Troupe-style PbP Saga?

Would there be anyone interested in starting a new troupe-style ArM5 saga here on the Atlas boards?

I've noticed that there seemed to be much fewer games running here on the Atlas boards than there were a few years ago. Even those that are still active are running quite slow.

I am already the SG for one of these saga, so I'm not looking to be the Alpha storyguide for another saga. That being said, I'd certainly be willing to be a Beta SG (and take care of most of the logistics) for a new saga if we could come up with a group of players willing to share the burden of running stories.

Anyone interested?

I think most ppl recruit from the discord server?

Sure, it makes sense to recruit on Discord... if you want to play on Discord. I don't.

I tried following the posts on Discord when the Atlas boards were down. Gave up after a while. I don't like the Discord format, which is why I was very happy when the boards came back.

I would be interested in potentially joining a troupe game, and taking a turn as SG but I have enough going on with current games that I would not want to be primary.

I'd be potentially up for it, depending on how my fall games line up and whether I'm primary storyteller for my group or not.

I am new to Ars Magica but I'd like to join the game and learn the system if that is still possible. I am currently reading the core book (nearly done with it) but I'd like to learn the rules before I jump on to the SG role.

Many thanks,
Lyroch

Welcome to the forum and to Ars Magics, Lyroch.

I'm not sure our game would be the best place to learn the game, as it requires each of the players to create and run stories for the others. The magi are also built with a few years of experienced after Gauntlet, which makes them harder to create. Finally, the slow pace makes it a bit more difficult to dive into it.

All that said, I can put your candidacy before the troup and see what they say.

@Lyroch , if you are still interested, the troupe is willing to welcome you as a player.

Note that in order to be able to post in a saga forum, you need to become a member of the pbp_player group. You can do that here.

Once that's done, introduce yourself in the Table Talk topic.

Cheers!

Hi Arthur,
Yes, I think it may be a bit complex. I am learning to create characters (a companion) and reading chapter 11. It looks like the game requires more advanced knowlegde.
I wouldn't want to slow the game down either, so perhaps I will forget about it for now and try to look for a group made up with new players (it seems fair).
Many thanks for taking your time looking into this for me.
Best Regards,
Jordi

Actually, the advantage of the PbP format is that things can happen in parallel. So as you learn more about the game and start exploring how to build your character, you could follow what is going on in the saga.

In the same way, we could answer your questions and help you target the more useful parts of the rules while at the same time continuing with our stories. The saga was built in such a way that it can welcome new magi at pretty much any time, with a variety of experience levels.

Trying to join a group made up mostly of new player is hard (they are few and far in between) and has some drawbacks, since the other players won't have a good understanding of the rules either and won't know which pitfalls to avoid.

But if you want to go that way, that is fine. And your decision doesn't need to be final. Just give us a shout if you change your mind! :slight_smile: