What child is this..?

Aine's craft tools are mostly hidden being wrapped in a pack for travel though there is a long bar that could be for prying, hint of a saw and a the shape of several coils of rope though only someone familiar with block and tackle would know it for use in moving stone blocks. The chisel, the measuring rod, the chalks, hammer and such are all hidden away.

She moves to help get the mage on board and is more than happy that he is being told not to speak or act much. He makes her uneasy. Her movements are a little stiff being as she again didn't put on the armor right and she isn't used to it.

I assume that Tessa’s questions regarding lions comes in Latin. Acacius tries to explains and use a stylus and his wax tablet to explains with some drawings. The quality of his drawings is quite good (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2023491/ and http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2023492/ ; total roll of 6 + 3 for drawing skill and dexterity. Used an extra dice if needed.) So they may perhaps ease the explanation.

[color=red]The lion is a dangerous beast from this south and a symbol of kingship. Very common motif on shields of kings. This is not the best picture but is will perhaps give some idea of what I mean. Acacius points at the wax tablet in his hand.

The crew in general has dirty looks and the most conversation are a few grunts and snorts and sneers for greetings. Perhaps its your foreign origins. For the most part they simply point to where you should go or stow. Captain Martin is a tall and broad chested man, directing the crew with his loud and boisterous voice:

"Ho there! You worthless barnacle scrapings! Get that rigging tighter or we'll use you for bait! I want to be sailing ere the sunset you base wretches! Mr. Andrew! Where are the guests!" he demands as he snags the young man as he was running by with a load of gear.

"Captain! That'd be them sir!" he says with a squawk as he points out your group with an elbow. The captain looks your way and adjusts the long dirk in is belt and favors you with a suspicious eye.

Merry glares back at the captain for a moment until he's reminded where to place the barrel in his arms. Grunting his acknowledgment, Merry walks across the moving deck and places the barrel down and moving back to get another load.

Tessa will walk forward and stand looking up at the Captain. In her best English: "We are your guests. Do you have our coin? Yes? Then we'll be over there out of the way. Let me know if you need us." She turns precisely around on her heel and walks back to collect the group and insure everone is aboard and seated as comfortably as they can be in an out of the way space. She wants to make sure Merry and the Brothers are between Aine and Acacius.

She speaks to Acacius in a low voice (in Latin): "Thanks for picture of Lion. We need to be quiet as we can now." She'll set herself on a barrell next to Acacius, with her mace across her lap. She'll look over the Brothers to make sure they are in position and then whisper a silent prayer asking for good travel.

The Captain scowls at the presumption of what he wants. Then again, apparently having the lot of you stay out of the way is what he wants. He opens his mouth, about to say something then halts and shakes his head.

"Right...stay out of the way and we'll let you know if we need anything. Sailing today, tonight and part of tomorrow. Shouldn't be a problem." He looks at the bundled and bandaged Acacius. His eyebrows raise with some alarm.

"What's with him? He ain't a leper is he?!" The word 'leper' travels fast as the wind through the men on deck.

Tessa rolls her eyes and laughs. "What idiot brings a leper on board a boat?

"He didn't move fast enough and got trampled by some horses. Ye can take a look if ya want. But you better not wantin' to be eat after."

She gives the captain a look over and smiles. "And do I look like I want ta mess up my looks by hanging around with a leper?"

Captain Martin's eyes narrow as he takes another look at the bandaged and huddled form that Boisil and Oisian try to cover as best they can.

"I suppose, why would someone travel with a leper?" he looks back at Tessa and his hard stare changes to more of an appraising one. "Aye, I can't see why a young lady as you would travel with one of them." his eyes linger a bit longer before he sets his jaw.

"Alright! Are we almost finished?" He shouts the question the crew as your 2 draft horses and the cart they pull are loaded on board.

"Aye Captain!" one of the men calls.

"Weigh anchor! Trim the bloody sails and let's be about!"

"Aye Captain!" the men respond and commence to get about their tasks. Some of you'd like to help perhaps, but you have almost no idea what you could do to assist as the sailors clamber on ropes and wooden masts, doing all manner of tasks.

