[size=150]Tomas ex Merinita[/size]

Characteristics: Int +3, Per +1, Pre +1*, Com 0, Str 0, Sta +1, Dex 0, Qik ‑1
Size: 0
Age: 28 (28), Height: 5'10'', Weight: 165 lbs, Gender: Male
Decrepitude: 0
Warping Score: 0 (0)
Confidence: 1 (3)
Virtues:
The Gift, Hermetic Magus, Second Sight, Puissant with Imaginem, Puissant with Mentem, Quiet Magic (Spellcasting Penalty: None for soft voice, ‑5 if not speaking), Subtle Magic, Flawless Magic (Spell Mastery Experience: Doubled), Book Learner (Book Quality: +3), Faerie Magic*,

Flaws:
Faerie Upbringing, Optimistic, Plagued by Supernatural Entity (Lord of the Grey Tower), Twilight Prone, Weird Magic (Botches on Stressed Casting: Extra botch die), Ability Block - (Folk Ken, Charm, Leadership Church Lore, Theology)

Combat:
Dodge: Init: ‑1, Attack ‑‑, Defense ‑1, Damage ‑‑
Fist: Init: ‑1, Attack +0, Defense ‑1, Damage +0
Kick: Init: ‑2, Attack +0, Defense ‑2, Damage +3
Soak: +1
Fatigue levels: OK, 0, ‑1, ‑3, ‑5, Unconscious
Wound Penalties: ‑1 (1‑5), ‑3 (6‑10), ‑5 (11‑15), Incapacitated (16‑20), Dead (21+)
Abilities
[tableborder][tr][th]Skill[/th][th]level[/th][th]specialtiy[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]English[/td][td]5[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Second Sight[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Fairy Magic[/td][td]2[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Faerie Lore[/td][td]2[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Bargain[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Etiquette[/td][td]1[/td][td]faeries[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Guile[/td][td]2[/td][td]elaborate lies[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Stealth[/td][td]1[/td][td]hide[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Latin[/td][td]4[/td][td]Hermetic usage[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Artes Liberales[/td][td]1[/td][td]cermonial magic[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Philosophiae[/td][td]1[/td][td]cermonial magic[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]House Merinita Lore[/td][td]2[/td][td]initiating self[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Magic Theory[/td][td]4[/td][td]Imaginem[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Parma Magica[/td][td]2[/td][td]Mentem[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Finesse[/td][td]2[/td][td]Illusions[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Awareness[/td][td]2[/td][td]alertness[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Order of Hermes Lore[/td][td]1[/td][td]personalities[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Survival[/td][td]1[/td][td]forests[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Code of Hermes[/td][td]1[/td][td]Fairies[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Magic Lore[/td][td]1[/td][td]regiones[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Concentration[/td][td]2[/td][td]spell concentration[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Scribe[/td][td]3[/td][td]copying[/td][/tr][/tableborder]

Arts: Cr 5, In 2, Mu 5, Pe 2, Re 2, An 0, Aq 0, Au 0, Co 4, He 0 , Ig 1, Im 9+3(3), Me 6+3, Te 0, Vi 4

Equipment:
Encumbrance: 0 (0)
Spells Known:
[tableborder][tr][th]Spell[/th][th]casting score[/th][th]Mastery[/th][th]Mastery level[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]The Clandestine Mask (MuIm 4)[/td][td]+18[/td][td]quiet casting[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Aura of Beguiling Appearance (MuIm 10)[/td][td]+18[/td][td]quiet casting[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Aura of Childlike Innocence (MuIm 10)[/td][td]+18[/td][td]quiet casting[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Hiding in the Crowd (PeIm 10)[/td][td]+15[/td][td]quiet casting[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Illusion of the Shifted Image (ReIm 10)[/td][td]+15[/td][td]quiet casting[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Phantasmal Animal (CrIm 20)[/td][td]+18[/td][td]quiet casting[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Veil of Invisibility (PeIm 20)[/td][td]+15[/td][td]quiet casting[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]The Call to Slumber (ReMe 10)[/td][td]+15[/td][td]quiet casting[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Recollection of Memories Never Quite Lived (MuMe 4)[/td][td]+15[/td][td]quiet casting[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Sight of the Transparent Motive (InMe 10)[/td][td]+12[/td][td]quiet casting[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Trust of Childlike Faith (PeMe 10)[/td][td]+12[/td][td]quiet casting[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dispel the Phantom Image (PeIm 10)[/td][td]+15[/td][td]quiet casting[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][/tableborder]

Working copy at gauntlet.

