Winter 1221, Chapter 4b: The Tremere March

She'll shake her head demurely "I couldn't possibly. My tastes are much more conventional. I would love to wreck your bed, though" She approaches the bed, ostensibly made out of wood. She then touches it, and works a ReHe attempting to pull a piece out of it it. ReHe is 25/5=5, Base 3 (Control an amount of wood), R:T, D: Mom, T:Part for a total of 5.
She'll pull a post out, and the, "Harder." She screams in mock pleasure, "Faster.". She pulls out another piece of the bed. "Don't you dare stop." She'll bang one piece of wood against another."Yes, yes, yes! Don't stop!" She'll pull another post out from the bed, "Oh it's so good, I can't take it!" She then pulls the side out, hopefull causing it to fall with a loud clatter.

"Oh, honey, that was fun. You need a stronger bead, though." She'll smile sweetly pat him on the cheek and walk out the door. All of her utterances are as loud as she can make them. Greek, Latin, English, whatever language she'll say it. If she can work magic in Greek, she will.

He shakes his head in bewilderment. "Lady, you're insane." He holds the door open.

The next day Sophronia receives a bill for three shillings. :stuck_out_tongue:

She'll send word to Parsifal, to send Edgar the 3 schillings, along with a tip of 1 more, "for an enjoyable evening."

She receives back 1 shilling, with a note on the back of a discarded accounting page:

Lady, if you find an ounce of courage to try me, you'd bankrupt yourself trying to tip me according to my performance. And yes I know how much wealth you have. But I won't keep what I haven't earned.

At first, rumours abound that Sophronia and Edgar were intimate, but those do not last long, as a rumour circulates with what actually happened... Followed by speculation on why she'd fake it, which leads to rumours that Sophronia prefers women, particularly those of the large, masculine, redheaded type.

[i]Oh, you earned much more than the schilling. Look, I spoke the truth that night. My tastes are conventional. My standards, though, are exceedingly high, you've done nothing to demonstrate you can meet them. Your offer was a complete and utter turn off. And if we ever were to come together, I could never be convinced that you can keep your mouth shut, and share my secrets with your other paramours.

Look, you can call off your rumor mill. You had every opportunity to claim you bedded me, or at least demur if questioned and allow tongues to wag. It was my hope that we could both come out postively. I've not spoken of our encounter, so what is out there comes from you. You speak of chivalry, yet you allow half truths to develop in the wake of our encounter, regardless of what the actual truth is between us. You sir, are a right foul git. I give you an opportunity to bolster your own reputation, and perhaps my own, and you return it with the most vile of lies.[/i]

"I have made it clear to the servants at the Mercer House that nothing romantic transpired between us, despite all appearances to the contrary. Nothing more, nothing less. What people choose to speculate is out of my control; I am a magus in name only.

I have never bragged of my romantic encounters. Ever."

Sophronia makes her way to the Mercere House and asks to speak to Edgar, out in the tavern area, but in a place where there's some seclusion and privacy.

Parsifal shakes his head. "He's out on duty. Talk to Augustine, the portal mistress; she can send you a message once Edgar's returned."

She'll go to Augustine and introdoce herself, indicate she's looking for Edward and ask, "Do you know when Edgar might be back?"

The fat Mercere maga has a motherly air about her. "Oh! Looking for our Edgar? Well darling, he's at Durenmar. Special
Request of the Prima Bonisagi. He's like to be a couple days... Murion always keeps him busy. He left this morning so I'd say the earliest he'll be back is tomorrow night. Are you looking for a scribe, dear? Great William is nearly as good as Edgar. Not as precise of penmanship, but he works faster, anyway."

When Sophronia hears this, her face blanches, as if she finds the thought of that... ineraction unappealing. "No, I was looking to resolve a personal situation that has escalated out of control between us."

"Oh! Well if it's a matter of any urgency, why not seek him at Durenmar? I can let you through for a discounted rate of... Say, two pawns Vim."

Sophronia smiles at her, but shakes her head, "No, but would you ask him to come to my guest quarters the morning after he returns. Tell him I seek a truce. The Vim is meant for another use, and I must be parsiminous with use of the resources I brought with me, especially when it is a personal matter, and not a matter of the covenant or my House."

She frowns. "Well, I could let you through for one pawn, and the return trip for free. Edgar is a friend of mine."

"That's really sweet of you, I have no wish to intrude on a business arrangement. So tell me, Augustine, I'm sure you've heard the rumors swirling about me. I wish to ensure that those rumors are corrected, and I wish to make amends with Edgar when he returns."

"Rumours? No, I'm a portal guardian, not a Redcap. And I live on the other side of the portal. But if something you said got back around to Edgar... I don't think you'll have much luck trying to make it up to him. He's easily hurt, and he's got more pride than sense."

Sophronia says, somewhat dejectedly, "Very well, if you can leave a message for him to come see me upon his return, I'd be most appreciative," on her way out..

"Of course dearie. I'll make sure he knows." She pats you Sophronia on the head. "Here, have some bundt cake. I made it myself."

A little boy with a huge crown of black curls finds Sophronia the next day. "Auntie A wanted me to tell you Edgar is home." He waits around expectantly after his message is delivered.

Does Sopronia have a personal stash of cash, of several pennies, half pennies? If so, she'd give a half penny and head out.
She'll go back to the Mercere House and try and find him, and begin a quiet conversation.

She does. When you hand the boy a penny, he frowns, and squints at you, before slinking off.