yearly planning chart

He did use it in 1135 then? Excellent, making use of that bright boy! When you check your lab totals for the lab work, if you don't need your apprentice's aid, just let me know I have the season to read or some-such, otherwise I'll assume you're using his aid. :slight_smile:

Mercurio is set. Andros has already set out his apprentice's tasks.

Mercurio is not set. When reading books it is necessary to specify the title, not just the subject. Otherwise you don't know which books are already being read that season.

Apologies and updated; The summa to finish to 5, and then a tractatus to learn even more.

Trying to understand what Camilla is trying to accomplish in 1137...

Oliverius- Book TBD? Writing, reading? We need to track specific book usage so the same book isn't being used by multiple people in one season...

Aegis- Deangelica cooks every summer and fall- training in the spring is unavailable.

Mercurio- needs 1137 filled out

Pazzino- why are you reading the tractatus and then the summae? Especially when your level is already too high to benefit from the summae?

I mixed up things, Pazzino is going to read the summa "Rumors of the Order" in winter.

Essentially, she is trying to shave time wherever she can towards acquiring Fertility Magic. Per Ancient Magic, she can invent the same spells/items that gave Ev Insight points without the Insight first, as long as she has the Lab Texts; because she has a very high Lab Total for Creo Corpus and now Rego Vim, she is hoping that some of these spells/items share TeFo, so that she could potentially invent more than 1 in the same season. After she has invented them successfully, she can then attempt to gain the Insight for the Breakthrough points in subsequent seasons. So perhaps she can save a season to three at the end.
(When Camilla was an Apprentice, she spent a season getting familiar with Evandrus's writing style, she even later wrote 120 levels of his Lab Texts to the Library. She is looking at his Lab Texts which provided Insight towards Fertility Magic, to see which ones did (I believe he also spent a season or two organizing his notes))

• Need Quite Possibly a Cat's help here to see what's what:
    trying to find out what specific spells provided Breakthroughs for what...scouring the board and the character sheet, Ev finalized the Breakthru in 1123 with spells from Mario of Bonisagus's notes:
    Child of Last Night's Meeting CrCo 35
    Frozen Womb MuCo 35,

also: introduction of the male essence ReCo 20, this is Insight from the Wall Painting, think it was invented Winter 1121

this precedes it, from 1116
"This is also for Fertility: a spell which will aid in childbirth" CrCo 20

in 1110: "Invent Spell prolonged Pregnancy", it's in the year by year but Ev's sheet does not show what the specific spell does (I think it's the same as Frozen Womb, but the latter one was invented from Mario of Bonisagus's notes, possibly a duplicated effort).

•Found this: Wand of Childbirth CrCo-35, Insight Item
Unlimited Uses/Day
R: Touch D: Moon T: Ind
The target gets +6 for rolls involved in childbirth.
Base 5 +1 Touch +3 Moon +10 Levels Unlimited Uses/Day
But the sheet does not show it. Was it created in 1120?

To here, that's 29 + whatever prolonged pregnancy's magnitude, and again, I think that is a repeated spell.

These were after the Fertility Magic Break-thru, they indicate Breakthrough points, but for what?
•Restore Fertility IV CrCo 40
•Potent, Restore Fertility CrCo 45

Pazzino's 29th magnitude Longevity Ritual, this was specifically to keep fertility despite LRs

Oliverius is fixed up. Working on Mercurio. And done on Mercurio- added a few quick lessons.

Gosh. I'd need to go back and look at stuff. The Restore Fertility spells both contribute to fertility magic. Fertility Magic is only partially integrated.

No, if you invent the spells before having the insight you get no breakthrough from the experiment.

That is understood, but you can invent the thing, from Lab notes, and then, later, study the Insight Lab notes, or the items from which the Insight was obtained, and then obtain the relevant Breakthru points.

From AM:
The effect produced in this way can be reproduced by other Hermetic magi. However, they can only do so if they have access to a Lab Text describing it, and it is not possible to vary the effect in any way; it must be reproduced exactly as it was initially created. Reproducing the effect in this way does not grant break-through points unless the reproducing magus also gains the relevant Insight, whether from investigating the same item or from reading the original investigator’s Lab Texts. It is possible to reproduce the effect and study the insight Lab Texts later.

