The Ultimate Wizard Aging and Twilight Simulation

On the other hand once you hit magic theory 20 breakthroughs should come pretty easily...

Regardless of die rolls or anything else, a Breakthrough only happens with GM agreement. I suppose this is true of anything in an RPG, except the rules for Breakthroughs make this explicit, above and beyond the usual.

It perfectly, totally fair for a GM to let characters accumulate Warping Points and other nasty effects and completely waste their time searching for Breakthroughs that are never realized.

No "should" here.

If you are allowed to add others MT to your own in a lab (see apprentice and vis thread) then at some point leadership will give you the most bang for your buck in terms of ability to get older.Assuming skills of 16 (because someone has to write Level 8 books) that gives you 17 magi with MT16, plus their 17 familiars with MT 16, everone also has faerie magic at 16, gives you 2176 vis you can use. Which means at age 21,760 you are looking at some real problems coming your way...

I believe it's 1 pawn every 5 years, but Serf's Parma.

However, along with such a gathering, there's the question of whether such a ritual would make arcane connections between the vis sources and your magus, as you're incorporating the vis into your form. (I'd very much say that's a troupe/SG call, but that's a lot of very powerful people to get to agree to work with you in the lab to benefit you.) But, it would all provide a very large bonus to the final result. :slight_smile:

-Ben.

I'm getting an 'out of scope' error on my saga parser.

2 Likes

Replies like this make me wish I had a +1 option here. :smiley:

-Ben.

2 Likes

correction: real problems when you reach age 10,880

You'll still live long enough for questions of how medical technology interact with magic to become an issue... can I clone myself and transfer my soul to the new body and start over at age 2,000?

1 Like

This may be a house rule. The RAW is that to combine vis totals for Faerie Magic and Magic Theory it must be all Faerie vis.

Since magi aren't aligned with the faerie realm, unless they've initiated Faerie Magic or have some faerie derived virtue, should they received flaws at Warping scores of 1 and 3, a virtue at 5, and major flaws at 6 and each score thereafter?

Not a house rule but a matter of me not remembering that it all has to be Faerie vis. Finding all that vis is still easier than getting to 20 MT.

And I'd say they're aligned to the Magic and Faerie, because they don't have to use all Faerie vis, but can.

-Ben.

Sure, Dama is. But what about others who aren't faerie aligned who might want her to do a LR? Unless such clients have some faerie virtues or flaws they aren't faerie aligned.

But all your other points, I agree with, Faerie Magic 10 and Magic Theory 10 is a lot easier than Magic Theory 20. About half as easy when measured agains the yardstick of experience points... :smiley:

No. All Warping Points goes to a single Warping Score, and individuals only undergo one type of Warping. The default is the Virtue/Flaw thing. Hermetic magi undergo Twilight instead of, not in addition to, the default.