Merry appears to sit at ease beside Aine and Acacius, but his eyes dart everywhere and his hand never goes far from his swordhilt. He is perfectly happy with letting the sailors do thier job for the moment. Things might not be so easy going later.

Acacius just keeps to him self he practises on his scetch work with his stylus and wax board.

Tessa will keep an eye on the crew. If she feels like she can do it without any outsiders overhearing, she'll try to teach Acacius some very basic Gaelic. "Run" "Stop" "Hide" "Follow" "Kill them all", enough that he can at least issue/take orders from the others in case they are seperated.

The ship rolls and lolls on the waves of the cold channel. The crew for the most part stays on task, not noticing or caring about your activities. They're eager to finish this last trip and get themselves a decent amount of shoreleave before they get back on the seas again. At times the freedom of the open sea seems quite tempting, and then a wave crashes onto the deck, or the Captain barks a harsh order and men scramble to tie still more of the uncountable lines and knots.

The crew eat when they can, and you're probably a bit amazed at the hard and constant work they do, most of the motion is from the sails, but oars are used as well.

It seems like a pretty ordinary trip so far...

[color=blue]If you have a Stamina of 0 or less, or have any particular Personality Traits that might contribute, make a Stamina roll at a difficulty of 5 or become seasick.

Acacius has no trouble to withstand the seasickness and keeps to himself. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2037562/

Aine is a little queasy but can control it. She definately is not fond of boats as a form of travel now that she has tried it. She does her best to stay out of the way.

OOC: Stamina +2, no flaws related.

At late afternoon the seas have become more calm, relatively so, and you basically sit on the deck bored. The crew are set in their tasks and you have no idea how close you are to your destination. Andrew approaches, his seas legs easily compensating for the rolling deck.

"We've a fair wind and decent seas, we'll be in port tomorrow, we'll make land at the port near Stogursey castle, probably early afternoon you'll be off. Anything you need?"

Tessa nods her head in thanks at Robert's offer of information. "Aye. A good place to sleep in town for the night? And the name of a good stable?"

Tessa will make a quick estimate on how big a dent four horses and a cart will put in their purse.

After Robert is gone, Tessa will speak to the others in a low voice, Gaelic to the clan and later to Acacius in Latin.

"Alright. Here's how I think it is:

"I'd like ta spend the night in town. We'll be out under the stars quite a bit and sleeping in a warm cot would be welcome before we get down to it, but I don't think it's wise if we can avoid it. Best ta be on the way as quick as we can."
"
She does not say this to Acacius: "The less time Acacius is around those not of the clan, the better. It could start trouble."

To the Clan and Acacius again: "Here's what I'm thinkin'. If we get in early enough, I'll ask if Aine, Merry, and Acacius can stay on board a few hours. I'll take one of the brothers and go get some horse and cart. If we can get it done quick, we'll bring it down here to the dock, get our stuff loaded, and get out of town as soon as we can.

"If we can't get that done, we get rooms at the inn. Get Acacius into his room as quick as we can, and we're out the next morning before the sun is up."

Tessa looks around. "Any better ideas, let's hear 'em."

Merry spends his time watching the sailors run about on deck and taking his turn on guard duty. When Tessa lays out the plan, he questions, "ye sure ye be wanting to spend our coins on an inn when a piece o' dirt will do fine?"

Tessa smiles at Merry. "Piece o' dirt would be fine with me, but I want our friend away from prying eyes. We only take the inn if we have ta stay in town."

Acacius speaks to Tessa. [color=red]I think I can draw a circle and cast a spell that would give us heat even if we are outside. A smokeless, lightless warmth so to speak. We need not go into village.

Aine considers the options and speaks to the others. [color=blue]"I prefer that we stay at an inn or barn if we can afford it rather in the woods. Some place with four walls that we do not have to worry about wolves and other beasts attacking up. That we keep it quiet and keep the mage from interaction is understandable but let us not ignore the greater threats than a misunderstanding that plenty of apologies and groveling can cure." She is definately a city girl even if she wants to be the one that builds the city.