War in the Roses (spring 1237)

Phelippe has only 3 seasons backed up for training, but can probably get in a group lesson in that time.

Epona is Fleur's primary bodyguard, and I know she did at least one season of training learning to handle a sword before Donna made her the sword-knife. I'm thinking Fleur might hold the flowers if we can get her a sufficient group of guards that the beast won't get through, and let the hunter/soldiers attack the flank.

BTW, what does the group training do?

Aside from the training in whatever martial skill you are training in, it allows the group to fight as a cohesive unit and gives a bonus to the group roll up to the leadershipx3 of the commander.

Well, assuming there was a group class sometime in the last seven years, Petrus could certainly have taken it.

Epona trained in single weapon in Autumn 1235, so anyone else who trained then she can form a group with. She has also only been advanced through spring 1236, so she has a few seasons she could have trained if assigned. I feel like we really need a grog training schedule (at least for what teacher is available when and class size) to help figure these things out... but I digress.

((I will create a training schedual tht includes boot camp and general drills every Spring and Fall, Fausto teaching weapons class in Summer and maybe one other special class in something.
I also have updadted combat stats for some grogs and the group stats for Roberto's group. Will post Sunday :slight_smile: ))

Sorry I am late with this.

Combat Stats for Roberto and his Squad

Roberto: Init +3, Atk +15, Def +13, Dmg +11; Soak +8, Enc 0
Carlos: Init +3, Atk +13, Def +11, Dmg +6, Soak +3, Enc 1
Allen: Init +1, Atk +12, Def +11, Dmg +9; Soak +8, Enc 0
Albert: Init +3, Atk +12, Def +11, Dmg +7; Soak +5, Enc 0

Roberto as Leader: Bonus of +12

Presume all are armed & augmented as follows:
Doublet of Impenetrable Silk, Aegis of Unbreakable Wood

Roberto: Longsword (Kindness), Large Shield, Partial Studded Leather; Load 5
Str +2, Sta +1, Dex +1, Quik +1, Single Weapon 6 (longsword), Leadership 3 (in combat), Bronze Cord 2
Carlos: Hererro Knife and Magic buckler, Silk Shirt; Load 2
Str -1, Sta 0, Dex +2, Quik +2, Single Weapon 5 (Short Sword), Leadership 2
Allen:Battle Axe, Large Round Magic Shield, Partial Chainmail, Load 8
, Str +3, Sta +1, Dex +1, Quik +0, Single Weapon 6, Leadership 4
Albert: : Spear, Magic Round Shield, Partial Studded Leather, Load 5
Str +2, Sta 0, Dex +3, Quik +1, Single Weapon 6, Leadership 4

Combat stats for Petrus:

Petrus: Init +3, Atk +16, Def +15, Dmg +10; Soak +10, Enc 0

Petrus:Toledo Longsword, Large Kite Shield, Full Chainmail (lightened), Load 4
Str +2, Sta +1, Dex +1, Quik +1, Single Weapon 6+2, Leadership 3 (in combat)

I think I have these right. But this is the first time I've ever used Petrus in a fight, and I made his stats up long, long ago when I knew a lot less about what I was doing.

With Acutus and Roberto's group on offensive and Fleur having Petrus and Epona to protect her, everyone lies down in the garden to sleep their way into the regio.

And awakens shortly net to the two flowers in bloom. Fleur stands next to them "Any last thoughts or plans before we get this party started?"

We'll have Phelippe there protecting Fleur too. Stats at present (and he's only got 1 season of relevant training missing, if he spends one being taught a language):

Phelippe: Init +1, Atk +14, Def +14, Dam +9; Soak 12, Enc 0

(Superior Longsword, Superior Heater Shield, Superior Mail Suit. Load 9. Str +3, Sta +2, Dex -1, Qik -1. Single Weapon 9+1, Leadership 2+1 (in combat).
Reserves of Strength; MR 10 via faith)

"If we are ready then." Fleur leans overand picks the two flowers, and within minutes the first beast shows.
"Remember, we only need to wound this one, it is the second beast that matters."
Roll Initiative.

Epona's stats for this melee:
Init:+1 attk:+10 Def:+13 Dmg:+7 soak +7

Petrus moves to stand between Fleur and the beast. "I stand ready to defend you, maga."

Initiative: 1D10+3 = [2]+3 = 5

Not an auspicious beginning.

This beast has an initiative (including roll) of 11.
Acutus, Roberto? Either of you going to get in the first shot?

(Acutus hasn't been advanced since Summer 1235, but he should be okay)

Acutus' initiative is a 9

Combat Stats:
Javelin (Thrown): Initiative +1, Attack +4, Defense +5, Damage +9 (+11), Range 10
Javelin (Melee): Initiative +3, Attack +7, Defense +6, Damage +9 (+11)
Soak (Leather Scale): +7 (+13)
Fatigue Levels: OK, 0, –1, –3, –5, Unconscious
Wound Penalties: –1 (1-5), –3 (6-10), –5 (11-15), Incapacitated (16-20), Dead (21+)

Active Spells - Already factored in above in parentheses:
Doublet of Impenetrable Silk (+3 Soak)
Form of the Phlegmatic Heartbeast (+2 Str)
Gift of the Bear’s Fortitude (+3 Soak)

I will make a roll when i get home latter. Need to hand write the code so i can type it in.

Roberto exclaims reflexively. "[color=red]
Pinche chingadarita muy rapido!"
(*"Friggng quick little bugger!")

Roberto is the leader and vanguard of this trained group, designated as Omega Team (of the Blue Marids).
As the intent is to wound this creature in order to get at the main monster, Roberto holds back a bit and saves his magic & Confidence for the main battle.
Initiative +3, die roll of 4, equals 7.
Rethinking spending Confidence...
Holding firm to the plan.
"[color=red]Omega Team! Desperta Ferras*! Stike!"
(*"Awake the Iron!")
Fleur is expedition leader on this one. Roberto is unsure what we are dealing with.

Phelippe also moves to interpose his enormous shield between the beast and Fleur.

Init +1 + [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4822759/]roll 9[/ulr] = 10.

"Viens, m'sr le bete. Gouter mon épée!"

(Come, beast. Taste my sword)

The beast has an effective attk of 15, Petrus has leadership for Fleurs group (adding 9 to defense), so anything other than a botch will protect Fleur.

I think we are hanging on something here?