The "Forgotten" Spells

Gargantua is quite happy. He has gotten Magus Alcofribas Nasier of Jerbiton to fill his larder with enormous quantities of the finest delicacies. In fact, he has spent the greatest part of the last month pigging out in his cellar. Strangely, although he's been eating and eating and eating, he never feels quite full. "So much the better", he exclaims, "that way I still have room for more!"
Sadly, good things never last and the rising full moon brings an end to the feast. Just as he was about to bite in a nice piece of ham, a horrific stomach cramp makes Gargantua wince. When he opens his eyes, the ham is gone, and so are most of the foodstuffs that filled his pantry. Weakened by hunger pangs that refuse to subside, Gargantua crawls towards a barrel which he hope has been spared by this curse that has suddenly befallen him. Luckily for him, the barrel is indeed full, although oats make for a quite miserable fare for one who has grown accustomed to fine ambrosia. Unable to think about anything but food, Gargantua digs in head first.
Two days and three barrels later, he finally stagger out of the cellar, dazed by the amount of food he managed to inhale in such a short time, and substantially wiser about those treacherous devil worshippers that call themselve Hermetic Magi.

Magically created food works well to complement real food during a feast, but your grogs aren't going to appreciate being "fed" that way. After the first time you reduce them to devouring their own boots, they are going to be rather suspicious of any food you conjure for them. Expect a loyalty drop.

Creo Herbam Guidelines , page 136 ArM 05.

This would therefore be the same for Animal & Corpus.
(if we were eating people that is)
This does not mean a ritual by virtue of spell level alone ,
but a Momentary Creo Ritual using Vis.
(in case anyone was going to argue semantics)

My thought was to augment existing food stocks.
You have plenty of bland but nourishing food.
Simply create extra ingredients (w/o vis) that you then use with existing real food.
This could be rare or hard to get ingredients during winter.
People still get their staple diet , but at least it isn't boring.

Fruny you are far more generous to the poor Gargantua as I would have be: I would instantly put him in a state as if he hasnt eaten anything withhin the last Moon... this would mean he will fall down to his knees and do his last breath. I think not only the food in the stomach disappears, all the muskles, bones, blood, flesh, hairs ect produced with the food (and yes I think even in the middle ages people knows that if you dont eat you will starve :wink:) will disapear too or at least will die as if it is rotten flesh.
And if Gargantua would have use magical created water for a month.... I think at least some parts of him will change into dust in a moment.
In general I am very generous to magic and what you can do with it: in my saga magic seems powerfuler than in the mind of many forum users, but in this case I understand no fun (which is typical for germans, some english people may say :stuck_out_tongue:) and would be bad to the bone, because otherwise you would weaken one of the Limits of Hermetic Magic, so I think.

The middle ground might simply be
to apply extra aging rolls
to someone who has survived on non-vis created food and drink.
If the period is one in which a normal person could survive w/o food ,
then any debilitatation is not permanent.
But can be regained through proper care and real food.

For extended periods ,
the person would possibly end up the equivalent of being arthritic and enfeebled ,
or dead (if the rolls went badly).
This might require magical healing (as per resolving an aging crisis).
Any further natural aging rolls could well kill them

Hey I like the thing with the aging rolls (which shoudlnt be boosted by longivety rituals!): a roll must be made for every period a normal human could survive without food or water, exept for the first one. A normal human should survive 10 days without food and 3 days without water, so if someone uses magical created food and water for 3 months (90 days) as only source of food and water he would have to make 27 aging rolls which would be very nasty, but in most cases not deadly.

... and then comes the Warp. I dont care about the level or the constant effect - if someone lived on magically created food out of thin air - then I'd say they qualify for being warped by the forces of nature...

Well even more interesting, and I think this thread has given many ideas on a middle ground of sorts, it is that the sentiment here and now seems so far from the predominant views on the subject in the Creo Cheese thread, where I felt like I was more or less alone on being sceptical on non-ritual foods nourishment.

Well, since we're going through our old arguments, I still prefer the "you return to the state you started at" option.

You could Muto Dirt into a feast for a magnitude less, or two magnitudes less if you were happy with veggies and fruits.

You might be able to eliminate the penalties for being hungry with a Rego Corpus spell, base level 10 (the same as the Creo Animal base). This wouldn't stop you from starving, but would make it much nicer. :wink:

There is certainly a Muto effect that could just make you not need food, and though I don't see anything that directly speaks to this effect, you can certainly draw bonuses to resist starving from Soak guidelines. I would think totally eliminating hunger is easier than turning you into a tree, putting the effect around level 20 or less.

