Zacharias Ex Miscellanea (a magus)

[size=150]Zacharias Ex Miscellanea, Sixth Tribunal (Ages 60-66)[/size]

The most interesting aspect of this period of seven years is that Zacharias was an arche for the Tribunal. The duties weren't oppressive, but he had to spend some time dealing with the requirements of the Conciliatory Board. But it was good work and it gave him the opportunity to meet some other magi from across the Tribunal, which was a treat. Aside from that, Zacharias turned his attention to more ways to live easier in the Dominion aura in Thessaloniki. He instilled a few more powers in the Arcane Ring and invented some more rotes. He also devoted a few of his seasons to creating some lesser magic items for Redcaps. While he wasn't in the lab, he learned Arabic, the better to read Arabic treatises on mathematics and correspond with Arab mathematicians.

It's a busy time on the personal front as well. With their children growing up, Zacharias and Anastasia work hard to get them all settled in their adult lives. Isaac and Gabriel find positions that will serve them well in the future, and Maria is married to the son of a prominent local merchant who is set to inherit the business some day.

Age 60
15 Cr, +22.5
05 Society of Alchemists Lore, +5
10 Folk Ken, +10
10 Code of Hermes, +10
Familiar xp: Other abilities, +15
Vis gained: 3 Ig, 16 Vi
Vis spent: 4 Vi
Vis gifts: 10 Vi
Final vis: 4 An, 3 Aq, 3 Au, 5 Co, 3 He, 15 Ig, 9 Im, 4 Me, 9 Te, 31 Vi

Age 61
20 Arabic, +20
10 Instill PeIm 33 power in Arcane Ring; (PeIm LT = 71); (-4 Im); [10/22]
Power Instilled: Cloak of Silence (PeIm 33)
10 Instill ReCo 40 power in Arcane Ring; (ReCo LT = 88); (-4 Co); [14/22]
Power Instilled: Wings of Daedalus (ReCo 40)
Vis gained: 3 Co, 16 Vi
Vis spent: 4 Co, 4 Im, 4 Vi
Vis gifts: 10 Vi
Final vis: 4 An, 3 Aq, 3 Au, 4 Co, 3 He, 15 Ig, 5 Im, 4 Me, 9 Te, 33 Vi

Age 62
20 Arabic, +20
10 Cr, +15
10 invent ReVi spells from lab texts; (ReVi LT = 55)
Spells Learned: Wizard's Vigil (30) (ReVi 30), Divide the Gathered Essence (ReVi 25)
Vis gained: 3 Im, 16 Vi
Vis gifts: 11 Vi
Final vis: 4 An, 3 Aq, 3 Au, 4 Co, 3 He, 15 Ig, 8 Im, 4 Me, 9 Te, 35 Vi

Age 63
10 He, +10
10 Arabic, +10
10 Invent 40 levels of MuCo rotes from scratch; (MuCo LT = 80)
Rotes Learned:
05 Etiquette, +5
05 Area Lore; Theban Tribunal, +5
Vis gained: 3 Me, 16 Vi
Final vis: 4 An, 3 Aq, 3 Au, 4 Co, 3 He, 15 Ig, 8 Im, 7 Me, 9 Te, 36 Vi

Age 64
10 Theology, +10
10 Invent 40 levels of ReCo rotes from scratch; (ReCo LT = 81)
Rotes Learned:
20 Finesse, +20
Familiar xp: Magic Theory, +15
Vis gained: 3 Me, 24 Vi
Vis gifts: 12 Vi
Final vis: 4 An, 3 Aq, 3 Au, 4 Co, 3 He, 15 Ig, 8 Im, 10 Me, 9 Te, 45 Vi

Age 65
10 Co, +15
10 Order of Hermes Lore, +10
10 Magic Lore, +10
10 Invent 45 levels of CrCo rotes from scratch; (CrCo LT = 95)
Rotes Invented:
Vis gained: 3 Me, 20 Co
Final vis: 4 An, 3 Aq, 3 Au, 24 Co, 3 He, 15 Ig, 8 Im, 13 Me, 9 Te, 29 Vi

Age 66
15 Teaching, +15
05 Penetration, +5
10 Invent CrCo spells from lab texts; (CrCo LT = 82)
Spells Invented: Purification of the Festering Wounds (CrCo 20), Recovery of the Terrible Disease (CrCo 20)*, and Incantation of the Body Made Whole (CrCo 40)
10 Open Wand of Fire with 15+8 Vi vis (15 from S&M, plus 8 from Philosophic Alchemy); [-15 Vi]; [0/23]
Magic Theory = 8 (base) + 2 (puissant) + 1 (specialty) = 11
Vis gained: 3 Me, 8 Vi
Vis spent: 19 Vi
Final vis: 4 An, 3 Aq, 3 Au, 24 Co, 3 He, 15 Ig, 8 Im, 16 Me, 9 Te, 7 Vi

• NOTE: This is an extension of the core spell Purification of the Festering Wounds, which was later split in two by A&A. I'm treating it as a core spell.

