1220.4 Where have ewe gone? (Fiona's season)

I didn't think so, but since she's been casting this spell silently and without gestures (i.e. showing off) I figured I'd better roll. When she's doing a straight unmodified casting, she won't if her casting score is high enough.

Probably, especially if the trail he's following is going the same way as the wagon trail. If it doesn't...hmm...she will keep Ivor with her and Brionne, and send the others to follow the wagon trail.

The trail and Brionne's scent are going the same direction.

I'd like some precision as to how you're doing what you're doing. Give me some contingencies and/or guidelines to work with.

Hrrm...well, she doesn't have any skills or spells especially helpful for tracking kidnappers through the fields. She does have decent Awareness and Survival. Don't think she's in a forest, so Intuition of the Forest wouldn't work...not that it may be that useful, as near as I can tell, though I have been wrong before.

Basically, she's going to be following the trail to see where it goes. She will, at some point, gather (or have one of the grogs gather) a meadow-muffin or two to take back, in case one of her sodales has any kind of useful Arcane Connection Intellego type spells.

She will, just in case they do come across anyone, cast Doublet of Impenetrable Silk on her clothing and that of anyone who wants it.

Sorry I don't have a better answer, but I'm drawing a blank on the details of what she's doing aside from just flat-out following the trail.

I'm thinking along the lines of how close to Brione, and deploying your forces in any particular manner.

Ah. Got it. Okay...don't want to let Brione get too far ahead, so definitely within Voice range...say, no more than ten or twenty yards/meters away. Closer if the trail gets into a forested area or brush or a copse or something.

We have, I think, Fiona, Brione, Ivor, and something like four or five other grogs total. So, it might be a good idea to have two or three backtrack the trail to see where it came from. Unfortunately, Fiona only has only the one wolf-pelt to cast the spell (which, ooc, feels too D&D-ish to me for some reason, but that's the way the spell's written up, ah well). So, I guess make sure the best tracker-in-human-form is going that way. And make sure everyone stays relatively close together as above.

The trail follows a road and goes for some time. At times Brionne loses the trail, but the wagon tracks never go away like the last time.

After a couple of hours, you're no closer to finding them, or the trail ending, and are reaching a point where you need to decide to head back and sleep in Paul-Henri's or deal with the night/weather. It seems to be getting colder and there are some dark clouds that the sun will go behind before sunset.

Is the trail going in more or less a straight line? e.g. if I look at it on a map, would I be able to make a reasonable estimate of where it would wind up if it keeps going?

Also, do the clouds like like bad weather (e.g. heavy rain or snow)? Int 1 + Survival 2 + die roll of ) = 8.

If the weather here reads the same as in Scotland, there's a snowstorm coming.

Give me an Int roll to adjudicate for the answer about where it's going.

Straight up Int roll? Int 1 + die roll of 3 = 4.

The path appears to be heading to road which will lead a bit further south than Astingani's recorded site.

Fiona eyes the approaching snow. She's fairly certain that she knows where the trail is headed, and doesn't want to risk anyone's health or life if they get stuck in the snow.

[color=blue]"Let's head back to Paul-Henri's farm, lads. We'll continue the rescue in the morn." She will make sure that someone has gathered up some horse-dung and packed it in something relatively air-tight for near-future use.

Fiona, et. al. were effectively kicked out of his house...

okay, doodled up a quick-yet-crappy sketch to see what's where as far as where to stay. Paul-Henri's paddock is half a day in good weather (say, 15 miles?) from Mons Electi, and his neighbor is supposedly 10 miles to his west. Although we have, I think, been traveling in a direction that would get us closer to the neighbor for a couple hours, if I'm understanding correctly. Now, we know where Paul-Henri's farm is, and we can more or less order him to let us stay there, even if it's in the barn, if we had to...but I don't think that would be a good business move. We don't know where the neighbor's farm is...unless Fiona remembers from reading the map a couple of days ago. Int 1 + die roll of 4 = 5...maybe not much help.

So, right now, I see our options as:

• Head back toward Mons Electi - not really a viable option, as I don't think we'd make it back until well after nightfall, and well after the snow hits, I think.
  • Head back to Paul-Henri's and take our chances there.
  • Try to find the neighbor's paddock - if we know about where it is and if Brione's wolf senses can help.
  • Pitch camp around here somewhere and try to wait out the storm. Both Fiona and Ivor have Survival, as does Brione, so that may be slightly doable.

Will hold off on deciding until we see what Fiona remembers, if anything (and if any other players have any ideas).

No clear idea where the neighbors paddock is in relation to where the party is. However, it might be possible to sneak in and sleep in the ram's barn from the ram of a few nights ago. Covenant would be well after nightfall, and probably later, as the storm will likely hit before you're back at the covenant.

The ram's barn is actually what I was leaning toward. So...as unseemly as it may be for a maga and her entourage to sneak into a barn for the night like a band of hobos, that's what we're going to do. Good thing Fiona has Stealth.

Assuming Brionne doesn't go in as a wolf you can probably manage it.

Go ahead and give me a stealth roll.

Dex 0 + Stealth 1 + die roll of 9 = 10 (as I don't think this counts as a "natural area"; if it does, then it's an 11).

And I can almost hear the grogs' jaws dropping when they see this 7'3" half-Giant going into Ninja mode :laughing:

(p.s. I just had this urge to find a D&D group, just so I can make a half-Giant Ninja!)

Brione is pacing in circles, his hackles raised as Lorna seems about to enter the barn. He almost forgot again, so lost was he in the form of the wolf that he could change back by casting off the pelt. After shrugging it off he whispers loudly. "Mam'selle! No...I smell magic!" in French.

Fiona stops and looks at Brione. [color=blue]"What kind?" she asks in French, then looks to Ivor to translate his answer.

[OOC Magic sensitivity doesn't allow for identifying kinds of magic, just detecting it.]