Translation options for GROG?

Joeyeti:
If you play in Slovakia and want genus names to characters I have a good book and I can help you to find some. PM me if interested.

Birbin:
it is not in the stage of playing yet :wink: cause first we wanna translate some of the contents for ourselves and our fellow friends who cant speak english so well...

But if future demands so... I shall turn yourwards! :smiley:

Joe

Well, technically, it WOULD be, as French is a Romance language, and therefore derived from Latin...

...but that would just be me being "Pestis Molestum."
:laughing:

Yes, and no... Even if beneficial in terms of linguistic science, I'd be weary of applying it to all words - and if the specific word in question isn't a French word derived Latin then its roots are more compounded than that. Just as knowing an Indo-European languages doesn't make you able to comprehensively understand speakers of another.

Oh, I'm PAINFULLY aware of that, considering I'm a linguistics major and Classical Latin is my second language (with German being my third).

I get lost listening to Hispanic folk speaking Spanish (as I never took up Spanish), and Spanish is as blatantly Latin-based as they come.

I didn't mean to offend if I did so...I was "playfully being a pain."

Nor did you :slight_smile: