The "Forgotten" Spells

I changed the wording to indicate it could break an ongoing spell, not a momentary one.

And even though you can't restore Fatigue levels, you can stop the spell from doing any more damage, right?

The Perdo spell could certainly be stopped, by a Vim spell for sure, but I am somewhat unsure about a Creo spell for this spell in particular.

The only thing that bothers me after the level is adjusted to 80 is that you use 16 pawns of vis to create the beast, then get 20 back for killing it...

I can just see a player constructing a strong metal cage, summoning the griffin, have the grogs stab it to death with spears (after all, it can't reach them through the cage to bite back), gather the 20 pawns, perdo the corpse (repeat)...

Ouch...
I'm not sure of the right way to handle this, drop the vis the Griffin contains (say down to 10), or artificially increase the number of pawns of vis needed for the ritual.

Ed

Ah good call. I think 1 pawn per magnitude of Might is much closer to standard now. Thanks!

What do the creo animal guidelines say?

Oh ho! Good catch! This will lower the level quite a bit.

For the gallery:

When creating a magical creature the Magical Might of the creature cannot exceed the level of the spell, and requisites must be included, including Vim for the magical nagure.

Seems kind of off that increasing the level due to increasing the duration or range increases the power of what is summoned, but I can see spinning it "in saga".

This is already a ritual where you're using Vis, and being Creo any reason it's duration sun rathar than momentary?

The base for creating a magical beast is 50.

While a Griffin might be natural to the setting ,
it is by no means a natural animal.

Ok, I'll buy that.

It's too bad though. I love most of what they've done with 5th, but some of the spell guidelines are so rigid that, as in this case, it's just as hard to summon something with a 1 Might as a 70.

Note I'm changing the spell up in the "Ars Magica Grimoire" not in this thread any more.

That's what you've got non-hermetics and mystery cults for.

(and friendly infernal offers of teaching you how)