The council chamber

sorry, misread the line (my vision is not what it used to be) it is a CrCo 40 ritual, not 45.

Oliverius will approve of this.

Oliverius will grumble (Arduino picks up his mentor's habits!) and while he is willing to do a significant trade for vis resources, he is unwilling to agree to it without the specific number stated in advance.

Gloriana can probably fix that for you if the Covenant approves the vis expenditure.

Need to work on that Hermetic Breakthrough to reach across realities! Also, can't erase Decrepitude!

Difficult to calculate! Probably around 40 pawns across several years. Unfortunately, Gloriana will have to milk the aura; fortunately, she has high Creo/MT/Int and middling Vim!

I was going to wait to mention this but it fits in the discussion well at this point- the aura has another permeant increase, so it will be at level 7 for the time being, starting in 1140- extracting a lot of vis might not be a bad thing.

Oh, this is getting exciting. It's still 1 warping a year, but now also warps for half-year as well as full year. Oliverius is happy to see more Vis extracted, but he has no desire to do so himself due to his projects. The big worry, I would think, is if deliberately reducing the aura would be considered a problem by the tribunal as a whole, especially since IIRC, the Roman tribunal is traditionally aura-rare due to the Dominion.

Gloriana will spont ceremonially (as she has to) a MuCo spell to reduce every grog who is going to participate in the Communication Ritual, to wit:
MuCo 25 (so no Warping) Base 3 + 1 extra shrinking R: Touch, D: Sun, Target: Room to turn everybody except herself and Mother Rabbit in the room from size 0 to size -4. Forceless casting. _: 1D10 = [10] = 10, bah! _: 1D10 = [7] = 7 , no botch, (MuCo 39 + 5 Sta + 6 Aura + 10 Al/Phi + 0 roll + 5 Props)/2 = 32, enough!

For the Ritual itself, she has CrMe 54 + 5 Sta + 6 Aura + 10 Al/Phi + 1 Mastery + 5 Props + roll, it's a 12th magnitude spell. For Penetration she has Pen 3, and will try to boost this to get through Simian Rex's MR, 50 + 6 Aura. She can touch Andros, who is a x4 Arcane Connection to the monkey, will create a figurine using her newly acquired pottery skill x2 (4 Craft + 5 Dex vs 9, should be a simple roll, so done!), create a birth horoscope x2 (AL 5 + Int 5 vs 9, _: 1D10 = [1] = 1 , _: 1D10 = [3] = 3, done!), get Simian Rex's signature x1 (he can read and write!), and his name x1. Obviously all done with Andros's consent, in secrecy, and with the promise to destroy these things at the end of the Ritual.
So roll, _: 1D10 = [4] = 4 , bah, + 3 Confidence = 88, +28 over + 3 Pen x 10 = 58!!! Just managed this!

TLDR: Ritual is successful, for those whose MR may be an issue, don't add the aura and compare to 25 Penetration. Am assuming Magi suppress their Parma. +1 Warping to all participants not immune to it, Sybilla is not Warped by the Ritual (Gentle Mastery), nor Gloriana (who is the caster). Since the Covenant's paying, she will return her spent pawns and MR Confidence on this ritual. Gloriana disappears to rest and recover her Fatigue.

Gloriana casting Swindling the Reaper [CrCo 40, ritual, + 80] on Benjamin, she will burn a Long-Term Fatigue level to keep 1 Co pawn: _: 1D10 = [9] = 9 , + a lot of pluses, done, Benjamin gets Warping, but lives, the Covenant is out 4 Co/Cr pawns.

She will rest for a couple of days after this effort.

1139 summary of accounts:
starting balance: 72 4/7 tonnes of silver
income: 8 tonnes silver
expenses: 2/7 tonnes silver
ending balance: 80 1/5 tonnes silver
1/5 tonne of silver donated to convalescence home, reducing ending balance to 80 Tonnes

for the grogs receiving a +1 com, Lucio selects 17 women and 3 men, including himself. The remainder are: Peony, Madelynn, Patrice, Concetta, Concetta, Page, Chauntel, Celeste, Lakia, Angela, Zulima, Unice, Pelligrino the herbalist, Sigourney,
Viviane, Adriana, Prosperina, Cretien, Gaston the Turb Trainer

It looks like the vis exchange was passed, but I don't have numbers for this year to be exchanged. Also I would like to confirm that the raising of com scores was done at individual rather than covenant expense? Nobody seems to have voted for the covenant to cover it.

