What child is this..?

Dermot stiffens after a moment of considering the words of Acacius and looks at him as if he's somewhat mad.

"Ex...what?" he then shakes his head. "No I'll not be going with ye. I just said I had to meet the Reeve at Christmas! Tessa here speaks some Latin, she can help ye out if you talk a bit slower maybe. She learned some Latin to make sure she chap Aggie's hide better! I learned mine from a knight who trained me, but not so well as ye. The men will know what to do, if they're to protect and serve ye."

He pauses a moment as he considers the rest. "Healin' magics? Aye that'll come in handy." as Tessa steps up he addresses her in Scottish.

"Aye Tessa, I'll make sure ye have some coin, and I'll leave the men to ye, I know they're not stupid enough to gainsay ye. Keep the wizard safe and let's find us a new home." he takes a pouch from his belt. "This should see ye through."

[color=blue]The pouch contains the equivalent of 6 pounds, which is enough to accomodate a Wizard and a half dozen grogs for a season of travel.

Aine indeed selects a second dagger and a small skean to hide under her skirts. She then starts looking at the suits of armor trying to figure them out and which one might protect her while still keeping her proper modesty and displaying the plaid.

She finally ends up with partial metal reinforced leather since the weight doesn't slow her down much and she can wear it over her tartan skirt.

Merry grumbles unhappily to himself, something about 'magic' and 'the english,' as he walks over to inspect the goods in the cart. Sifting through the different pieces of armor, Merry pulls out some full leather scale armor and a round sheild for himself. As he tries on the armor to see if it fits well, he motions for the other two to come over and grab some for themselves.

Tessa counts the money in the bag he hands her and nods her head, satisfied with the amount. "We'll also be takin' some of the horses and a cart." She stares now both at Acacius and Aggie, finally sighing. "You remember the good ol' days? When we just had to worry abou' some other clan stealin' in in the night and slittin' our throats?"

She walks over to the carts, selecting herself a sturdy mace, some usable daggers for throwing, and a light armor she can wear without it getting in the way. She wraps a kerchief around her head and ties it tightly so her hair is pulled back off her face. Lastly, she picks up a small bag used to hold sling stones and empties it out. She walks over to Aine and holds out the sling bag. "Hold this please." Tessa counts out a pound and half of coin into the sling bag. "Keep that safe," she asks Aine. "No sense in one person holdin' all the coin. With us travelin' about with this Ac'cius, we'll have to come up with something about why he's so odd, case we meet someone on the road. Tell me if you can think of anythin' good."

The boat is currently in the harbor, being unloaded by the stevedors from town, in the morning it will ship out again, already aware that it will be taking a small group with it across the channel. Dermot addresses the group.

"Alright, let there be no mistake! Tessa is in charge of the normal things on this trip, as if ye didn't already know that! Acacius is in charge of everything else! Don't be goin' tellin' people who ye're with, or where ye're goin'! Use some of the brains the good Lord blessed ye with! I don't want ye to be the first to draw steel, but if there's a fight ye make me proud! Understand!"

He turns to Acacius, Aggie and Tessa and speaks in Latin. "Magister Acacius, the wizards make people feel queer...I'm sure ye're aware of that. Let Tessa or one of the men do the talking when ye can. Tessa, I've talked to ye before about the land we're lookin' for, what we want. It ain't ours yet, I have to make me claim, but by good English Law, if we're already there that strengthens our case. Aggie...ye helped bring us here...now show some good sense and stay out of the way. Ye're about as subtle as a ruttin' bull!" Agitatus seems to have a rather proud expression on his face at that.

"Come the morn, ye'll find our new home..."

Merry makes sure he and the other two grogs are geared to go as they walk over to listen to Dermot's little speech. He looks around the group, seemily resigned to his strange travelling companion. When Dermot is finished Merry speaks up. "Uh... can any o' ye speak with the locals? I ken a word or twaine, but..." Merry shrugs to show he wouldn't be too useful.

Tessa speaks up. "I can speak a' bit. Not much, but a 'bit. Da let me go with him to market when he went to sell the horses and cattle."

Aine speaks up, [color=blue]"I don't speak the language of these lowlanders, only the proper speech of the clan?" She looks uncomforatable in her new armor and it isn't exactly fastened on right.

Merry rolls his eyes as he sees Aine fumble with her armor. Sighing, he speaks to Oisian and Boisil, gesturing towards Aine. "Go an' help the lass there afore she hurts herself."

Tessa fits a leather vest on and then a robe over that to hide the sight of woman waring armor. She walks up to Acacius, looking him over head to toe. She points at his shoes. "Shoes," she says in Gaelic, unsure of the Latin. She touches her own shoes and points to the boots the men ae wearing around them. "Shoes." she says a last time. "Good shoes? Right?" She rolls her eyes. "We're gonna have ta do somehin' about all this weird speech coming off eveyone's tongue."

Acacius looks like a big question mark and then look down upon his shoes. Not the most elegant but new and in good shape.[color=red] Yes they are very nice shoes… Acacius points at the shoes and then pronounces shoe clearly in Latin then moves on and points out other pieces of equipment on Tessa.

[color=red]Tessa, Acacius looks her in the eyes, [color=red]if I may I wish to use magic upon you so you can understand me better. If we need I can try to create wind. Acacius does the best he can to point and wave his arms about trying to clarify the message.