The level of the effect seems right for a useful Creo spell along these lines, and the rules as written don't seem to support a larger penalty (like many aging rolls or death).

I do like the warping thing, but that would be imposed if you ate such food for half the year, right? A month shouldn't harm you.

That is perfectly well - but I would still like to question your arguments (in this thread, the other is bygone)

Yes you can make dirt into a feast - but who says it is nourishing, much less eatable. What happens when the changed dirt change back - which it will according to its nature not being a feast? Will the person sill be nourished? Will his bowels be alright? Making dirt into a feast is as unconlusive an argument as the discussion on how to read the passage on "being" hungry when the effect subsides.

Hmmm.... you might remove the penalties on activities, somewhat like with wounds, but you wouldnt be able to remove the need for food to survive - that would be in contradiction to the Limit of Energy. Just as sure as a wounded character would die from his wounds, if severe enough, even if you use ReCo to avoid the pains and disabilities.

I would need a reference for the certainty of such an argument on muto.

Well - proposedly bc the rules nowhere support the notion that you can survive on non-ritual nourishment. I even think that Ravencrofts citation of Herbam guidelines - which we missed in the last discussion on this subject - pretty much spells it out in a non-negotionable way. I think that crucial piece to the puzzle more less narrows it down to what would happen if you did eat non-ritual food anyway. How would it affect you - how would you feel it affected you.

All in all I think this thread has offered great ideas on how to handle this - which is reasonable taking in to account that either pole (not possible at all - vs eat away) might not be the most endearing for interesting stories.

And when the spell ends you suffer the same problems: all the food that build up your body is gone or the dirt suddenly appears in your blood...

Sure, sure: avoiding penalties from anything is not so hard and gve you more "soak" against starving might help you resisting the ill effects: but this have limits. A reCo spell simular to Endurance of the Berserker will not help you against the "wounds" directly, it will simply avoid the pain... and after a time you are dead and diddnt see it comming. A spell that increases your soak would longer the time you could be without food, but this is also something limited: after some time even this wont help you.

The rules as written would (the hermetic limit of creation and the Creo guidelines) simply kill you. It is the same as if you make a new heart for someone and at the end of the spell the heart disapears and the person is dead. Or when you create stones and use them (with normal stones) in a tower... at some point they will disappear and the tower will crumble and fall.
The thing with a spell that eliminating hunger is against the limit of energy I think: a living thing have to eat and drink and the "energy" of the food cannot be put away if you are a living thing. It should be impossible to eliminate hunger and thirst like it is impossible to heal or eliminate fatigue.

Edit: argh Furion you were faster ^^

:stuck_out_tongue:

Yet so similar... erie... :unamused:

In HoH:MC, it is specified that Inner Heartbeast made of flame cannot be "put out", so I am not sure a CrAq spell would work that way. Of course, there are precious few guidelines on how to deal with elementals. From what I have heard, most if not all the information is contained in the original "Stormrider" adventure (which I do not have). We will probably have to wait until RoP:Magic comes out. In the meantime, PeIg works probably just as well.

Yup

You don't need a Part target. Creo spells that create stuff use Individual or Group. Diameter may not be enough to kill somebody - I would either go for Concentration (as in 4th ed) or directly to Sun. I don't really agree with the 3 extra magnitudes. Lungs of Water and Death is Level 15 in 4th edition, making unmodified use of the guideline that now corresponds to level 4. The additional difficulty is already built into the casting requisites.

I suggest: Level 20: Base 4, +2 Voice, +2 Sun. Sure, it may seem low for a kill spell, but the victim does get natural resistance and could also get assistance. If you feel an additional magnitude is warranted, that's fine with me, but I feel that 3 is too many.

In my opinion, the "type" of wine would be dependent on the caster's sigil rather than the version of the lab text. Quality would be linked to Finess. With Creo Aquam, if vis weren't an issue, that could lead to interesting trade. Even if normally made with grapes, I don't think an Herbam requisite is needed, anymore than you would require (say) an Animal requisite to turn a liquid into poison. Wine is squarely Aquam in my opinion.

I am not entirely convinced that the Sun duration is absolutely needed. The slowness with which the ice forms smells more like a SG restriction on the power of the spell, which doesn't freeze everything instantly, than a desire for the magus to have the magic appear "natural". With the Sun duration, at least, you are guaranteeing that the ice will not melt prematurely, which is probably a worthwhile addition. Whether a Rego or a Muto spell would be able to turn water into ice faster is something I leave to Bonisagus.

No mention yet in ArM5. Wait and see.

While you can probably find elemental spirits easily enough, you may have to cast your net further afar to find a suitably powerful one. If we go by 4th edition Hedge Magic genius locii, powerful spirits aren't exactly commonplace.

I think that Rego Terram of the kind that affect generic solids might more appropriate. Although it might just be a different way to achieve the same goal.

Lucius, Ravenscroft, and Furion,

Great gods, I'm out numbered and out maneuvered!

Let me ask you this, doesn't this make Creo to make food substantually worse than Creo used to heal? Creo used to heal basically holds you in state, returning you to the way things were before you cast the spell with no ill effects (well, lost healing time), where as Creo to make food is not even that stop gap of a measure. It seems like a major imbalance.

All my personal opinions aside, I do agree that Ravenscroft has found the official call on this one. Good eyes.

Well, me for one. I think eatable isn't even in the debate. It's one of the Muto Terram guidelines.

The Level 45 Muto Terram spell turns you into a stone that doesn't need food or drink for a Moon (though you still age as a person).

And as always, thanks to Fruny for his help.

Turns out I've got the 2nd Edition of Stormrider which does have a bunch of stuff about Elementals (and the 4th Ed which doesn't).

Here's what it says about Elementals, I'll update the spells above to reflect the new info on these sort of spells.

ELEMENTALS

Elementals are everywhere, inhabiting all natural places. Within the Dominion, they are reduced in power, so they are rarely found there. Elementals usually exist in spirit form, immersed in their appropriate enviroments. When they interact with the other elements, either because they have been summoned or because something has interested them, they take physical forms. Usually they do not notice other elements at all, but they can sense magic. Since seeing something outside of its element is probally a novelty, an elemental is often curios about any magical things that come near it.

Elementals are magical, so they get the same bonuses and penalties as magi for being in areas of supernatural influence. Remember that an elemental finds it very difficult to move or survive outside its element.

Basically the Summon spell requires a Ritual. "You can summon any elemental of the type specific to the spell if you know of it and can roll its Summon Factor on die + Level."

I wonder if this is ment to mean if you know of the existance of River Trolls, you can summon them, or if you have to know of "Bill the River Troll".

I realise this is all previous edition stuff, but it certainly is adaptable (and the Magic Realm is a long way away). If nothing else it makes good NPC Hedge magic.

CREO AURUM

Eroding Winds: Gen
THEN: Near, Inst
Whips up winds that will take apart earth elementals by beating its Summon Factor on die + Level.
NOW: Level: Gen , R: Voice, D: Mom, T: Ind
Weakens and possibly destroys a creature composed of earth, such as an Earth Elemental. If the spell penetrates the demon’s Magic Resistance, the Elemental loses Might equal to the spell’s level.
(Base effect, +2 Voice)

INTELLEGO AURUM

Smell Poisonous Vapors: 5
THEN: Reach, Inst
You can sense whether the air you are breathing is poisonous.
NOW: Level: 4, R: Per, D: Mom, T: Smell
(Base 2, +2 Smell)

MUTO AURUM

Chimes in the Breeze: 5
THEN: Near, Conc, Imagonem
The wind about you will ring with the sounds of lightly whispering chimes.
NOW: Muto Imaginem Level: 3, R: Touch, D: Conc, T: Ind
The sound of the wind touching you rings with the sounds of lightly whispering chimes.
(Base 1, +1 Touch, +1 Conc)
NOTE: I don’t think changing the air around you to the sound of chimes is a healthy thing to do, as the 1st edition of the spell would try to do now.

