Tribunal at Acre 1204

She laughed and shook his hand back, which for many mages considered such contact off-putting but she didnt seem to mind "Oh i know you have a love of books Timaeus, but you do imagine most of the books they could possibly trade will not be in Latin." she gave him something of a knowing smile "They will probably be in one of the local languages, which might limit the interest you might get out of them. You may be able to find your way onto the delegation, its certainly something that may happen. One of the other Magi I have spoken to, has very clearly made motions that they do not hope for a peace...runs along religious lines as you can well guess." She let out a sigh to that "But It would be nice for us, and well for me especially at a lowered level of hostilities...though I have my doubts when it comes to individuals...we can hope for the best."

A mischievous smile creeps up Timaeus' face "Al salaam aleykum" he says in a not perfect Arabic, but better than some others. "My skill isn't up to par to understand the books just yet, but am definitely getting there."

she smiled broadly at him "it's a very promising start, once you get it leaning to write in it will be even more interesting, elegant and beautiful. I'm uncertain who is in control off the delegation, but it seems sponsorship is the name of the game. I'll at least be able to put on a good face, and provide, protection, and well understand both sides. Have you had something to eat yet, done eager to drink?"

He tapped his foot on the ground "Well, if you agree to teach me, I will gift you this enchanted quill I have devised. It lets you dictate your words, and the ink will just write it on the vellum." Oh food, he'd nearly forgotten about that, ooh, and a glass of mead to wash it down. "My, yes, let's go eat and drink, and then I'll go look for Zendarus."

"I would certainly consider that trade, it wood be rather nice to sit back with my familiar and let all the writing be done. Let ur get a drink, and see who might get you on this...delegation."

Timaeus will load his plate, more than what most people his size would eat, but despite his big appetite, he didn't seem to gain much weight. He still scanned the floor for Zendarus. A Redcap who promises a trade, is always there to deliver...

You spot Zendarus at the dining hall, staring into his plate of food like his thoughts are a hundred miles away- in the figurative sense, as opposed to the appearance of a magus who is scrying distant venues.

"Ha, there he is!" And he points to Zendarus, giving a bow to Nili he says "Let me introduce you two, and I can conclude my transaction with him as well" And without waiting for an answer, he makes a bee line to him, his plate still mostly stuffed.

Zendarus snaps to reality as you sit down and casts a furtive glance at Nili.

Cheerful as always Timaeus starts the conversation "Ha, my dear Magus Zendarus, why the long face?! I have with me the book you've asked for, in good condition!" And he takes it out of his pack, strapped to his back, and starts unwrapping it. "Here, see for yourself!"

Before you finish unwraping it he places a red twisted looking claw on the table. "Here is the vis, I will unwrap it later, I'd rather trust to your expertise in protecting books."

(I assume this was the agreed-upon price)
"Have your way, I will note the payment." As he takes the claw, he will wait for Zendarus to leave before turning to Nili "I don't suppose you could do me a favor, and make sure this is actually vis, and what vis it is, right?! I really should buckle down and research such spells myself, am awfully not good with on-the-fly spells." He seems a bit embarrassed to ask.

She laughed softly at the request and shook her head "You might be asking the wrong person dear, I my skills are quite simple, if a person needs killing, a jinn needs smashing, a castle needs to fall apart, I am your girl. Otherwise you are going to find my inquisitorial magical qualities quite lacking."

Timaeus will simply shrug "It was worth a shot." He starts digging into his plate, and when he finishes he wipes his mouth, and asks "You know it's traditional to have some books to exchange here? Do you perhaps have something you wrote?"

She laughed a little more at that and shook her head "I hate to be a raging disappointment, but no im not much of a writer either, I spent my youth learning the peripheral code, the many ways to interpret the code and how to break wizards and castles under the grasp of my hand. I can write....i guess decent, but ive often kept to more of an oral tradition, prose, storytelling and the like."

A look of concern crosses his face briefly "Ahhh... but while oral traditions are great and all, having things written, makes sure that future generations can enjoy them long after. You know, we should take some time to write down your stories and tradition."

Word spreads through the dining hall that a new motion has been proposed to set up a council that must approve any deal with the Order of Seuleman, which will be spread through multiple covenants. Discussion is starting in the audience chamber.

As soon as the news reach them, Timmaeus jumps off his chair "Let's see who will be appointed to this council. We should see who the nominees are, and who can be nominated to it."

"Yes let's see exactly how this is going to pan out...I'm rather curious." she followed along with a look of amusement

The issue before the council at this point, you discover as you arrive, is not who should be on such a confirmation council but whether there should be one. Alternatives which have been floated in the discussion is to simply empower the Praeco to accept or reject any proposed treaties, calling an intermediate tribunal when a treaty is offered, or waiting for another tribunal to confirm any treaties proposed.