I stand corrected. Seems off to me, but technically correct...

Well, I think it's meant to simulate that it's somewhat easier to do stuff following somebody else's notes. Pending what QPaC can find about the Breakthru's, Gloriana will simply cram as much as she can each season:

Spring: with the aid if her little helpers (sans Sybilla, boo!), Gloriana has CrCo 64+ 5 Int + 17 MT Creo + 6 Aura + Lab 10 + Mercurio 10 + M Rabbit 11= 123
She can learn from Lab Texts:
Child of Last Night's Meeting CrCo 35
Restore Fertility IV CrCo 40
Potent, Restore Fertility CrCo 45
Summer:
Frozen Womb MuCo 35, any other MuCo spell, if there's one, if there's Lab Total left, will invent another MuCo spell, MuCo 38+ 5 Int + 16 MT + 6 Aura + Lab 7 + Mercurio 10 + M Rabbit 11= 93
Fall:
Wand of Childbirth CrCo-35, CrCo 64+ 5 Int + 17 MT Creo + 6 Aura + Lab 10 = 102, create some potions of Creation charged items.
Winter:
introduction of the male essence ReCo 20 + other ReCo spells.

For 1138 she can study 4 sources of Insight, as long as she avoids a Botch, she will have 31 Insight points at the end, and in 1139 Spring could potentially study another one for 4, and hit 35, which was what Ev needed. If not enough, there's still one more with 7 Breakthrough points, she can study that.

So that is the plan.

You asked earlier what breakthrough points after the breakthrough were for- they were for full integration. If that had been accomplished instead of requiring initiation (or super high teaching levels) he virtue could be integrated with a simple tractatus.
Of additional note there is a secondary breakthrough in fertility lore which is much easier to propagate and a very useful aid to fertility magic.

Thanks, but full integration is not in the cards for Gloriana just yet, she might simply learn Fertility Magic, and eventually create a Merinita Initiation Script. Still, that's why I'm looking for Quite Possibly a Cat's help to locate all the experiments that provided Breakthrough points.

As for the secondary Breakthrough, I'll remind you Gloriana achieved it! She has The Fertility Lore skill. She had accumulated 15 B. points when Evandrus hit 35, so I asked if she could go for that skill, and you approved. She has Fertility Lore 2; but since she wasn't a good teacher, she was going to gift Ev with a tractatus, but...things happened. So yeah, she's quite good at this, and might eventually create a cult, but as she has the Blatant gift, it's quite understandable that no one wants her help to deliver children or insure pregnancies.

If you create a fertility fetish that is worth 5 breakthrough points. If you write a tractatus ungifted people can learn the ability and you have lots of literate people with good writing abilities and a high interest in magical stuff at the covenant...

Pardon, Ignes.Festivus, did Andros get his lab work done and use Neleos, or was he doing too many grand adventures and letting Neleos read? :slight_smile:

Unfortunately for the lad, Tribunal was ridiculously short, and his services were indeed required!

Done for 1137. Neleos, slightly more clever than he was a few years ago, asks if you would like him to study the primers for the Forms so you won't have to waste time teaching him, when you're not using his tired assistance in the lab.

Andros replies: I do not get tired of teaching you the tight things, the right way, Apprentice. You will make a fine Flambeaux...some day. Attend to your schedule and my direction. If you want to read the Vim Roots, then I will put my training against that musty old tome, and you will see who teaches best!

raccoonmask, Andros switched things a bit in 1138 from what was posted before. He will require his Apprentice's aid in the Spring, Neleos is directed to read the Vim Root in the Summer, Andros will teach him Vim in the Fall, and then the lad can study whatever in the Winter. He hopes the lad has increased his Lab total and Latin, for he will be Enriching several Objects in the near future, and he does not need his Apprentice for that, but of course, he will have him doing copying and fixing Arcane Connections, no rest for the weary!

Regarding Bravery- first of all I calculate Anna's 1 on 1 SQ at 24 with specialization, which means Bravery gets a SQ:29 with apt student. Which means that the maximum level that Anna can teach in Corpus (28=level 7) can be finished in one season. Please pick something else to teach the second season of 1137...