[size=150]Tomas[/size]
Characteristics: Int +3, Per +1, Pre +1*, Com 0, Str 0, Sta +1, Dex 0, Qik ‑1

Virtues:
Free
The Gift
Hermetic Magus
Faerie Magic

Second Sight
Puissant with Imaginem
Puissant with Mentem

Quiet Magic (Spellcasting Penalty: None for soft voice, ‑5 if not speaking)
Subtle Magic
Flawless Magic (Spell Mastery Experience: Doubled)
Book Learner (Book Quality: +3)
Fairy blood Sidhe + 1 Pre

Flaws:
Faerie Upbringing
Optimistic
Plagued by Supernatural Entity (Lord of the Green Marches)
Twilight Prone
Weird Magic (Botches on Stressed Casting: Extra botch die)
Ability Block - (Folk Ken, Charm, Leadership Church Lore, Theology)

Abilities:

Early childhood(45)
English 5
Faerie Lore 2 (15)
Bargain 1 (5)
Etiquette 1 (faeries) (5)
Guile 2 (elaborate lies)(15)
Stealth 1 (hide)(5)

[u]Late Childhood/u
Awareness 2 (alertness)(15)
Survival 2 (forests) (15)
Concentration 2 (copying) (15)
Scribe 3 (copying)(30)

[u]Apprentice/u
Second Sight 1
Latin 4 (Hermetic usage) (50)
Artes Liberales 1 (cermonial magic) (5)
Philosophiae 1 (ceremonial magic) (5)
House Merinita Lore 1 (initiating self)(5)
Magic Theory 3 (Imaginem) (30)
Parma Magica 1 (Mentem)(5)
Finesse 2 (Illusions) (15)
Order of Hermes Lore 1 (personalities) (5)
Code of Hermes 1 (Fairies)(5)
Magic Lore 1 (regiones) (5)

(98)
Arts: Cr 5(15), In 2(3), Mu 5(15), Pe 2(3), Re 2(3), An 0, Aq 0, Au 0, Co 3(6), He 0 , Ig 1(1), Im 7+3(28), Me 5+3(15), Te 0, Vi 4(10)

Spells Known: 128 levels
The Clandestine Mask (MuIm 4) +17, Mastery 1 (quiet casting)
Aura of Beguiling Appearance (MuIm 10) +17, Mastery 1 (quiet casting)
Aura of Childlike Innocence (MuIm 10) +17, Mastery 1 (quiet casting)
Hiding in the Crowd (PeIm 10) +14, Mastery 1 (quiet casting)
Illusion of the Shifted Image (ReIm 10) +12, Mastery 1 (quiet casting)
Phantasmal Animal (CrIm 20) +17, Mastery 1 (quiet casting)
Veil of Invisibility (PeIm 20) +14, Mastery 1 (quiet casting)
The Call to Slumber (ReMe 10) +12, Mastery 1 (quiet casting)
Recollection of Memories Never Quite Lived (MuMe 4) +15, Mastery 1 (quiet casting)
Sight of the Transparent Motive (InMe 10) +12, Mastery 1 (quiet casting)
Trust of Childlike Faith (PeMe 10) +12, Mastery 1 (quiet casting)
Dispel the Phantom Image (PeIm 10) +14, Mastery 1 (quiet casting)

Tomas' background is unknown other than he was found working as a scribe in the court of a Fairy Lord by a magus of House Merinita. Tactius ( the magus), won the boy's freedom in a game of chance with the Fairies. The Lord feels he was cheated and has not stopped in trying to recover Tomas while others in the Lord's court try to help the boy escape or harm him. Of course Tactius would not have risked anything for the boy unless he was Gifted. Tomas soon entered the world of the Hermetic Magus. Serious adjustment need to be made due to his total lack of social skills with Humans. The boy had no name with the Fairies so Tactius had to name him. He kept the name post-gauntlet as he did not understand why he would need to change it now that he had one.

Ability block is a wider flaw than just one skill. It is more like Martial abilities, logic etc. So may be General social skills may be a reasonable group?

Yes. There is a list I will be using from RoP:F.

We aren't using the RoP books afaik, which means no sympathy traits if you wanted Faerie Blood to increase your rank. Sad face.

Understood but I was just using the list they had when they updated Ability Block for Fairy Upbringing.

Deleted

wow. Should I cry and throw a tantrum because someone found a flaw in my character or should I just correct the flaw. Let me think about that one for a while.

Look guys, I for one am here to have fun with like minded people who want to experience Mythic Europe via the Ars Magica system. Let's keep it civil and move on, otherwise this experience is going to be much less enjoyable.

Can one learn Profession (Scribe) before learning to write (Artes Liberales)? I guess copying text could be considered just copying pictures that happen to be letters.

I agree with the "copying as pictures" approach you suggest. Character creation is a bit mechanical and if you need the arts liberales (Academic skill) before PS scribe (General skill) then people would have to take one of the virtues for academic skills giving an increase in XP but making everyone look very similar.

Fun historical fact: Most scribes in monasteries were copying manuscripts without having learned to read them. Hence why scribbing and reading are separate things.

And the rules for copy errors. They're notorious for making errors.

Ok. Jebrick, please advance the 2 years when you have time, and then Tomas is set.

Season 1 improvement
20 Im = 9(3)+3
10 Parma = 2
10 fairy magic = 2

Season 2
House Merinita Lore 10 = 2
Magic Theory 20 = 4
Me 6 = 6+3
Co 4 = Co 4

Sensus atque Sensibile by Tactius ex Merinita Imaginem Summae lvl 18 Q 10 - A large rough bound book filled with the ramblings of Tactius ex Merinita. Considered one of the great casters of illusions of his time and also to be quite unhinged from his dealings with the Fae. Given to Tomas as a gift from his pater.

Linguas Avium by Faustinus ex Merinita magus- lvl 5 Q:7 summae Fairy magic - A well bound book breaking down the theory of Fairy magic.

This adds up to 50 bp, no? Should be 60 ...