The Troglodytae (Summer 1247)

"I have more inquiries to make about others joining us, and preparations of my own, I think 2 weeks should be sufficient."

1 Like

Semsuhfaw nods (snakes can nod? Who knew?) before he returns to Guiverna and winds his way up and around her body. He says something to her in that sibilant secret language of theirs. She replies, he says something else, she says something that sounds like a question, which he apparently answers, her hand absently stroking his head the whole time.

Guiverna and Semsuhfaw head to the crafts-men's quarter of the covenant in search of (preferably) a goldsmith; if we don't have one, someone who can make something of gold in short order.

What she's looking for (with Semsuhfaw's guidance) is a gold amulet, with the image of a falcon with a moon disc on its head, strung on a gold necklace. And it needs to be made as soon as possible.

1 Like

That seems reasonable. So be it!

Fluer approaches Honorius next. "I am planning on exploring a cave system in the mountains for information on lost magical practices, if you might be interested in joining me, I could certainly use your expertise in that environment."

1 Like

All right. I designed a grog to help on this expedition - where should I post him?

Short resume:
Name is Vallito, originally from Ibiza, travels a lot, field cutter, rescue operations in mountains and caves

1 Like

Post him here

Okay, I feel stupid now. Who is Honorius?

Hmm... I could swear I saw a page for Honarius describing his virtues associated with mountainous terrain...
apparently I had names turned around and meant Marcellus Of Verditius, Honorius was his pater...

1 Like

Marcellus is curious, "When are you planning this exploration? Are these the caves of Xagyg? Anyone else will be joining you for this exploration?"

(I'm not sure yet what Marcellus is doing in the summer of 1247, but he will probably join Fleur.)

"It would be Guiverna, you and myself, plus some unGifted assistants. As to the caves of Xagyg, I do not believe so, but it is possible they have names I am unaware of."

The young Verditius nods in understanding, "How far away are these caves from here, then? Just so I can plan my personal gear accordingly. When do you plan on leaving and how long an expedition would this be?"

To clarify, you guys are discussing two different caves. The Caverns of Entropy and the cave of Xagyg are nearby the Covenant Keep in Andorra. This is an extensive ever shifting network.

Fleur is exploring a cave she found on Ibiza, nearby her private Sanctum. It appears to have been utilized and/or inhabited by some ancient cave dwellers (hence the name Troglodytae).
But something strange has happened!
When previously explored, it contained crude stone works and paintings on the walls. In reparations for this expedition, grogs that have scouted the area report that the cave now looks like this...
(without the stairs and the low wall, those are modern additions to an authentic Roman shrine)

"It's in Ibzia, we will leave from my house (I assume nobody has a regio network entrance on Ibzia), and catch a boat to Ibzia. The entire journey should be about a day by my estimation, then the real exploration begins."

Vallito reports for duty, probably to Fleur. If her sanctum is in fact on Ibiza he may be a grog who is there often, and may even have been one of the grogs who discovered the changes to the cave.

1 Like

Works for me. The common languages would be the same: Arabic, Catalan, and Lingua Franca.
Maybe some Cartheginian if you are an old occult type

OOC I noticed that, but my character does not. Fleur just told Marcellus that she wanted to explore caves nearby in the mountains. So I am trying to get her to clarify things for Marcellus...

1 Like

So Roger and Faith Forest would be the next she would approach... these are grogs so I don't think we need to hunt down players for them. Carlos will be approached...

"Carlos, are you going to be busy this summer?"

Oh, why do you want this old lecher slowing you down? What are you doing, cave exploring? Examining architecture? I heard there is some sort of mystery.

Fleur traces her finger down Carlos' arm "Because I expect to set up a lab in the cave if things go well, and will be away from Andorra for a while, and my team could really use an old lecher. And I hear you are quite skilled at other adventuring abilities as well, should they be required." She then blinks twice and asks "When you say old lecher, do you mean that literally, because we can discuss techniques."

note: the term lecher literally means a man who becomes aroused by performing orally on a woman (that is the least graphic way I can think of to say this), and was considered an insult because it meant the man was submitting to or being subservient to a woman. Fun facts.

yeah, but Carlos is literally speaking in Catalan or Vulgar Latin, not Middle English. And I have never heard that definition until now. So go with the common modern meaning. He is a dirty old man that is just charming enough to be given a pass by the "me too" movement (if they do not go digging into his past at Novus Mane).