The Roman tribunal

"We are sympathetic to the plight of magi-errant; our charter is structured to allow new full members up to the reasonable capacity that will allow all to have enough space, at least a few more for now; and of course when expansion starts our capacity for members will expand as well."

" Of course, but what about guests? How many labs do you expect to be leasing?"

"The answer is defined by space and by the numbers of those who wish to join. We have not completed building, so the space available is still indeterminate, but suppose we had space for 5, we would accept 5 as members, provisional to begin with. Whatever sancta remained empty, would be leased out."

" So you are saying you plan to fill all available space with members and then lease what is left?"

Archimedes nods. "I think it would be unjust of us to ask the tribunal for recognition and not accept as many magi errant as wished to join that we had space for."

" It seems you would be giving up a lot of income in potential leases."

"Perhaps we are naive in wishing to open our doors, but the covenant will be sustainable without rental income, especially when expansion begins."

There is a rising sound of murmuring in the room for a short while then the director of the event asks "No further questions?" before dismising you from the dias. Immediately you are approached by Gerald de Tremere. "This sounds like an interesting covenant you propose, with lots of room for magi. I can promise you a block of votes if you are willing to set aside one member position, full member with voting rights, for a Tremere magus. I'll even present three for you to pick from. What do you say?"

Archimedes looks to Taliha. "I am amenable, what do you think?"

“That seems acceptable.” Taliha says, “I would prefer a fairly young magus, all else being equal.”

"Shall we meet here in Venice after the tribunal?"

Archimedes nods. "Sounds good, where shall we meet you?"

"I believe the Golden arms inn would be a solid choice. We will house the young magi there and you can have your pick."

"We'll see you there."

FYI it was asked earlier- the tribunal meeting is at Harco.
Meanwhile in another section of the tribunal meeting:
the trial of Luctatio: The question comes for vote before the membership whether Luctatio's recognition as a covenant should be revoked. The fact are that 4 of the 6 members were marched in 1195. all of those members have since been replaced by magi who made significant contributions to hunting those 4. Some feel this is too sudden a change to the composition of a covenant and that their recognition should be revoked and they should then reapply for recognized covenant status. It has been rued that members of the covenant at this time are considered citizens of the tribunal and may vote on this issue. is there anyone who would like to make a statement before the tribunal votes on this matter? (amongst various long winded NPC speeches one way or the other and several which are unclear which way they are arguing, or whether they are actually pitching something else as magi who do not have citizenship.

Bran, not knowing much of the Roman Tribunal's peripheral code, keeps his mouth shut as he listens to the arguments.

The vote to recognize Felix Collis comes in at 5 votes over the majority. The vote to retain Luctatio as a covenant comes in at 2 votes over the majority the vote to reconsider Luctatio's covenant status in 7 years passes overwhelmingly.
Redcaps will be sent to Felix Collis to document the members for citizenship and recognized resources. Other issues remain for vote at the tribunal, however membership begins effective at the end of the tribunal, but of course there are also markets where magi engage in various forms of exchange.

Taliha, excited about their winning recognition, turns to Archimedes, “Should we begin recruiting now? Have you met anyone we should extend the offer to? How many labs do we currently have space for and can afford to equip?”

Archimedes is equally excited, he seems to engage more fully with the process of actually planning the buildings than he has up until now (as if he was not getting his hopes up before). He sketches the hill and the current buildings on a piece of parchment, trying to work out the answer to the question.

"At least 4 or 5 more. But I think they will come to us seeking out spots, and that is a better position to be in. Though if you have any allies or friends, it would be good to get them on board."

Did the Sicilian covenant get recognized?

[Artes Liberales roll is 9 for architecture, if there is a "right" answer. As basically a big villa enclosing the hill as a pristine garden]

The Sicilian covenant did not seek recognition, preferring instead to hide in anonymity and contract as a chapter house for citizenship.
A week after the tribunal the Tremere have three candidates for you to choose from who are at the Golden Arms Inn in Venice- Specros, a young male leadworker, Lepus, a young girl trained as a scout, and Mercator - a young woman trained as an assessor.