Lares ex Miscellanea

While your player may be pragmatic, you, the player, can certainly have grander ambitions. I don't know what Silveroak means when he asks for our character's ambitions, but when I wrote it, I thought about what kind of life path I want for this character. After all, her ambition to bind Birna's Great Beast as a Familiar is pretty out there...

Ah, yeah, that's certainly a good way of looking at it. I was thinking more in terms of the character - what kind of things they might be shooting for at that moment in their life.

What I am looking for is from the character's perspective- what goals and ideas they have that will have guided their life to where they have ended up. You can have a combination of ambitions and realize that some of them are more important than others, the character's ambitions may well have shifted the first time around from what you write during the intervening years to lead them where they are, but it gives me a starting point for writing their hidden backstory as well as a stronger idea of the characters themselves and what they would have expected their future to look like from the players.

Lares’ lab: +1 Cr, Co, Pe, and Vim, +2 Rego, Animal

What is the plan for the aegis of the hearth? I get a reVi lab total of 35, the lab text is for level 50.

The plan is to learn and cast a level 30 version, as discovered by Lares among his lab texts here: "After several minutes searching through his older lab texts Lares finds a level 30 Aegeis, as well as a level 25 wizard's vigil,", The awakening - #241 by silveroak

okay, I was having trouble finding those.

Summer 1289: Lares learns the Aegis. I think you've already updated that.

Lares takes the 7 adventure experience from the Cathar negotiation, all to Profession: Chamberlain for dealing with the servants.

with adventure experience only 5 can be put towards any given ability. You might consider putting points towards steward however.

Ah, alright. Then 5 to profession:chamberlain and 2 to steward.

And his exposure experience in autumn goes to?

Ah yes, forgot, apologies. Maybe I'll say Winter too, while I'm at it.

Autumn: (Vigil from LT) Muto 2xp

Winter (Maintaining from LT): Rego 2xp

Since there was an unexpected adventure due to the sucky Aegis, I will change Winter's plans to Rego 9xp.

Remember with adventure experience only up to 5 can be put into 1 art of ability.

Ah yes, of course. I don't think I'll ever be able to keep all of these balls in the air in my head at the same time.

So 5 rego and 4 vim.

What do you mean by maintaining 45 from a lab text?

It's the level 45, Moon duration Maintaining the Demanding Spell that Lares found in his lab, here:

Okay, I had apparently forgotten to document that in the home document on his personal library.

I think you've got the casting total wrong on the Moon-duration maintaining spell. It falls within Lares' minor focus (Control Spells [sustain, suppress, conduct, or contain spell, excludes e.g. warding and vis transfers]), so should be:

3 sta + 10 re + 10 vi + 10 foc = +33

It's correct on the other spells, I believe.

looking at this I was clearly in a rush to get started- this "minor focus" should likely be major without some further definition, as it seems to cover a large portion of both Mu, Re, and Pe vim. First off what is meant by "conduct" a spell.