Aging:
60: Aging roll: 1D10-3 = [3]-3 = 0; no effect
61: Aging roll: 1D10-2 = [4]-2 = 2; no effect
62: Aging roll: 1D10-2 = [2]-2 = 0; no effect
63: Aging roll: 1D10-2 = [4]-2 = 2; no effect
64: Aging roll: 1D10-2 = [3]-2 = 1; no effect
65: Aging roll: 1D10-2 = [8]-2 = 6; no effect
66: Aging roll: 1D10-2 = [7]-2 = 5; no effect

[size=150]Zacharias Ex Miscellanea, Seventh Tribunal (Ages 67-73)[/size]

Having spent seven years as an arche, Zacharias came to the notice of the current Tribunal leaders. They proved particularly interested in his Gentle Gift and fluency in Arabic as there were a couple of negotiations in Levant with some Arabic merchants that would go better if they didn't have to rely on Levant magi for translation. Zacharias is tapped to help with those negotiations, and has his first trip to the Levant Tribunal, pausing beforehand to prepare some protective magic should he get in trouble. Before the next tribunal occurs, he's sent on another diplomatic trip. When he is home, however, it's more of the same, slowly adding enchantments to some of his items and devising new rotes. He does take time out of his schedule to devise a longevity ritual for another magus, when other magi prove too busy to do so.

With an empty nest, Zacharias and Anastaia work to adjust to the new normal. It's quiet, but their children are all still living in Thessaloniki, so they get to see them often. Of course just as things are settling down, Maria has her first child, and Zacharias and Anastasia are grandparents, leading to a whole new life spoiling the grandchildren. Given their ages, and their apparent youth, Zacharias and Anastasia make efforts to appear older than they would otherwise look, at least in public. They still look remarkably well-preserved for a man in his sixties and a woman in her forties, but they manage not to attract too much attention.

Age 67
10 Instill CrIg 30 power in Wand; (CrIg LT = 75); (-3 Ig); [3/23]
Power Instilled: Light Without Flame (CrIg 30)
(Grants Superior (Magic) Lighting to lab)
10 Instill PeIg 30 power in Wand; (PeIg LT = 68); (-3 Ig); [6/23]
Power Instilled: Quench the Raging Conflagration (PeIg 30)
20 Instill CrIg 58 power in Wand; (CrIg LT = 87); Planetary Magic, +3; (-6 Ig); [12/23]
Power Instilled: Pilum of Fire (CrIg 58)
Planetary Magic (+3) #1: Planetary Magic: 1D10+10 = [10]+10 = 20=10; success if no botch
Botch Roll: Botch dice: 1D10 = [7] = 7
1D10 = [2] = 2
1D10 = [2] = 2
; no botch
Planetary Magic (+3) #2: Planetary Magic: 1D10+10 = [5]+10 = 15
Vis gained: 3 Me, 32 Vi
Vis spent: 12 Ig, 4 Vi
Final vis: 4 An, 3 Aq, 3 Au, 24 Co, 3 He, 3 Ig, 8 Im, 19 Me, 9 Te, 24 Vi

Age 68
05 Spell Mastery, +5 (Incantation of the Body Made Whole)
05 Spell Mastery, +5 (Recovery of the Terrible Disease)
10 Invent CrCo 40 spell from scratch; (CrCo LT = 80)
Spell Invented: Circle of Gift of Minor Strength (+1) (CrCo 40) [Designed for Anastasia]
10 Invent CrCo 40 spell from scratch; (CrCo LT = 87)
Spell Invented: Circle of Gift of Minor Speed (+1) (CrCo 40) [Designed for Anastasia]
05 Spell Mastery, +5 (Circle of Gift of Minor Strength)
05 Spell Mastery, +5 (Circle of Gift of Minor Speed)
Cast Circle of Gift of Minor Speed twice on self and Anastasia [+2 Qik, -16 Co]
First casting: Circle of Minor Gift of Quickness: 1D10+55 = [3]+55 = 58; success
Second Casting: Circle of Minor Gift of Quickness: 1D10+55 = [8]+55 = 63; success
Vis gained: 3 Me, 32 Vi
Vis spent: 16 Co, 4 Vi
Final vis: 4 An, 3 Aq, 3 Au, 8 Co, 3 He, 3 Ig, 8 Im, 22 Me, 9 Te, 41 Vi

