what virtues/flaws would you want for a verditius?

Merry christmas/happy hannukah(sp?)/yule/holidays all!

So what virtues and flaws/mystery initiations would all the verdi like as a present? :slight_smile:
Both HOH:MC ones and others.
So far I've toyed with an initiation to give both Secondary Insight and Elementalist, both from the main rule book.

I was thinking of something to give the ability to spend your hubris as if it was confidence, too overpowered? (Basically if you run out of confidence, you can spend hubris like confidence, but you gain hubris xp for each one you spent. No reduction/loss of hubris, just temporary (ie comes back when you gain confidence).)

K.

I would hold off on the canon two. For a Verditius, Affinity and Pussiant in Craft and/or Magic Theory and Philosophy, while minor, will serve you better. The Hubris merit you are postulating looks neat. It's a heavy flaw, and giving players a reason to raise it could make for some interesting stories. As to flaws, any of the spontaneous casting flaws, of course, as well as Blatant Gift (who works more with raw Magic then a Verditius?).

Faerie Blood (Dwarf) gives +1 to your crafting totals. Lots of Verdi Dwarfs in our games...

Rich

The second one makes for a nice infernally tainted virtue; anything affected by the false confidence is tainted, but not actually infernally aligned.

But VER DI PEI US is well served by existing virtues:

Poussaint and affinity with magic theory are always excellent choices. Cyclic magic is underrated but totally awesome, affectively plus 3 to all magic totals and roles in the seasons you are not reading from books. Dwarf blood has already been covered.strong fairy blood is one of my favorite virtues. If you are willing to experiment in the lab, an appropriate fairy correspondence (and inventive genius) will serve you well.

The second one makes for a nice infernally tainted virtue; anything affected by the false confidence is tainted, but not actually infernally aligned.

But VER DI PEI US is well served by existing virtues:

Poussaint and affinity with magic theory are always excellent choices. Cyclic magic is underrated but totally awesome, affectively plus 3 to all magic totals and roles in the seasons you are not reading from books. Dwarf blood has already been covered.strong fairy blood is one of my favorite virtues. If you are willing to experiment in the lab, an appropriate fairy correspondence (and inventive genius) will serve you well.

Most verdi in our game take potent magic. Sense you need casting tools to cast formulaic spells anyway you migt as well get shape and materiall bonus's for them. Another common one is hermetc alchemy to be able to gain more vis as well as form specific vis from your aura.

Think ahead to what you'd like him to get initiated into in the cult mysteries. For instance, if you want him to get items of quality, you can't go wrong with puissant Philosophiae. Get your philosophiae up to 7 and you can make yourself chainmail with a soak of +16. Swords with +4 attack. Shields with +5 defense. Makes for a really, really powerful warrior concept character. If you go puissant craft: armourer as well, you can try and get quality bonuses to those items as well.

If you want to go elder runes, then its all about the arts, so secondary insight, elementalist, affinity - arts, are all really good, as is anything that boosts xp study, such as book learner or free study.

Think i may have mentioned the plate armour in another thread already, mine gives a protection value somewhere in the 24 range (depending on the version).
I'm actually looking at the non house mysteries/virtues, as what I'm doing is inventing initiation scripts.
K.