Blasting Wind, Blinding Mist: 10
Increases the strength of some minor air phenomenon, including fog, smoke, odors, etc to half again its original strength.
NOW: Muto Auram Level: 5, R: Voice, D: Mom, T: Ind
These effects will revert to their previous levels as circumstances dictate. The spell cannot increase a phenomenon beyond what is naturally possible.
(Base: 2, +2 Voice, +1 increased strength)
UPDATE: Fruny suspects Muto is still the Art of choice here, quoting Muto Vim boost spells. I suspect Rego could do it to, but given the origional spell is Muto, I've changed it to that, and kept the base the same, as there are no guidelines near this effect under Muto Auram)

Heat of Hell’s Impending Doom: 35
THEN: Spec, Conc/Moon, Ignem
A huge wave of heat comes rolling over the area in a mile radius around you, with the exception of the area within 10 feet of you. The heat calls for a Fatigue roll of 8+ every round, and body levels are lost once fatigue levels are gone.
NOW: Level 25, R: Touch, D: Conc, T: Ind, Ritual
Req: Rego, Ignum
A huge wave of burning hot wind comes rolling over the area in a mile radius around you. During the ritual a space up to 100 feet around may be paced which will be exempt from the heat. The heat calls for a Fatigue roll of 6+ every round. Light wounds are inflicted once fatigue levels are gone. Drinking or immersion in copious amounts of water can add up to +6 to the save.
(Base: 4, +2 size, +1 Rego effect (protects center area))
NOTE: This seems like an unnaturally powerful heat to me, thus Muto. I’m not sure what the medieval idea of a heat wave was.
UPDATED: Changed to ritual per Fruny's suggestion, changed base to "air into fire" guideline. Also changed Range to "Touch" since effect is around the caster. Bumped the save down a bit, added reference to "wind" to allow for the no gas paradigm.

PERDO AURUM

Slay the Spirit of the Winds: Gen
You can destroy an air elemental if you can match its Summon Factor on die + Level -5.
NOW: Level: Gen , R: Voice, D: Mom, T: Ind
Weakens and possibly destroys a creature composed of air, such as an Air Elemental. If the spell penetrates the demon’s Magic Resistance, the Elemental loses Might equal to the spell’s level.
(Base effect, +2 Voice)

Still the Gentle Breeze: 5
Stops a breeze, leaving calm air.
NOW: Level: 10, R: Voice, D: Mom, T: Ind
Stops the nearest breeze to the caster. Under normal circumstances the winds will not pick up from that direction for at least an hour or so.
(Base 4, +2 Voice)

Air Clear and Pure: 10
Dispels an air phenomenon, such as smoke, haze or odor. Casting prerequisites: Ignem for smoke; aqua for fog, mists and haze.
NOW: Level: 15 , R: Voice, D: Mom, T: Ind
Destroys a normal weather phenomenon. No requisites.
(Base 5, +2 Voice)

Thief of the Stolen Breath: 10
Takes a creature’s breath out of its lungs, causing panic and an instant drop of 1 fatigue level plus a second level unless a Stm roll of 7+ is made. Casting prerequisites: Corporem for people, Animalem for animals.
NOW: Level: 15, R: Voice, D: Mom, T: Part
Casting Req: Corpus or Animal
(Base 4, +2 Voice, +1 part)
UPDATE: Changed 'fancy effect" to part like "Parching Wind"

REGO AURUM

Bind Spirit of the Winds: Gen
THEN: Near/Spec, Sun
You can control an air elemental if you can roll its Bind Factor or higher on a die + Level. If the elemental is already bound by a higher level binding spell, your spell will not work. A botch means the elemental will attack you to the best of its ability. If you try to bind an elemental again when its first binding wears off, you risk one extra botch die for every day the elemental has been in your service.
NOW: Level: 45, R: Voice, D: Sun, T: Ind
You can control a creature made of air, and may give it one complex command at a time. The creature may resist a specific command on an Intelligence or Cunning roll of 12+, but this does not end the spell. If you try to bind an elemental again when its first binding wears off, you risk one extra botch die for every day the elemental has been in your service.
(Base 25, +2 Voice, +2 Sun)

Summon Spirit of the Winds: Gen
THEN: Reach, Spec, Ritual, Vim
You can summon any type of air elemental you know of if you can roll its Summon factor on die + Level. You must summon the elemental out of its natural element. A botch you means you have summoned the wrong kind of elemental, perhaps an unusually strong or hostile one.
NOW: Level: Gen, R: Arc, D: Sun, T: Ind
You can summon any air elemental if you know of it and have an Arcane Connection to. Because of their nature, Arcane Connections to elementals are not as specific as they are to other creatures. For example, air from a cloud would serve as a connection to any elemental that inhabits such places. The level of the Ritual must exceed the Magic Might of the elemental to be summoned.
(Base Gen, +3 Arc, +2 Sun)
NOTE: So not sure of this :smiley:

Same caveat as before. I don't think Cr-Opposite Form works to damage an elemental's Might.

The spell converts the wind into chimes, and air is not made of gases (and there is no such thing as a vacuum either), so unless designed with that purpose in mind, the spell wouldn't affect the air quality (which would require Perdo anyway).

Muto may actually be appropriate, if you look at Muto Vim effects that can modify the strength of other spells, with Creo/Perdo required past a given point.

Muto is fine, but I have a further concern about that spell: it sounds like a prime candidate for a Ritual, level notwithstanding (q.v. Breath of the Open Sky). If you go for it, I would define the protected area as a Boundary to be walked during the casting of the spell.
The base level should probably be 3 rather than 5. Level 4 to change air into another element (fire), minus one magnitude to change only one property, making the air extra hot.
I would probably also lower the difficulty of the fatigue rolls: the spell is already more than powerful enough as it is and it is not too difficult to hold concentration long enough to bring down even the stoutest foe.

That being said, what were they thinking... Moon duration!? That's rather impractical, especially if you only get to shield a 10' area.

+1 Part instead of "fancy effect"? q.v. Parching Wind, PeAq 20.

If you have RoP:The Infernal nearby, check the spells near the end, you may find guidelines that could be adapted to deal with elementals rather than demons. If you don't, I'll check when I get back to my books (it may have to wait a couple days - I'm relying on Metacreator's help files right now. Spells and guidelines in electronic format are one more reason why it rocks :stuck_out_tongue:).

Ahh the Terrible Trio strikes again!! Join us.... and all will be at ease... :smiling_imp:

First off, they dont have to be equvalent. They are not the same thing. Secondly my main reason for having a strict view on the non-nourishment of non-ritual food is a matter of setting integrity. I think a ME where someone could make food/nourishment without being dependent on vis would look very very different. A medieval setting is basically a world where there is a narrow divide between prosperity and a year of poor agricultural yeilds resulting in famine and wants. Even in time of prosperity the economics of the covenants would be remarkably different if they could do so. Stories come from limited ressources - in the real world as well as in a fictive world there would be much fever conflicts if there where no limits on ressources. Food isnt just food - it is a vital part in economy, and thus the availability of food also influences what the covenant can use on defenses, buildings, soldiers, specialists, weapons, lab equipment, books - you name it! Limits in ressources make conflicts, add to motivations and underlines many stories - whether in the foreground or not. Therefore I do not think there neccesarily for its own sake should be balance between what creo does and doesnt do concerning wounds and feeding people.

It does however make a great potential for research on breakthoughs in Hermetic Magic - breakthroughs that could potential not only change the Order but ME itself.

And making dirt into feast is not in the guidelines - if it was I'd grant you that it would imply being eatable - but it isn't. The guidelines say you can change dirt into X; X being liquids, gas, plants, animals. No where does it state that you could eat said material and be nourished by it, much less feel fine about it. In reference to the Limit of Essential Nature and the description of Muto it is quite clear that the thing changed will in all essential regard still remain what it was at the outset - and its natural proporties cannot be changed. A human will still basically be human and dirt will still basically be non-nourishing to eat and having done so might cause complications.

And I do not disagree with that - but there is a world apart from using a spell (quite high magnitude btw... but that is irrelevant) to make you into stone and thus make do without eating and in turns transforming dirt and eating it while you yourself is human. Thus this not an usable argument. Even if it is a great way for a magus with the power to survive - which is an impressive casting total in Muto Corpus, (Terram and possibly Herbam and/or Animal depending on clothes etc.)

And mind me Angafea, this is only a hazzle about foodstuff - I do admire you greatly for bringing back heaps of old goodies and nevergreens!

All this talk of elementals, and no one has mentioned Calebais? Page 34 describes Fifth Edition spells that harm elementals, and says that PeVi or PeFo will destroy an elemental's Might like Demon's Eternal Oblivion. PeFo can also deal damage directly, breaking apart its body, and a MuFo spell or a Creo spell of the opposing Form will do half as much damage as Perdo.

We left that for the expert, who has now spoken. :wink:

Ok, ok, I'll go buy it :wink:

In the meantime, anybody have the damage guideline? Is it +1/level base?