Age 69
10 Parma Magica, +10
05 Spell Mastery, +5 (Voice of the Bjornaer Magus)
05 Spell Mastery, +5 (Lift the Dangling Puppet)
10 Instill ReCo 40 power into Arcane Ring; (LT=84); [-4 Co]; [18/22]
Power Instilled: Leap of a Single League (ReCo 40)
10 Instill CrCo power in familiar bond; (CrCo LT = 91); [-5 Co]
Power Instilled: Ward the Cruel Touch of Pestilence (CrCo 45)
Vis gained: 3 Co, 32 Vi
Vis spent: 9 Co, 4 Vi
Final vis: 4 An, 3 Aq, 3 Au, 2 Co, 3 He, 3 Ig, 8 Im, 22 Me, 9 Te, 57 Vi

Age 70
10 Invent 30 levels of PeIg rotes from scratch; (PeIg LT = 64)
Rotes Invented:
10 Invent 32 levels of ReTe rotes from scratch; (ReTe LT = 67)
Rotes Invented:
10 Diplomat, +10
05 Spell Mastery: Invisible Sling rote
05 Spell Mastery: Wizard's Parry rote
Vis gained: 3 Me, 15 Co Vi
Final vis: 4 An, 3 Aq, 3 Au, 17 Co, 3 He, 3 Ig, 8 Im, 25 Me, 9 Te, 41 Vi

Age 71
10 Invent 40 levels of CrHe rotes from scratch; (CrHe LT = 80)
Rotes Invented:
10 Invent 40 levels of CrIm rotes from scratch; (CrIm LT = 83)
Rotes Invented:
05 An, +5
05 Te, +5
10 Co, +15
Vis gained: 10 Co, 3 Me, 16 Vi
Vis gifts: 13 Vi
Final vis: 4 An, 3 Aq, 3 Au, 27 Co, 3 He, 3 Ig, 8 Im, 28 Me, 9 Te, 41 Vi

Age 72
05 Ig, +5
05 He, +5
10 Co, +15
06 Pe, +6
04 In, +4
10 Diplomat, +10
Vis gained: 3 Me, 24 Vi
Final vis: 4 An, 3 Aq, 3 Au, 27 Co, 3 He, 3 Ig, 8 Im, 31 Me, 9 Te, 48 Vi

Age 73
16 Mu, +16
02 In, +2
01 An, +1
01 Te, +1
10 Diplomat, +10
10 Parma Magica, +10
Vis gained: 3 Me, 16 Vi
Final vis: 4 An, 3 Aq, 3 Au, 27 Co, 3 He, 3 Ig, 8 Im, 34 Me, 9 Te, 47 Vi

Aging:
67: Aging roll: 1D10-2 = [5]-2 = 3; no effect
68: Aging roll: 1D10-2 = [5]-2 = 3; no effect
69: Aging roll: 1D10-2 = [9]-2 = 7; no effect
70: Aging roll: 1D10-2 = [3]-2 = 1; no effect
71: Aging roll: 1D10-1 = [9]-1 = 8; no effect
72: Aging roll: 1D10-1 = [6]-1 = 5; no effect
73: Aging roll: 1D10-1 = [9]-1 = 8; no effect

You visibly age with any result 3 or higher. Also, at 71, your aging roll is +8 to the die. Could you summarize how you have -9 to aging rolls? I don't see a Longevity ritual anywhere.

It would also be nice to see a complete character sheet at this point.

Not with Unaging. With Unaging you can pick your apparent age. You just accumulate APs.

Aging Roll
-3 Bronze Cord
-1 Magus living condition modifier
-2 Healthy Feature (x2)
-3 Lab Modifier (+7 Health = -3 to Aging)

-9 TOTAL

I've tried to be very careful to maintain at least two seasons doing "lab" activities. I've assumed Arts are learned either from vis or books and can be done in the lab, and that Arcane abilities are from books as well, and so can be done in the lab. Anything else, I assume is a non-lab activity. That's one of the reasons that I broke up my advancement into 10 xp yearly slots, so I could track what was a lab activity and what wasn't.

