We should write a monster concordance.

I know that we have am older index on Project Redcap, but is there a complete index of new monsters for people who come to the game and want to find drop in monsters?

The older index I'm thinking of is: Creature index - Project: Redcap

2 Likes

That is a convenient link, but only for people who have many books. Something with fan made enemies would be convenient too, especialy for a newer group who might only have core +2-3 other books, and maybe have a comment about what kind of opposition the creature in question will put up (a combat demon with might 20 would be too much for a starting group, but dropping the might to 10 will allow the magi to shine by whittling it down with spells while their shield grog try to withstand the morning star, whereas high might but squishy will let thebgrogs/vompanion be the starsnof the show etc).

Once the Open Content License is out, I'm interested to see how many of these are just loaded up in a document.

I agree: the PR link needs more detail to act as a central point for people wanting to drop in monsters. I'm asking here if anyone has already done the work. I don't want to start on it if someone has already got a spreadsheet out on the web somewhere.

2 Likes

Then the best that I can think of is the mundane beast conpendium by @Red-Shadow-Claws

2 Likes

Once the Open Content License is out, I'm interested to see how many of these are just loaded up in a document.

It would be really great if once the open license takes effect these (and other content!) would be collected in a database with a convenient web frontend for ease of access. PR would be a natural place to host something like that.

Is there a monster/creature/entity builder?

His name is Loki Sleipnirsfater.

6 Likes

Or Echidna. :smiling_imp:

I was wondering about a spreadsheet or app.

2 Likes