The Mages Travel to De Panne

[color=red]Yes, yes. Novus Main is what it is called. They are studying all sorts of things there. I help them with their more theological questions.

Who lives in the manor house? It looks very rich and well kept.

No one racalls or is willing to admit having seen him

[color=red]The castle is the residence of the representative of Countess Jeane of Flanders , he does not intefere much being content to keep De Panne out of the inheritance squabbles betweent he Countess and her sister. He just collects the Countesses taxes and sends them on , he lets the merchants rule the town which only contributes to their pride.
So these scholars of yours have an interest in theology do they , I remember my predecessor's corrsponded with the previousinhanitants from time to time on matters of Philopsophy and Theology. Tell me are you the priest for their village? I seem to recall quite a few people moving there recently

[color=red]Priest? No. ((chuckle))[color=red] I am a monk of Friars Minor. We follow the teaching of Francis of Assisi and the Franciscan rule. I help the villagers with pray and read the bible to them.

Not all of them are interested in Theology but I am there to help with any questions that may touch on the bible or moral quandaries. One of them has a interests in Roman Architecture. Or it looks that way.

It sounds like you do lot like the way the merchants are dealing with the town? Is there a problem?

Just to have three things going on in the same thread...

Halvard will explore around the edge of town. Playing attention to the woods and and hill or mound. He will attempt to avoid contact with anyone.

Havlar is able to avoid meeting with anyone or apparently arousing suspicion as he sneaks around the edges of the town. However he fails to find anything interesting in the nearby area

The priest discusses the problems in the town in some length. He has nothing particularly agianst the merchants he just worries that their greed and worldlienss is bad for their souls and for those in the town who try to emulate their behaviour. He is also curious as to why the covenant has no priest if there is a vilaage and offers to try to arrange for himself or another nearby priest to visist occasionally to perform mass for the people.

Halvard will expand his range and look further from the town.

When he is done he will find Dragor and locate a place to sleep.

Indeed. Except I think we are types that stay up all night, are we not? Marcellus may be sleepy. Dragor will go with the group to secure lodgings, but he plans to explore DePanne at night.

What is the phase of the moon?

I figured it would be a hayloft or stable somewhere at 4AM

Marcello will find lodging with the Priest

Being on the streets of De Panne much after nightfall will be very suspicous to the militia. It just isn't something that law abiding folk are doing in medieval towns, exploring the area around De Panne after dark would be much better.

Dragor is easily able to secure lodgings at one of the travellers inn's located in De Panne. Marcello can indeed find accomodation with the town priest

Moon phase is the New Moon so it is very dark after sunset

Halvard has no intention of going into the town unless he can help it. He is looking for fairy auras. A bit easier at night because the Dominion goes down by one.

In the dark outside of town Havlard is only able to see because of his strong faerie heritage . The land near the town is cultivated and tamed there are some stands of tree's but no wilderness.
To Havlard it does seem that the dominion aura of the town is weaker than he would expect. But there is no huge sign of a faerie aura in fact much of the land around town seems to have a mild magical aura by night. He is able to find some traces of a faerie aura on a hill south of the town but he cannot find any sign of what the aura is centered on

Dragor visits he local tavern/alehouse and tries to recruit a new agent. The merchant I deal with counts as an agent, but of low level and singular utility (I don't want to risk him by expanding his utility or the connection). I am looking to recruit someone with street savvy, a hustler and rogue, who can serve as my eyes and ears in DePanne.

Halvard will collect his traveling mates the next day and travel back to Novus Main. He will plan to come back on MidSummers Eve when the Fairy Aura will be much stronger.

Dragor will be able to find someone he can pay to keep an ear on the gossip and incidents in DePanne. He won't be able to uncover dark secrets but should be able to get you rumors and other useful information.

Havlard and the others are able to travel back to De Panne without any problems having confirmed that De Panne is the town of his visions .

Excellent. I prefer to save the Svengali routine for extreme circumstances. I tip him a little extra, and give him the following password so that he can recognize if my messages are legitimate. That password is "Uriah", as in the Hittite, who got his wife stolen by King David.

I think we can bring this thread to a conclusion