To my GTA sodales...

So I was browsing for Ars Magica stuff recently and opened my core rulebook again, and smiled at all the signatures on my inside front cover from the attendees of GTA 2011. It was a great time and a lot of fun was had by all. It was my second GTA and I thought, "Hey, time is coming around again and it's been a while, but I'm back in central Cali. When is it this year?" Only to find that there hasn't been a USA convention since 2013.

What happened?

I'd love for this to occur again. Just because it hasn't in a long time doesn't mean it can't be revived. But any discussion of that would have to include the difficulties of the past, so I invite anyone who helped organize, fund, and/or prepare for the previous GTAs to talk about it here with me/us.

Sodales, Ars Magica is still my favorite game. I have never played an RPG that has the depth, characterization, and imagination that Ars provides. I have never attended another convention, but I did GTA when I could because it was that amazing. I don't want to lose that opportunity, for myself or for others.

So, let's talk.

I am definitely open to trying to get another GTA going, probably for 2018.

Anyone else?

-- Eric Vesbit

I'm open to joining you in 2018. I have relatives in NorCal and can plan to attend GTA as a part of a family vacation.