated.

Bumping this for response

Zarkut sits in what he's told is his traditional seat. He turns to one of the grogs, and says, "Given you know who's here, please go to the sancta of anyone who's missing and, if you find anyone there, let them know we're meeting."

He looks around at the group. "Has anyone not gone to their laboratory? If this was a lab accident, there might be some indication. Though I suppose it could've reversed itself."

Appologies, I took this as mostly musings not needing a response-

Okeannetis finds a lab dedicated to defense, experimentation, and the art of animal- the guard and defenses might seem paranoid, but the declaration of wizard war suggests they may not be. There is a pen for Elephant Slayer as a major feature, a cauldron and a menagerie of mundane animals, and the room is arranged to be fairly spacious, but there is not much in the way of history- the most recent lab text indicates experimenting with spells to control animals, and there is correspondence where she has sought information about faerie familiars and the merinita cords that has received no response.

“Thank you, friend.”

Lares sits down on the bed with an exasperated grunt.

“Getting lost in unknown mountains beset by spirits and lycanthropes chasing a girl who doesn’t even want to be here… sod it. Let’s hope her mother isn’t feeling too hungry.”

He gets up.

“Well, while I’m here.”

He goes to his lab and looks through the lab notes to see if there’s a lower level Aegis there.

As the scribes leaves the room Silas looks at Zarkut and nods approvingly.

“Good thinking with sending out the servants sodalis. We ought to limit who knows what and they will be more useful running around outside anyhow.”

As he continues to talk, he starts to lightly thumb the table with his fingers and his gaze wanders between the different magi around the table.

“Before theorizing perhaps we should try to summarise our current situation? If we put together all we have learned, it might start to make sense.”

It didn't surprise her that her older self was almost paranoid with defenses. She liked to keep her secrets, and didn't expect that to change to being more open, definitely not as a Tytalus, as that would be detrimental to her reputation, and that of her House.

With the grand scheme of things sorted, for now, she turned to Elephant-Slayer "It seems like we both lost memories when myself, and the others here, including yourself, and possibly the other Familiars, have regressed in age. I need to go confer with the others, and I want you to be there by my side. In a world turned upside-down, you're the closest thing I have to a confidant, and I would appreciate it if you would agree to stay with me."

After several minutes searching through his older lab texts Lares finds a level 30 Aegeis, as well as a level 25 wizard's vigil, Then a knock on his door is a messanger summoning him to the meeting hall.

Elephant slayer nods and follows.

Okeannetis, followed by Elephant-Slayer, makes her way to the central building to meet with the others. It's time to start deciding how they wanna play this with the Order, and investigate this.

1 Like