The Roman tribunal

"I would like to offer a space to one of my sept members though they likely would not join as, already, I am far enough from most of their locations that I should perhaps not consider myself a part of the sept anymore and some of them are already citizens though some are merely guests." [I am making a vague assumption that keeps it open for Silveroak's choice on the status of my sept mates']

"I know nothing of the ways of septs, but any friends of yours are welcome. What do you think of the three Tremere? I think Mercator would be a good choice for the covenant."

Does Archimedes have any former fellow apprentices that he knows are errant right now? He will reach out, if so.

"I rather liked Lepus, she was definitely rougher around the edges but her skills may be more useful when we begin exploring Ifriqiya."

Taliha contacts her sept while in Venice asking if any of them would like one of the spaces that will be available at Felix Collis.

[So you don't have to go back and read her background I named two, my parens Raynardo Vulpe (fox), Sparviero (hawk heartbeast), and an unnamed one who has a cat as a heartbeast. There might be an apprentice who came up shortly after her but I didn't specify anyone else in the sept. All would be House Arelie, of course.]

"A scout might be useful then, but that's at least a decade off... I think it would be better to have someone good at dealing with the mundanes, it's come up before and may again."

"Fair enough, I will defer to your preference."

"So you prefer Mercator?"

"Without offense to or criticism of Specros or Lepus, our covenant has need of someone adept at friendly dealings with mundane neighbors and authorities. We appreciate the friendship of House Tremere and your aid in our recognition."

"There is no cause for offense." He nods and Mercator goes to get her bundle of personal effects.

XP:10
2 confidence to Archimedes, one to Taliyah.

On the way back, Archimedes will ask Mercator if she is knowledgeable in property law, or if not, can she find someone who is that can be hired by the new covenant. He will explain the situation with the land grant and also the nearby spot that also has a magic aura, that he'd like the covenant to acquire.

"I'm not familiar with the details of Sicillian law on the matter, though my understanding is that at the moment Phillip the something or other of Germany is warring with the pope over rulership of Sicily and I doubt either side will notice if we simply grab another acre or two."

Archimedes sighs and looks uncomfortable.

"I suppose you're right. I just worry that something will come up 10 or 20 years down the road and we'll be in a bad situation that we may have been able to avoid."

"Depending on who wins we may have the same trouble in 10 to 20 years even if we do nothing."

"A good point. And at least, we can see what's buried there to know whether it's worthwhile."