Honestly, I've just been waiting for some Aging points before getting the LR, since there's no reason to get Warping points for no reason. But with Unaging and the bonuses to the aging check, I haven't had any yet.

Please let me know if any of this was improper. The gold cord should be legit, as should the magus living conditions modifier. I thought we were using the benefits of the covenant for pre-game development, so the healthy features seemed like they should apply. (We picked those boons specifically to get a bonus on the Aging check.) And I really tried to make sure that my magus spent at least half the year in the lab to get the lab Health bonus (why else do we have it?). I was surprised as well (pleasantly so) by the size of the Aging check modifier, but saw no reason to get a LR just because everyone else does at 35. One of the real benefits of Unaging is that you can delay your LR.

I am sorry, I meant to post one after the 5th Tribinal, but just plain forgot. I've been aiming at every 14 years like you did. My bad. I'll correct that tonight.

Ok, I missed that. I'd say you stopped aging at 28, when you acquired the Virtue, but it's your call.

Well, we're in a summer covenant, so the modifier for Magus living condition is +2. So it's even better. You're also Gently Gifted, so you could easily be married and have children who look older than you.

That actually works pretty well. I'd just picked an age before. But I'll go with 28.

Yeah, Unaging comes with a few problems as well, the biggest being that you have to watch your loved ones grow old while you don't.

I'd originally thought to have Zacharias meet his True Love relatively soon before the saga starts, just so that I could explore all the aspects of that relationship on screen rather than shunting them off into the before-game time when they couldn't be a part of any story. But you make me wonder whether I should jump start the plotline a little sooner and set up some different stories. The one thing I don't want is for all the interesting things with True Love to have already happened in the back story.

I'll have to give that a little thought. Having an adult child might be interesting from a story standpoint. And having n older wife brings in certain complications. When to make her a Longevity Ritual, for one thing.

[size=150]Zacharius Argyris Ex Miscellanea after Fifth Tribunal[/size]

Size: 0
Decrepitude: 0 (0)
Warping Score: 1 (12)
Confidence Score: 1 (3)

Abilities
Int +3, Per +1, Str -2, Sta +2, Pre +2, Com +2, Dex 0, Qui -4

Virtues

• Affinity with Corpus (minor, general)
  • Affinity with Creo (minor, general)
  • Affinity with Magical Theory (minor, general)
  • Book Learner (minor, general)
  • Cautious Sorcerer (minor, hermetic)
  • Gentle Gift (major, hermetic)
  • Hermetic Alchemy (minor, hermetic, mystery, bonus)
  • Inventive Genius (major, hermetic)
  • Philosophic Alchemy (major, mystery, bonus)
  • Puissant in Magical Theory (minor, general)
  • Unaging (minor, supernatural)
  • Hermetic Numerology (minor, mystery)
  • Lesser Elixir (minor, mystery)
  • Planetary Magic (minor, mystery)

Flaws

• Ability Block: Martial (minor, general)
  • Compassionate (major, personality)
  • Incompatible Arts (PeAn and PeMe)* (minor, hermetic)
  • Optimistic (minor, personality)
  • Poor Quickness (minor, general)
  • True Love (major, story)
  • Weak Spontaneous Magic (major, bonus)

Personality Traits

• Compassionate, +3
  • Pious, +1
  • Loyal to Aristotle, +3
  • Optimistic, +2

Reputations

• Excellent Lab, +4 (55)
  • Mathematician, +3 (35)

