What child is this..?

Oisian and Boisil heft their arms and turn to Merry and Tessa for their next move and hoist some gear to head down to the docks, but wait for approval.

Andrew takes the coin and bites on it, the silver holds up and he nods.

"This will do just fine. It's a short trip, we leave tomorrow morning, we'll make port the day after, maybe afternoon. You'll stay on deck, bring your own food. The Captain doesn't ask guests to help out, unless there's trouble, then you do what he says, period. Shouldn't be any trouble though. Bring your gear to the docks, be there early morn and we'll be on our way."

Aggie is sitting on the coach step drinking from a clay mug while scratching behind the ears of the little dog chewing on his boot.

Aine smiles. "No, I can manage the few tools I am bringing." She can easily manage a trowel, small hammer, chisel, carving knife and saw. The basics of the carpender and stone mason's craft. The fact that she has armor will make it a bit more unweildy but she can manage.

Acacius is embarrassed that his spell does not work he thinks to himself what was that boy saying and when can I find the time to cast some ceremonial spell. Perhaps I can get tat craftswoman to make some props for me. Acacius looks to anyone Tessa or Dermot, whoever is standing next to him. [color=red]What is going on…? What did that young boy want?

Dermot turns to Acacius. He can't hide the brief flare of distrust, even scorn that appears in his eyes. It's nothing you haven't seen before of course.

"The lad was from Captain Martin." he says in Latin, he then cocks his head. "I thought you were English?" he asks in English, his stress on the vowels in some of the wrong places. "If you do speak English, you might try using that on some of the men and Tessa, they might understand you a bit better. I want everyone in the Clan to start learning it, if this is to be our new home. If we're to have a neutral tongue, I'd have it be English."

"Do ye hear me!" he calls to the group. "Ye'll start learning and using English! Like I've been saying all along!"

Tessa looks quizzically as Dermot says the last bit but says nothing, remembering the promise she just made. She turns to the boy and speaks in English.

"We will come. We put our things on ship. We will sit there," and she points to an area near the stern that she hopes will provide some privacy, "so we are out of the way. Good for you?"

She switches to Gaelic. "Merry. Aine. Let's talk to Dermot and our new cousin." She heads back to the Mage and the Lord and speaks out of earshot of the boy. "Alright, we'll say Acacius is our cousin and he's ill. Got run over by a horse he was trying to break and can't get right. We're takin' him down stream to stay with kin. We'll keep him wrapped up in blankets and keep him outta the sight of these river rats. They find out he's grugrachan, and all the villages and every parish priest up and down the river will hear about it. Last thing we need.

"Unless anyone has a better story to use?"

"Merry, you and the brothers load us on board. Get us a space where we can be out of the way and in as little sight as possible. Try stacking things so we can make a place for Acacius to sit behind them.

"Aine, after you get your stuff on, can you help wrap up Acacius? Wrap him up in blankets, bandagaes, whatever.

"Dermot, can you tell Acacius all this? Tell him we'll try his..magic bit again later. Also we'll work on talkin' to each other with our mouths as God intended

Andrew smiles at the awkward speech he hears from Tessa, but seeing the arms she wears and the command she wields he says nothing.

"Alright, well, the Captain will put you where you're best out of the way, if that spot works, then that's fine. I'll see you at the ship then." he walks away, securing the pouch of coins and whistling a merry shanty as he goes.

Dermot shrugs his shoulders at Tessa's suggestions. "Aye it seems fine to me, I'll let him know. Perhaps he has his own story. Remember Tessa, ye're in charge of the normal, he is in charge of...anything else. And also remember, a few words from these...folk hold more power than 100 swords. I'll ask him to follow yer lead and let ye do the talking." Dermot waves Acacius over and speaks in his halting Latin.

"Magister? May I call ye that? Tessa wishes to hide ye. Say that yer sickly and hurt, keep ye away from the crew and such. I'll be having Boisil and Oisian protect ye. They love a good scrap, any that try to give ye problems will be pickin' their teeth off the floor. Do ye understand? If ye have another idea tell us."

"Boisil! Oisian! Come here!" The two louts come forward, holding armloads of gear. "Ye two are to protect the wizard. No one touches him, no one speaks ill around him. They swing at him, it falls on ye. Ye're to protect him like yer sister's virtue. Understand?" The two brothers look at each other and one looks about to speak. "I know ye don't have a sister ye great fool. But ye know what I mean. And he may have to cast a spell on ye to get through those thick skulls of yers." there's an audible gulp from both of them. "Alright, go load the ship. And remember, I don't want so much as a rain drop to fall on him!"