Tessa listens carefully and then holds up a hand, to signal that she understands what he's just said.

Latin roll + Int of 10
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1999618/

Tessa stares hard at Acacius for a moment. Then holds out her hand, pointing a skinny finger at Acacius chin. In Latin. "You." And she makes a sign of slitting her own throat. "Me. They." She gestures at Aggie and the clan, then again makes a sign of slit her throat. "You."

In Gaelic. "Understand? You piss on McArdry, McArdry will piss all over you."

Back to Latin. "Now." She takes his hand and puts it on the side of her head. "Open my ears."

Acacius realises he won’t be able to cast what he intended, to high magnitude. He begins to gesture and voice his incantations. He begins the incantation of Creo Mentem once the spell reaches it’s crescendo Acacius looks Tessa in her eyes and transfer a thought. The thought contains a says that Acacius will if Tessa not protest cast more spells to easier communicate with her and if she give him a lock of hair he can to that from a long distance. Everything is voluntary how ever. He also tries to convey the message that he can try out to summon wind if needed.

OOC: Acacius Creo Mentem total is really low but perhaps we are still in a magical aura (?). His Creo + Mentem + Stamina + gestures and voice – Cyclic magic = 3 + aura and perhaps a lucky dice, after all a total of 10 is needed for sending a thought that takes a moment.

[color=blue]Sorry there is no aura here, not even a divine one. My suggestion is to make bold gestures and a loud voice, if you're casting it spontaneously take extra time maybe.

Agitatus looks at you, enjoying the problems you're experiencing and gives a smirk. "Sorry laddie, Tessa said she'd serve me my own eggs if I cast a spell on her. Ye're on your own I'm afraid."

From back in town you can see that the ship's unloading is proceeding apace. From the docks though it looks like a young man is heading on the path towards you and will probably arrive shortly. You were told to expect one of the the Captain's servants to make arrangements and collect a down payment. The Captain is named Martin Avenbier.

Merry sighs as he listens to the language problem, muttering to himself, something about 'keeping one's nose in a dusty book is obviously an impractical activity.' A little exasperated, he speaks up in Scottish. "Can the boy," he gestures to Acacius, "talk anythin' other than magic speak?"

Aine studies the mage a moment before she looks at her clanmate [color=blue]"It doesn't appear so. A most impractical sort. I wonder why he is the one going?"

Tessa cocks an eyebrow at Aggie, catching a bit of what he said.

"The only spell you'll be puttin' on me is the one that gets my foot out of your arse. Dermot!!! Come get the ol' goon before I have to beat him into back into the pile of crap he crawled out of."

She turns back to Acacius, hands on her hips, a tight smile on her face. In Latin. "Think. In morning. Try other thing."

She turns back to the clan. "Well? Let's get stocks and supplies. We got things to do now. Let's move."

Aggie often chuckles at the antics of Tessa, and no doubt he is impressed by her courage and passion, but he has his limits. He turns to Dermot, his amused smile fading.

"Tessa does fine work keeping these rowdies in line." he says in Latin. "But I'm not one of them. She should learn better Latin, I said I'd not cast a spell on her, and I only allow so many taunts at my expense. My power is not nearly as limited as my patience. Remember that lad." He bows to all present and steps out of the circle, returning to the coach that he often stays in.

Dermot's eyebrows raise at this, he's never had to step between the two before in the short time he's taken charge of the clan as well as Aggie's arrival to it. He considers his words for a few moments.

"Tessa. Ye'd piss off a storm for gettin' your laundry wet. No one doubts yer courage, but for the sake of Jesu must ye insult the one that can kill us all with a few words? Alright, well he'll forget later once he's had his ale. Let's look alive, I believe yon boy be with the Captain."

The young man, perhaps 15, is steadily approaching. He's dressed warmly, obviously one used to the cold weather at sea during this time, and has a long dirk in his belt.

"Ho there." he calls to you. "I'm from Captain Martin, name's Andrew. Captain said to be ready before first light tomorrow, and that I'm to take a sample of coin from you. If you're ready you can bring your goods to the docks and the stevedors will load when they're ready." he scans the group, his eyes lingering on Acacius. They widen at first in surprise, and then narrow with distrust.

Tessa watches Aggie storm off and then listens to Dermot. She doesn't seem impressed by the danger Aggie presents. "So what did he say then?" When Dermot gives her the translation, her frown deepens and she sighs. "Damn me, he's in the right." She seems more concerned that she Aggie's feelings got hurt than anything.

She looks at Dermot. "Alright. Point taken. I'll watch my mouth." She glances at Acacius. "This one's different than Aggie, ain't he? He's... more likely to break, huh?" She considers a moment longer and then looks at Dermot. "I will give you my word...this arrangement you've worked out for us will not fail because of my mouth. Fair enough?"

She looks over at the boy and notes his reaction to Acacius. "Why don't you take our new friend mage for a draught? He might want for some civilized company. I'll handle this." She walks up to the boy, beinging to barrage him with questions about space on the boat and arrangements, and making sure the boy is distracted and turned away from Acacius.

Merry watches this all silently, and takes his lead from Tessa with dealing with the ship boy. He looks over the other fighting grogs in the group to make sure they are all sufficently outfitted. "Alright ye twine! Ye heard Tessa. Grab a some gear and start a moving down to the ship." He looks over to Aine. "Anything heavy ye be needing moved to the ship?"