The Poisoner’s Handbook - Spells for Moderation

The Poisoner’s Handbook: By Hadrianus of Flambeau

Onyx Draught of Waiting Death CrAq 40
This spell creates a single, black, drop of poison from the end of the Magus’ finger which can be then dripped into a person’s drink. Upon drinking the liquid, the victim suffers a Fatal Wound from the poison consumed.
In Hadrianus’ version of the spell the black drop is squeezed from the index finger of his left hand. His sigil is expressed by the victim’s veins turning black as they suffer the effects of the poison.
[B: 25, R: Touch +1, D: Sun +2, T: Individual]

Subtle Stench of the Deathly Draught InAq 25
The caster can smell any poison for the duration of the spell. Fatal or Incapacitating poisons give a powerful and overwhelming stench, which is easily detected, though the storyguide might ask for Perception + Awareness rolls to detect more subtle poisons.
[B: 4, R: Smell +2, D: Concentration +1, T: Individual]

The Corruption of Blood to Acid MuAq 20
Requisite: Corpus, Perdo
The Magus can transform their victim’s blood to an acid which does +3 damage (Stamina only, as armour provides no defence) each round for the duration of the spell. The Magus must remain in physical contact with the victim, for any break in that contact ends the spell.
Hadrianus finds this an excellent way to torture those he requires information from. The pain alone is generally sufficient to garner what response he wishes, and the sight of one’s own blood burning its way to the surface of the skin is enough to intimidate even the most tight-lipped individuals.
[B: 3, R: Touch +1, D: Concentration +1, T: Part +1, Requisites +2]

The Deathly Poison Made Safe to Drink PeAq 20
Renders any poison in a drink safe to consume.
People are often suspicious of a drink until they see the person who poured it take their own sip. Hadrianus developed this spell so that he could falsely reassure his victim’s that their own cups were safe to drink.
[B: 15, R: Touch +1, D: Momentary, T: Individual]

The Spray of Poison Gas ReAq 10
When cast upon a vial of poison, this spell instantly transforms it into a cloud of gas. The vial is usually designed to crack under such pressure, or a seal break so the gas can escape. For the duration of the spell, the gas can be inhaled by a single person within 1 pace of the original vial, causing damage depending on the severity of the poison used. So long as they are aware of the gas, a Quickness + Awareness roll of 9+ will avoid allow a person to avoid breathing in the gas in time for the poison’s effects to be one category less (e.g. Heavy reduced to Medium Wound). A 12+ allows the person to avoid the effects completely.
Hadrianus simply writes; “Beware a Flambeau bearing gifts”.
[B: 3, R: Voice +2, D: Diameter +1, T: Individual]

I would tweak this spell a bit to give it a shorter duration.

Tell me what you think

The Exploding Vapors
ReAq 5
R voice D Momentary T Individual
This spell instantly transforms a small quantity of liquid into a cloud of fine mistin an explosive expansion of vapor. the vapor fills an area of approximately 1 pace in diameter around the original liquid. The vapor settles to the ground over the course of a minute or two.

This spell was used by Hadrianus of Flambeau who cast the spell on somewhat fragle vials of deadly poison, which he burst with the spell enveloping whomever was holding the vial in a cloud of (non-magical)poison fog and typically killing them.

If the victim is aware of the gas, a Quickness + Awareness roll of 9+ will avoid allow a person to avoid breathing in the gas in time for the poison’s effects to be one category less, (e.g. Heavy reduced to Medium Wound). A 12+ allows the person to avoid the effects completely.

Hadrianus simply writes; “Beware a Flambeau bearing gifts”.

[B: 3, R: Voice +2, D: Diameter +1, T: Individual]

Yes, I played with the duration quite a bit before I posted. I wasn't sure how permanent the transformation to gas would last. Would it turn back into liquid at the end of the spell? Or would it remain a vapour indefinately?

I looked at spells like 'Breath of Winter' and 'Bridge of Frost' (which freeze the liquid and have non-momentary durations) - but that was still a bit ambiguous. I settled on diameter (clearly long enough for someone to breathe it in) to be on the safe side, but I think you could argue the case for a momentary spell.