[tableborder][tr][th][left]Ability[/left][/th] [th]Value[/th] [th][left]Specialty[/left][/th] [th]XP[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Animal Handling[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]horses[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Area Lore: Thessaloniki[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]people[/td] [td][center]10[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Artes Liberales (Greek)[/td] [td][center]7[/center][/td] [td]arithmetic[/td] [td][center]140[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Athletics[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]running[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Awareness[/td] [td][center]3[/center][/td] [td]alertness[/td] [td][center]30[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Bargain[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]books[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Brawl[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]dodge[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Charm[/td] [td][center]3[/center][/td] [td]making friends[/td] [td][center]30[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Code of Hermes[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]vis sources[/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Concentration[/td] [td][center]2[/center][/td] [td]maintaining spells[/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dead Language: Latin[/td] [td][center]4[/center][/td] [td]hermetic usage[/td] [td][center]50[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dominion Lore[/td] [td][center]2[/center][/td] [td]angels[/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Etiquette[/td] [td][center]2[/center][/td] [td]church[/td] [td][center]25[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Finesse[/td] [td][center]3[/center][/td] [td]precision[/td] [td][center]305[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Folk Ken[/td] [td][center]2[/center][/td] [td]town folk[/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Guile[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]disguising his identity[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Infernal Lore[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]demons[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Intrigue[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]gossip[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Leadership[/td] [td][center]2[/center][/td] [td]in the lab[/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Living Language: Romaic Greek[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td] [td]ancient forms[/td] [td][center]75[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Magic Lore[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]magical creatures[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Magic Theory[/td] [td][center]8+2[/center][/td] [td]magic items[/td] [td][center]180[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Order of Hermes Lore[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]House Ex Miscellanea[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Organization Lore: Society of Alchemists[/td] [td][center]3[/center][/td] [td]initiation of others[/td] [td][center]35[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Parma Magica[/td] [td][center]3[/center][/td] [td]Mentem[/td] [td][center]35[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Philosophiae[/td] [td][center]2[/center][/td] [td]ritual magic[/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Profession: Scribe[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]copying books[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Ride[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]staying on the horse[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Stealth[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]sneaking[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Swim[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]staying afloat[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Theology[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]bible knowledge[/td] [td][center]10[/center][/td][/tr][/tableborder]

Arts

[tableborder][tr][th][left]Art[/left][/th] [th]Score[/th] [th]XP[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Creo[/td] [td][center]20[/center][/td] [td][center]217.5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Intéllego[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Muto[/td] [td][center]8[/center][/td] [td][center]36[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Perdo[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Rego[/td] [td][center]10[/center][/td] [td][center]55[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Animál[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Aquam[/td] [td][center]0[/center][/td] [td][center]0[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Auram[/td] [td][center]0[/center][/td] [td][center]0[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Corpus[/td] [td][center]18[/center][/td] [td][center]177[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Herbam[/td] [td][center]2[/center][/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Ignem[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Imáginem[/td] [td][center]8[/center][/td] [td][center]36[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Mentem[/td] [td][center]10[/center][/td] [td][center]55[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Terram[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Vim[/td] [td][center]10[/center][/td] [td][center]65[/center][/td][/tr][/tableborder]

Spells
Aegis of the Hearth (20) (ReVi 20), ML 1(5), Penetration (1)
Chamber of Spring Breezes (CrAu 5)
Cloak of Duck's Feathers (ReAq 5), ML 1(5), Quiet (1)
Comfort of Drenched Traveler PeAq 5), ML 1(5), Quiet (1)
Curse of the Unruly Tongue (ReCo 5)
Doublet of Impenetrable Silk (MuAn 15), ML 1(5), Quiet (1)
Ear for the Distant Voice (InIm 5), ML 1(5), Quiet (1)
Gather the Essence of the Beast (ReVi 15)
Leap of Homecoming (ReCo 35)
Lift the Dangling Puppet (ReCo 15)
The Minute of Reckoning (ReVi 10), ML 1(5), Quiet (1)
Revealed Flaws of the Mortal Flesh (InCo 10), ML 1(5), Quiet (1)
Voice of the Bjornaer Magus (MuAn 15), ML 1(5), Quiet (1)
Whispering Fingers (CrMe 5), ML 1(5), Quiet (1)
Wizard's Sidestep (ReIm 10), ML 1(5), Fast Cast (1)

Powers in Familiar Bond
Disguise of the New Form (MuCo 30)

Rotes
Ears of the Hare (MuCo(An) 4)
Eyes of the Cat (MuCo(An) 4)
Eyes of the Cat (MuCo(An) 5)
Eyes of the Hawk (MuCo(An) 4)
Slipperiness of the Eel (MuCo(An) 4)
Track by Scent (MuCo(An) 4)
Webbed Toes of the Pond Dweller (MuCo(An) 4)
Unraveling the Fabric of Corpus (PeVi 5)
Unraveling the Fabric of Ignem (PeVi 5)
Unraveling the Fabric of Imaginem (PeVi 5)
Unraveling the Fabric of Vim (PeVi 5)
Unraveling the Fabric of Mentem (PeVi 5)
Unraveling the Fabric of Herbam (PeVi 5)
Aura of Ennobled Presence (pers.) (MuIm 5)
Aura of Childlike Innocence (pers.) (MuIm 5)
Aura of Beguiling Appearance (pers.) (MuIm 5)
Disguise of the Transformed Image (Pers) (MuIm 10)
Taste of the Spices and Herbs (MuIm 5)
Gauge the Magical Aura (InVi 3)
Gauge the Divine Aura (InVi 3)
Gauge the Infernal Aura (InVi 3)
Gauge the Faerie Aura (InVi 3)
Sense the Nature of Vis (InVi 5)
Scales of Magical Weight (InVi 5)
Smell Moderate Magic (InVi 10)