CREO CORPOREM

Free the Accursed Body: Gen
THEN: Touch, Inst, Ritual
Cancels the effects (short of death) of a malign corporem spell, such as Twist of the Tongue or The Neverending Silence, if you can match the Level of the spell on die + Level.
NOW: Level: Gen, R: Touch, D: Mom, T: Ind , Ritual
(Base Gen, +1 Touch)
NOTE: Vim can do it better, but sometimes you go with what you know. However this is better than the generic Heal guideline, which I’m not even sure can heal Perdo Corpus damage (e.g. blinding healing as a Heavy wound). I’m not even sure if it’s possible to do this anymore, since most Perdo is instant, but it’s certainly a worthy effect if it is as it allows more flexibility against spell damage, but not doing anything to normal wounds.

Gentle Touch of the Purified Body: 15
THEN: Touch, Sun/Inst.
Stops the progress of any disease of typical strength. It will not remove damage that has already occurred, nor will it cure such dread illnesses as the Black Death or leprosy.
Respite of the Ailing Body
NOW: Level 15, R: Touch, D: Sun, T: Ind
Stops the progress of any disease, however it returns at full strength at the end of the spell duration.
(Base 3, +1 Touch, +2 Sun)
NOTE: Changed Base to 3 per Fruny's suggestion. I had already renamed the spell.

NOTE: The spell “Silent Vigil” was then called “Meld into Stone” a name crying for a spell.

MUTO CORPOREM

Evil Eye: 5
THEN: Near, Sun/Perm, Perdo
Enlarges one eye of the target, malforming the face and producing a grisly visage.
NOW: Level: 15, R: Voice, D: Sun, T: Part
Enlarges one eye of the target, malforming the face and producing a grisly visage particurally associated with evil. Presence rolls that involve good looks and gaining respect from most people are at -3 for the duration.
(Base 2, +2 Voice, +2 Sun, +1 Part)
NOTE: Should this be Target: Part? Eyes of the Cat isn’t. Or is one eye “part” of eyes? Why is Incantation of Milky Eyes target “Ind” and Twist of the Tongue target “part”.
UPDATED: Included Part target per Fruny, also added to description to indicate why one would bother targeting a part, as opposed to just deforming the whole person. I wonder if using the "part" target would allow the targeting of much much larger targets, given that the "part" can be up to size +1.

Curse of the Sneezing Banshee: 5
THEN: Near, Conc
The target must make a Stm roll of 7+ or sneeze uncontrollably for one round.
NOW: Level: 10, R: Voice, D: Conc, T: Ind
The target sneezes and continues to sneeze until the spell ends. A Stm roll of 9+ allows no sneezing for 1 round. Spellcasters must make Int + Conc stress roll of 12 + to maintain concentration, and others get -1 on most activities while sneezing.
(Base 3, +2 Voice, +1 Conc)
NOTE: I increased the base save from 7+ to 9+ as the base spell no longer allows a save at all, I thought this would mediate it's effect somewhat.

The Neverending Silence: 20
Deafens a target. Disorientation will cause a -1 penalty in combat.
NOW: Level: 30, R: Voice, D: Mom, T: Ind
Deafens a target. Disorientation will cause a -1 penalty to many Abilities, including combat. Magi when casting spells with a spoken component must roll 2 extra botch dice, as they cannot hear what they are saying. Heals as a Heavy Wound.
(Base: 20, +2 Voice)

Dance of the Bones: 20
THEN: Near, Conc
Lets you control a person’s skeletal remains so that they will follow your verbal commands. You must maintain concentration on the skeleton to keep it active. Information about animates skeletons is given in the section on Undead in the Bestiary chapter.
NOW: Level: 20 , R: Touch, D: Diam, T: Ind
Lets you give a corpse a single simple command that it will continue to carry out for 2 minutes. You cannot give the corpse further instructions, and it will continue to carry out your order even if it is futile (such as attacking an already defeated foe).
(Base 10, +1 Touch, +1 Diam)
NOTE: This spell is similar to Awaken the Slumbering Corpse, but without requiring Concentration.

1st Ed. Stats for Animated skeletons:
Size 0	Cun-4
Stm N/A
Magic Might 5
Soak (no armor)  +8
Body Levels:  In 1st Ed they had only 1 body level, I would instead treat them as size -2 for their “thinness“.  +5 Soak vs. puncturing weapons.  Skeletons have 0 in weapon skills and unlisted stats, so just use the base weapon stats.
1st ED. Stats for Zombies:
Size 0	Cun-4
Magic Might 5
Str +5	Stm N/A
Dex -3	Qik -3
Soak (no armor) +12
Body Levels:  2 Body levels, I would treat them as size -1.  +5 Soak against puncturing weapons, and is immune to mentem spells.