Lares ex Miscellanea

your metacreator shows parma magica at 2, you have it at one and cannot have it higher.

That being said your character as it is in this thread (not on metacreator) does check out and I consider it complete.

Amazing! I'm not going to argue you on the metacreator issue, given that I've been proven wrong before, but to me the screenshot clearly says parma 1 :smiley: Not that it matters, though - as long as the one in the forum post is correct, that's good enough for me.

Edit: BTW, what are we going to do about the ghost? Does it enter play later, who drafts it, etc.

Now, what are his ambitions as he has finished his gauntlet? His hopes or plans for the future?

Establish a tight-knit, harmonious, prosperous community – and then protect it at all cost against threats both external and internal.

Learn to further extend the duration of spells.

Train an apprentice.

Found a family.

Bind Albrecht as a familiar (this is possible, isn't it?).

binding Albrecht would require initiation into certain mysteries, but can be done.

Well, maybe that's a bit much, scratch that. Make it "Bind a familiar" instead.

One of my character's goals is to try and discover a way for Magi to bind more than one Familiar... we're allowed, it seems, to dream big.

You're not wrong, Itzhak. It's just that I see Lares as a kind of pragmatically-oriented guy (which is why all the other ambitions are rather minor as far as such things go, as well), and it seems to me that planning ahead to join a cult doesn't seem all that fitting for him.

That being said, Hermetic Spirit Magic would be a great fit for him.

While your player may be pragmatic, you, the player, can certainly have grander ambitions. I don't know what Silveroak means when he asks for our character's ambitions, but when I wrote it, I thought about what kind of life path I want for this character. After all, her ambition to bind Birna's Great Beast as a Familiar is pretty out there...

Ah, yeah, that's certainly a good way of looking at it. I was thinking more in terms of the character - what kind of things they might be shooting for at that moment in their life.

What I am looking for is from the character's perspective- what goals and ideas they have that will have guided their life to where they have ended up. You can have a combination of ambitions and realize that some of them are more important than others, the character's ambitions may well have shifted the first time around from what you write during the intervening years to lead them where they are, but it gives me a starting point for writing their hidden backstory as well as a stronger idea of the characters themselves and what they would have expected their future to look like from the players.

Lares’ lab: +1 Cr, Co, Pe, and Vim, +2 Rego, Animal

What is the plan for the aegis of the hearth? I get a reVi lab total of 35, the lab text is for level 50.

The plan is to learn and cast a level 30 version, as discovered by Lares among his lab texts here: "After several minutes searching through his older lab texts Lares finds a level 30 Aegeis, as well as a level 25 wizard's vigil,", The awakening - #241 by silveroak

okay, I was having trouble finding those.

Summer 1289: Lares learns the Aegis. I think you've already updated that.

Lares takes the 7 adventure experience from the Cathar negotiation, all to Profession: Chamberlain for dealing with the servants.

with adventure experience only 5 can be put towards any given ability. You might consider putting points towards steward however.

Ah, alright. Then 5 to profession:chamberlain and 2 to steward.

And his exposure experience in autumn goes to?

Ah yes, forgot, apologies. Maybe I'll say Winter too, while I'm at it.

Autumn: (Vigil from LT) Muto 2xp

Winter (Maintaining from LT): Rego 2xp