Talisman

RING OF THE MAGUS [30/44]
Detect Surface Thoughts (ReMe 33)
Aura of Rightful Authority (ReMe 33)
Posing the Silent Question (InMe 33)
Catching the Eye (CrMe 33)
Failure to Fall (ReCo 28)
Hex of Slumber (ReMe 56)
Leap of Homecoming (ReCo 48)

ATTUNEMENTS
+5 Muto
+3 Corpus
+3 Vim
+4 Mind
+4 Imaginem
+3 Perdo
+3 Ignem
+2 Rego
+3 Terram

Magic Items

NUMEROLOGIST'S BOOK [2/29]
The Pocket Bible (MuAn 20)

ARCANE RING [6/22]
Cloak of Invisibility (PeIm 30)
Phantom Image (MuIm 30)

[size=150]Zacharius Argyris Ex Miscellanea after Seventh Tribunal[/size]

Size: 0
Decrepitude: 0 (0)
Warping Score: 2 (20)
Confidence Score: 1 (3)

Abilities
Int +3, Per +1, Str -2, Sta +2, Pre +2, Com +2, Dex 0, Qui -2

Virtues

• Affinity with Corpus (minor, general)
  • Affinity with Creo (minor, general)
  • Affinity with Magical Theory (minor, general)
  • Book Learner (minor, general)
  • Cautious Sorcerer (minor, hermetic)
  • Gentle Gift (major, hermetic)
  • Hermetic Alchemy (minor, hermetic, mystery, bonus)
  • Inventive Genius (major, hermetic)
  • Philosophic Alchemy (major, mystery, bonus)
  • Puissant in Magical Theory (minor, general)
  • Unaging (minor, supernatural)
  • Hermetic Numerology (minor, mystery)
  • Lesser Elixir (minor, mystery)
  • Planetary Magic (minor, mystery)

Flaws

• Ability Block: Martial (minor, general)
  • Compassionate (major, personality)
  • Incompatible Arts (PeAn and PeMe)* (minor, hermetic)
  • Optimistic (minor, personality)
  • Poor Quickness (minor, general)
  • Temperate (minor, personality)
  • True Love (major, story)
  • Weak Spontaneous Magic (major, bonus)

Personality Traits

• Compassionate, +3
  • Pious, +1
  • In love with Anastasia, +3
  • Loyal to Aristotle, +3
  • Optimistic, +2

Reputations

• Excellent Lab, +4
  • Mathematician, +1

[tableborder][tr][th][left]Ability[/left][/th] [th]Value[/th] [th][left]Specialty[/left][/th] [th]XP[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Animal Handling[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]horses[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Area Lore: Theban Tribunal[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]covenants[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Area Lore: Thessaloniki[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]people[/td] [td][center]10[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Artes Liberales (Greek)[/td] [td][center]7[/center][/td] [td]arithmetic[/td] [td][center]140[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Athletics[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]running[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Awareness[/td] [td][center]3[/center][/td] [td]alertness[/td] [td][center]30[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Bargain[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]books[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Brawl[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]dodge[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Charm[/td] [td][center]3[/center][/td] [td]making friends[/td] [td][center]30[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Code of Hermes[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]vis sources[/td] [td][center]25[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Concentration[/td] [td][center]2[/center][/td] [td]maintaining spells[/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dead Language: Latin[/td] [td][center]4[/center][/td] [td]hermetic usage[/td] [td][center]50[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dominion Lore[/td] [td][center]2[/center][/td] [td]angels[/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Etiquette[/td] [td][center]3[/center][/td] [td]church[/td] [td][center]30[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Finesse[/td] [td][center]4[/center][/td] [td]precision[/td] [td][center]50[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Folk Ken[/td] [td][center]2[/center][/td] [td]town folk[/td] [td][center]25[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Guile[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]disguising his identity[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Infernal Lore[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]demons[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Intrigue[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]gossip[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Leadership[/td] [td][center]2[/center][/td] [td]in the lab[/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Living Language: Arabic[/td] [td][center]4[/center][/td] [td]mathematics[/td] [td][center]50[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Living Language: Romaic Greek[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td] [td]ancient forms[/td] [td][center]75[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Magic Lore[/td] [td][center]2[/center][/td] [td]magical creatures[/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Magic Theory[/td] [td][center]8+2[/center][/td] [td]magic items[/td] [td][center]180[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Order of Hermes Lore[/td] [td][center]2[/center][/td] [td]House Ex Miscellanea[/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Organization Lore: Society of Alchemists[/td] [td][center]3[/center][/td] [td]initiation of others[/td] [td][center]40[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Parma Magica[/td] [td][center]4[/center][/td] [td]Mentem[/td] [td][center]65[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Penetration[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]Vim[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Philosophiae[/td] [td][center]2[/center][/td] [td]ritual magic[/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Profession: Diplomat[/td] [td][center]3[/center][/td] [td]trade negotiations[/td] [td][center]30[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Profession: Scribe[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]copying books[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Ride[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]staying on the horse[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Stealth[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]sneaking[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Swim[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]staying afloat[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Teaeching[/td] [td][center]2[/center][/td] [td]one-on-one[/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Theology[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]bible knowledge[/td] [td][center]20[/center][/td][/tr][/tableborder]
Arts

