Lares ex Miscellanea

Since there was an unexpected adventure due to the sucky Aegis, I will change Winter's plans to Rego 9xp.

Remember with adventure experience only up to 5 can be put into 1 art of ability.

Ah yes, of course. I don't think I'll ever be able to keep all of these balls in the air in my head at the same time.

So 5 rego and 4 vim.

What do you mean by maintaining 45 from a lab text?

It's the level 45, Moon duration Maintaining the Demanding Spell that Lares found in his lab, here:

Okay, I had apparently forgotten to document that in the home document on his personal library.

I think you've got the casting total wrong on the Moon-duration maintaining spell. It falls within Lares' minor focus (Control Spells [sustain, suppress, conduct, or contain spell, excludes e.g. warding and vis transfers]), so should be:

3 sta + 10 re + 10 vi + 10 foc = +33

It's correct on the other spells, I believe.

looking at this I was clearly in a rush to get started- this "minor focus" should likely be major without some further definition, as it seems to cover a large portion of both Mu, Re, and Pe vim. First off what is meant by "conduct" a spell.

I intended it as a citation of the rego vim guidelines, so as to define it as clearly as possible. It's these guidelines:

"Sustain or suppress a spell you have cast whose level is less than or equal
to the level + 2 magnitudes of the Vim spell.

Create a conduit or container for spells with level less than or equal to the
level + 5 magnitudes of the Vim spell. A conduit puts you in mystical
contact with the target (effective Touch range), while a container
will hold a spell for a specific length of time before releasing it.

Sustain or suppress a spell cast by another..."

So not muto or perdo, but just these bits of the rego vim guideline.

Edit: In other words, I think the problem is with the wording "conduct" as opposed to "create a conduit for".

Okay, then yes, you are correct

1 Like

Spring (8xp from the trip south adventure):

Profession:steward 3 xp
Profession: chamberlain 5 xp

1 Like