Merry nods to Tessa's command and picks up a barrel, leaving Oisian and Boisil to guard Acacius. He walks steadily down to the dock and gently puts the barrel down. Taking a moment to look over the ship they are about to board, he shakes his head and walks back up to the group and gear for another load. Merry will take load after load down to the dock until the pile is transferred from here to there, or until someone stops him.

The cold night passes somewhat uneventfully. Those that stay behind are excited, the season is Christmas, and their home is going to be found soon!

Those going on the trip set up a camp near the docks so they could easily board when the ship is ready to depart. Boisil and Oisian keep a vigil over Acacius, but report to Tessa midway through the night.

"Tessa!" Boisil whispers in a hushed and urgent tone. "The wizard! He sleeps fitfully, tossin' and turnin', and sayin' strange things...it frightened...me brother and he said I should tell you!" Oisian elbows him in the ribs.

"You were the one that was scared, you baby!" At the crowded camp it's easy to see the fitful form of Acacius as he tries to sleep.

Over and over he mumbles:

[color=red]Leo! Is rudo! Tamen qua est is?! Leo!

[color=blue]Make an Intelligence + Latin roll if you have Latin, stress, the difficulty is 6

invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2013118/

Tessa walks over quietly, making sure he's not about to choke himself on something. She listens quietly.

He twists and turns in the bedroll, clutching the cloth as he is assailed by whatever dream that is tormenting him. He doesn't look like he is likely to choke, but he keeps muttering in Latin:

[color=red]The Lion! It roars! But where is it?! The Lion!

Aine sighs and mutters, "I hope that he is not this way every nght or this is going to be a very sleepless journey?" She is not pleased to have her rest disturbed the ranting of a madman.

Merry wakes grumpily to all the racket going on in camp. He watches as Tessa goes over to him. "So ye goin' ta wake him so the rest o' us can get some sleep or what? He may have ta do nuthing but stand pretty, but some o' us have work in the morn."

Tessa waves Merry off and listens for a moment. If Acacius continues thrashing she'll gently shake him awake. Otherwise, she lets him drift off to sleep. She'll return to her place by the fire, considering his words. At her first opportunity, she'll ask Dermot or Aggie what exactly a lion is.

Acacius wakes up and sit up. He looks at a distant point muttering in Latin. That was a strange dream. His face has the expression that he wouldn’t remember his face if someone asked him. Then he lies down, trying to get some rest.

Boisil and Oisian were watching mutely (behind Tessa) the strange display the wizard was putting on. When he wakes up and looks around Oisian nudges Boisil and points to him. Boisil nods and nudges him back. The two continue to nudge each other with their elbows harder and harder until Boisil out and out cracks Oisian on the side of the head. Point taken, Oisian nods and taps Tessa on the shoulder.

"Hey...we gonna say somethin' about this or can we try to get some sleep?"

Tessa glances back at the Brothers. "Get some sleep if ya can. We have a long trip 'fore us." She lets Acacius go back to sleep.

She clutches her shawl tightly about her shoulders and makes a note to follow up with Dermot or Aggie about what exactly a lion is.[/i]

Merry watches everyone mutely for once, too sleepy to make much of an argument. When he sees others going back to bed, he rolls over and tries to fall back asleep.

Acacius's sleep seems to be calming down for now as he settles back in.

The rest of the night passes uneventfully. In the morning a cock in town crows announcing the dawn and the beginning of the journey. At the docks you can hear footsteps on the creaking ship and the wooden docks. The sailors begin working; securing riggings, sails, and barrels. Andrew walks down the docks and into your camp.

"Alright then, up with the sun and out into the blue! Up, up, up! We have a fine breakfast of pickled herring on board!" he says with a laugh as he sees the looks on some of the grogs's faces at that.

Acacius rise out of his bed and flexes his arms and back. Thinking him self that this was not what he had in mind when becoming a magus. He pick up his own gear and starts walking towards Tessa, best to follow her. Upon his equipment that he carries on his back there is a bagpipe and some drawing equipment. While awaiting Tessa Acacius looks at Anie and tries to determine her chosen craft. He is not that great at guessing what equipment does what but he hopes that she can craft in wood. If so he will see if she can provide him with a service later this day. He just needs to draw up a few sketches.

Tessa will stop Acacius and Aine and work with them on wrapping Acacius in blankets and bandages. Anything to make him look ill and hide him from as much view as possible. She asks Acacius to "Walk low. Like old man." She tries demonstrating, then frowns, feeling stupid. She looks at Merry. "Are we ready? You and the brothers make a wall for us: I want you between us and the sailors and us between you and Acacius until we can get him settled in a spot." She looks at Acacius, and Dermot and Aggie if they are around, and asks, "What is a Lion?"