[tableborder][tr][th][left]Art[/left][/th] [th]Score[/th] [th]XP[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Creo[/td] [td][center]22[/center][/td] [td][center]255[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Intéllego[/td] [td][center]6[/center][/td] [td][center]21[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Muto[/td] [td][center]9[/center][/td] [td][center]52[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Perdo[/td] [td][center]6[/center][/td] [td][center]21[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Rego[/td] [td][center]10[/center][/td] [td][center]55[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Animál[/td] [td][center]6[/center][/td] [td][center]21[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Aquam[/td] [td][center]0[/center][/td] [td][center]0[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Auram[/td] [td][center]0[/center][/td] [td][center]0[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Corpus[/td] [td][center]20[/center][/td] [td][center]222[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Herbam[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td] [td][center]20[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Ignem[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td] [td][center]20[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Imáginem[/td] [td][center]8[/center][/td] [td][center]36[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Mentem[/td] [td][center]10[/center][/td] [td][center]55[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Terram[/td] [td][center]6[/center][/td] [td][center]21[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Vim[/td] [td][center]10[/center][/td] [td][center]65[/center][/td][/tr][/tableborder]

Spells
Aegis of the Hearth (20) (ReVi 20), ML 1(5), Penetration (1)
Chamber of Spring Breezes (CrAu 5)
Circle of Gift of Minor Strength (CrCo 40), ML 1(5), Quiet (1)
Circle of Gift of Minor Speed (CrCo 40), ML 1(5), Quiet (1)
Cloak of Duck's Feathers (ReAq 5), ML 1(5), Quiet (1)
Comfort of Drenched Traveler PeAq 5), ML 1(5), Quiet (1)
Curse of the Unruly Tongue (ReCo 5)
Divide the Gathered Essence (ReVi 25)
Doublet of Impenetrable Silk (MuAn 15), ML 1(5), Quiet (1)
Ear for the Distant Voice (InIm 5), ML 1(5), Quiet (1)
Gather the Essence of the Beast (ReVi 15)
Incantation of the Body made Whole (CrCo 40r), ML 1(5), Quiet (1)
Leap of Homecoming (ReCo 35)
Lift the Dangling Puppet (ReCo 15), ML 1(5), Multicast (1)
The Minute of Reckoning (ReVi 10), ML 1(5), Quiet (1)
Purification of the Festering Wounds (CrCo 20)
Recovery of the Terrible Disease (CrCo 20), ML 1(5), Quiet (1)
Revealed Flaws of the Mortal Flesh (InCo 10), ML 1(5), Quiet (1)
Voice of the Bjornaer Magus (MuAn 15), ML 1(5), Quiet (1)
Whispering Fingers (CrMe 5), ML 1(5), Quiet (1)
Wizard's Sidestep (ReIm 10), ML 1(5), Fast Cast (1)
Wizard's Vigil (30) (ReVi 30)

Powers in Familiar Bond
Disguise of the New Form (MuCo 30)
Ward the Cruel Touch of Pestilence (CrCo 45)

