What attracts you to Ars Magica

This also describes RPG'ers pretty well, too.

+1 interpreting a mage in mithic europe is simillar to interpreting Sheldon in TBBT... :cry: feels like home
:laughing:

What I like:

-Covenants, with stats and rules on how to make them
-Very cool magic system with strong codification of "the rules", but with other systems and cool ideas on how to tinker with it
-simple die resolution mechanic
-virtues and flaws still reasonably unique compared to other systems
-The History/Mythology of the Order is cool
-"Mythic Europe" can be a surprisingly easy sell to people who don't want to learn a "whole new world"
-SGing can be modular in nature, the game need not revolve around one person forever.
-Strong narrative focus on telling stories rather than endless stuff on how to kill monsters with new powers. I mean, there's some of that, but it doesn't feel like the focus.

Not sure of:
-As Xavi has mentioned, the OoH doesn't exactly fit given the power of the characters straight out from the Core Rule book. I'm glad that the developers at least tried to take a stab at it in the book about Nobles.
-The Order as written isn't internally consistent in it's history. The # of Wizards, the size and scale of the Schism war, etc.

The only quibbles I have are minor,and in my own games I further detail the history of the Order and it's power dynamics a bit better to suit my tastes.