Gloriana will extract vis in the future, I believe the one who wanted to exchange vis right now was Anna, although what Gloriana desired for herself was to trade her vim for the Covenant's Corpus:

Well dang, Gloriana had covered it herself, then she took it back when it seemed the Covenant was going to cover it. For the Magi I control, Andros and Gloriana vote for the Covenant to underwrite the Ritual, Danaë will again abstain.

Oliverius believes enough people are going to be benefiting that he will vote to support the ritual from covenant coffers. He wants a better, more epic, more amazing library.

So far only 3 magi have voted for covenant support on raising com, with one abstaining. One more needs to support this for the covenant to cover it.

Anna would vote yes, I'm not sure if it ever formally came up though?

News of 1139: Roger II is again victorious in war, the Pope excommunicated Roger II and has banned the use of bows, crossbows, and slings against Christians, along with many new regulations governing the operations of the church and a decree that secular authorities should dispense justice in consultation with Bishops. At the Treaty of Mignano the excommunication was lifted and Rogers titles granted by Anacletus have been officially recognized. Roger II has indicated he will need his armies to report in 1140 to consolidate his rule over his territories. Also the members of the covenant of Rome have been stripped of their offices and excommunicated. There has been a movement put forth for consideration at the next Tribunal meeting in 1144 that these members be Marched on charges of interference with mundane authority.

Henry the Proud, leader of teh rebellion in the holy Roman Empire died in 1139, but the struggle continues under the banner of his son Henry the Lion.

Vis in excess supply: Ignem and Mentem

in news not reported by the redcaps, there appears to be a schism developing in the Augustinian Brotherhood between those who believe that Roger II is the best hope for the foundation of a New Rome and those who believe that Pope Innocent II is the best hope for founding a new Roman Empire.

Anna attempts to gather a meeting. At a minimum she'll grab a scribe and make the scribe take a record. My son, has disturbed the ghost of what appears to be Evandrus. Any proposals for how to handle this?

Oliverius writes down a few thoughts on his wax tablet before speaking. "That is quite a situation we have, then. We should begin by trying to determine if this is actually the ghost of Evandrus or a facsimile. Demons deceive magi and faeries deceive themselves. What steps have been taken, and what are available to us?" The Verditius will listen to any replies made before adding in, "I do not want to see the ghost of a former covenant member in distress. Once we verify his veracity, we should attempt to determine why his spirit is still here and do our best to satisfy his needs, as long as it does not hinder our Covenant's purpose or goals."

Gloriana turns even paler than usual. "Evandrus, a ghost? How have you ascertained his identity, this unquiet spirit's provenance? I must see, I must speak to this apparition, show him that his great work lives on! Oh, is he in pain? Take me to him!"

Andros's demeanor is grave. Well, the chap was always going on about his research, his driving goal might have outlived him. But, how, if it truly be a ghost, is it that it manifested inside the Aegis, that's not how it's supposed to work! Hmm, I could concoct something to determine the Realm of provenance, but if it's a powerful spirit, it might not work. Unfortunate that, uhh, his condition post...incident...prevented a good Christian burial this last directed at Gloriana.
Andros will confer privately with Lucio to determine Aegis token inventory.

Danaë takes it all in stride, she is cheery, even. Ghosts? Well, they do walk amongst us! The creepy librarian is one, and he gets around, doesn't he? Surely he can be consulted, for this most existential opinion. Yea, and there are those even here that can sense the Unclean, we can ask them if this ghost doth stink!

Evandrus ghost does not appear reliably enough to interview, but when the grogs are questioned by Lucio Al Wazif reports seeing Bravery talking to himself but there was no sense of the infernal or the divine in his presence at the time.

News of 1140
A relatively quiet year, Conrad III makes great progress against the rebels of the holy Roman Empire, while Roger II consolidates his power over southern Italy and establishes a common law for the entire region as well as an official currency- the silver ducat. For the first time in a long while the kingdom is at peace.
Innocent II attempts to begin to establish his legacy as Pope, but is frustrated by events within Rome where the people remain restless under his rule.

Vis in excess supply: Ignem and Creo