Rotes
Ears of the Hare (MuCo(An) 4)
Eyes of the Cat (MuCo(An) 4)
Eyes of the Cat (MuCo(An) 5)
Eyes of the Hawk (MuCo(An) 4)
Slipperiness of the Eel (MuCo(An) 4)
Track by Scent (MuCo(An) 4)
Webbed Toes of the Pond Dweller (MuCo(An) 4)
Unraveling the Fabric of Corpus (PeVi 5)
Unraveling the Fabric of Ignem (PeVi 5)
Unraveling the Fabric of Imaginem (PeVi 5)
Unraveling the Fabric of Vim (PeVi 5)
Unraveling the Fabric of Mentem (PeVi 5)
Unraveling the Fabric of Herbam (PeVi 5)
Aura of Ennobled Presence (pers.) (MuIm 5)
Aura of Childlike Innocence (pers.) (MuIm 5)
Aura of Beguiling Appearance (pers.) (MuIm 5)
Disguise of the Transformed Image (Pers) (MuIm 10)
Taste of the Spices and Herbs (MuIm 5)
Gauge the Magical Aura (InVi 3)
Gauge the Divine Aura (InVi 3)
Gauge the Infernal Aura (InVi 3)
Gauge the Faerie Aura (InVi 3)
Sense the Nature of Vis (InVi 5)
Scales of Magical Weight (InVi 5)
Smell Moderate Magic (InVi 10)
Incubus's Trick (MuCo 5)
Disguise of the New Body (MuCo 5)
Disguise of the New Visage (pers) (MuCo 10)
Preternatural Growth and Shrinking (pers) (MuCo 10)
Rise of the Feathery Body (ReCo 10)
Sealing the Lips (ReCo 10)
Spasms of the Uncontrolled Hand (ReCo 5)
Wizard's Leap (ReCo 15)
Bind Wound (CrCo 10)
Charm Against Putrification (CrCo 10)
Ward the Lesser touch of Pestilence (CrCo 15)
Cool Drink (PeIg 5)
Escape the Heat of the Day (PeIg 10)
Quench the Hearth Fire (PeIg 10)
Clean Tunic (ReTe 2)
Invisible Sling (ReTe 10), ML 1(5), Multicast (1)
Unseen Arm (ReTe 5)
Ward Versus Dirt (ReTe 5)
Wizard's Parry (ReTe 5), ML 1(5), Fast Cast
Apprentice's Delight (CrHe 5)
Clothe the Naked Form (CrHe 10)
Conjure the Sturdy Vine (CrHe 5)
Statim Sessio (CrHe 10)
Conjured Image (CrIm 10)
Notes of the Pleasant Music (CrIm 5)
Smells of a Pleasant Odor (CrIm 5)

Talisman

RING OF THE MAGUS [30/44]
Detect Surface Thoughts (ReMe 33)
Aura of Rightful Authority (ReMe 33)
Posing the Silent Question (InMe 33)
Catching the Eye (CrMe 33)
Failure to Fall (ReCo 28)
Hex of Slumber (ReMe 56)
Leap of Homecoming (ReCo 48)

ATTUNEMENTS
+5 Muto
+3 Corpus
+3 Vim
+4 Mind
+4 Imaginem
+3 Perdo
+3 Ignem
+2 Rego
+3 Terram

Magic Items

NUMEROLOGIST'S BOOK [2/29]
The Pocket Bible (MuAn 20)

ARCANE RING [18/22]
Cloak of Invisibility (PeIm 30)
Leap of a Single League (ReCo 40)
Phantom Image (MuIm 30)
Cloak of Silence (PeIm 33)
Wings of Daedalus (ReCo 40)

WAND OF FIRE [12/23]
Light without Flame (CrIg 30)
Quench the Raging Conflagration (PeIg 30)
Pilum of Fire (CrIg 58)

I've been figuring out Zacharias' family and have a basic family tree completed. He has three children and five grandchildren. This may be more than I need to figure out. But it helps me set the character's background and other details.

Zacharias = Anastatasia (65)

• Isaac (43), unmarried; has a longevity ritual

• Maria (40) = Theophilus Melitas (45); has elected not to have a longevity ritual to grow old with her husband
    [list][*] Helena (19)

• Theodorus (17)

• Daria (13)
    [/:m]
    [
    ] Gabriel (37) = Nereida (33); undecided about a longevity ritual

• Ignatius (14)

• Phillip (12)
    [/*:m][/list:u]

FWIW, I expect that Zacharias and Anastasia make themselves look slightly older than their actual appearance (Zacharias by magic, Anastasia by more mundane means). They still look surprisingly well-preserved for their years, but they shouldn't look freakishly so. Some of the family will be worked into the covenant, I'm sure. I already have some ideas.