Yay, Atlas has forums!

I'm so glad you got your own forums. phpbbs is great.

To the long and continued success of Atlas Games, cheers!

Let me add my congratulations with the new forums! PhpBB is more user-friendly than Delphi by several magnitudes. :wink:
Haakon Olav Thunestvedt

I've got to agree ... having limited experience with forums, I was amazed at how much easier to navigate the phpbb forums are. No more waiting and waiting and waiting for things to load! And the lack of ads is great. And there are all kinds of nifty features I get to play with as goddess of the forum, like ranks. :wink:

The one thing I miss is the notation of how many new, unread posts are in each thread. I know there's the icon that tells you if there are new entries for individual threads, but you have to go into each category to see them, rather than just toggling the folder to show its contents in the left bar. Just different.

Anyway, post a thread in the Tell the WebJanitor category if there's anything I've missed or something that isn't working right (like needing to enable the edit feature ... oops). Enjoy!

Congradulations on the new forums, they are great!
Much better than Delphi.

One note, when replying the head of the page does not present the link to the thread. I find such a link useful at times, especially when making complicated replies refering to other parts of the thread. I know there is such a link at ENWorld and RPG.net ...

Hi there.

One note, when replying the head of the page does not present the link to the thread. I find such a link useful at times, especially when making complicated replies refering to other parts of the thread. I know there is such a link at ENWorld and RPG.net ...

When you hit reply, and the form comes up to type in, you should be able to scroll down past the "Preview" and "Submit" buttons and see the entire thread quoted in the "Topic Review" panel. Let me know if this isn't happening for you, or if there's some reason a link is preferable.

Congrats on the new forum!
This is so much better, I allways liked phpBB. For all special needs and wants I think there are a multitude of mods, patches and little extra features you can get for phpBB (at least I think so). If anyone of you feel inclined to tinker a bit.
But for now I'm just sitting here grinning, it's great!
There seem to be picking up some traffic here as well, la lala lala, hi hihi hihi....

Yeah! working just fine here.

It is happening. In my experience with other boards, a link is sometimes preferable as it allows me to go read the thread in a regular fashion, open "quotes" and copy-paste them easily (saving me the trouble of adding the quote thingie myself; yes, I'm spoiled), and most importantly - in large threads there are multiple pages, and only the last page is seen in the "Topic Review" section.

Another note: At least for me, a clear seperation between the posts makes it easier to digest and overview the thread. The current color scheme has such small lines between posts I hardly notice them, which is making things slightly confusing.

Edit: Yet one more thing, there is no "reason for editing" line (besides the subject line). I'm used to having that when I edit posts. It helps, like now when I've edited my post to clear up sentence structure and can't add why in the line. Adding it in a comment like that is far more intrusive.
This option comes with a "last edit at time xxx" stamp, which is less critical. I've only actually used it once (in a post I regularly update to present the current characters-at-the-scene on my PbP saga).

Hi there.

Hmmm ... I can't seem to find an easy way to toggle this on in the management side of the forums. If you can find instructions for me, I'd be happy to implement it. See phpbb.com/

Done.

Again, I can't find an easy way to turn this on. Let me know if you find instructions and I'd be happy to do it.

Yay!!! New Forums. I'm so happy you folks got rid of the Delphi craptastic forums I hated to visit b/c of the interface w/ them. Now I'll visit more often :smiley: But I promise not to be the annoying neighbor who never leaves.

Again congrats on the new digs.

Terry