1220.OCC

Please do not do that. Chalk it up to an SG wanting to tell interesting stories and balancing it amongst the players of the troupe. Peregrine agreed to play an apprentice and is interested in those story possibilities. He did not agree to have a character develop without his input. There's a strong distinction there.

I would do the same thing if you were playing an apprentice and another player was dictating the full development. I may not bring a Bonisagus to snatch him away from his master, but I might bring a rich magus dangling a queen (more or less as appropriate) of Creo vis. Hard for most players to say no to something like that.

Hope this doesn't come as a shot across the bow Victor...but you're new here, you're like a guest, but you're really acting a bit too familiar with everyone, including the GM. The GM is not out to get you, or cheat you, or handicap you, just make interesting stories. Your participation is needed in that. The other players aren't out to do those things either. Acting like any of us are makes the stories antagonistic rather than cooperative.

Sorry to be the one to say it, but I've been reading these posts for a few days now and cringing each time with each new post.

And Jonathon sorry if I'm assuming too much here or basically stepping on your turf by bringing this up.

No. I have been exercising an abundance of caution. I previously had a vigorous discussion (argument) with another player on the forum, in a different game. I am attempting to get my point across without being overly confrontational.

And to state my point clearly, again, and in front of everyone. I'm interested in telling stories that are interesting to everyone. Stories involve conflict. Good stories involve pain and loss to the characters. It will happen to every character eventually where something happens that the player may not consider good for the character, but ultimately that's because he's too close to his character to see how he can grow from the experience.

Fiona's timid but interested in intrigue, she needs to grow out of her shell if she's going to be a force to be reckoned with, politically.
Alexei's bold but it's mostly a facade that hasn't been penetrated, yet. And when it doesn, what happens to his world?
I don't have a handle on Flitairn yet, but I haven't seen any play with him, and mostly just character stuff. However, Hitsumei and I had a long discussion about this saga, via PM, before joined. So he has a very deep understanding of the saga, and he also has some inside information (not a lot, and not enough to give him a leg up on anyone really). Even if he did, what he has shown me to date doesn't suggest he would take advantage of that information. I also feel the same with Peregrine and qcipher, that if they knew something they wouldn't automatically use it for maximum character advantage in an obvious way.

I'm not sure I have a handle on Methuselah. I'm having trouble differentiating between the character and the player. There are inconsistencies that need to be resolved, and they can be. Almost anything can be justified, and your writing and strenuous arguments demonstrate that you can write. I just need you to differentiate your character a bit more. You've made comments and assumptions about what your character thinks, and when I've offered some corrections, you haven't really backed up some things. So I don't know what you think your character knows.

I need you to step back a bit and think about your character's motivation, Victor. He wants to be political, but he's very selfish and has deficient political skills. He expects to be praised for his work, and while his writing is very good, it is, as I've said, probably seen as vain to try and write as much as he does instead of conducting original research someone of his skill should be doing. He might present it slightly differently, but it's not new information, per se. Murion, will be a tough act to follow in her role as Primus, and since she's only 98, you're going to have a long wait for her to step aside, and she has ambitious goals. Assuming that they don't blow up in her face, it'll be tough. Also, assume that she could've procured one of the best Longevity Rituals available, from someone like you, but is better. There can always be someone better. Someone who takes risks in the lab and gets luck a lot. Someone who, while researching Longevity Rituals, discovers a way to double their effectiveness? You are one of ~100 in your House. Not a number, certainly, but the Order is much larger, and some ex Misc out there could have a tradition you don't know about.
Don't fight me, allow the story to develop. This constant I want stuff has to stuff, or it just won't happen. I know what you want, I know how to take you there. I think it could be an interesting story for everyone. Let the story unfold as it will. Adjust your expectations of pacing, too. Things will unfold as I need them to unfold.

For some reason, a scene from Babylon 5 just popped in my head, in which Delenn says something like "I'm not saying a thing. I didn't say anything then, and I'm not saying anything now."

Tired and geeky...a bad combination.

I'm not remembering that scene. Obviously, I must rewatch B5 from start to finish to find it.

In other news...

Yes, I went there.

Andre...the Giant?

You'll see...

I had the same thought.

It was in the telemovie In The Beginning, it popped up something like three times between Delenn and a couple of others, one of the Grey Council and one of the Rangers, iirc.

facepalm I'm a wrestling geek, and I missed that. gah!

I'm not sure I remember seeing it. I kinda stopped watching B5 religiously when it went to TNT and basketball moved it all over their schedule. Got too hard to follow it.

It's worse than that. I also dropped a Princess Bride (picture) reference at the beginning of the Miles story...

That, I caught - Xander looking like Vincenzo. qcipher even replied with his Catchphrase.

hmmm...need to find someone cheap (or free) who can do a pic of Fiona...I tinkered with HeroMaker and that didn't look right. And of my two artist friends, neither one has a style that I think would work.

Soooo...does Filtiarn's weasel look anything like this?

You gotta a problem with that? :laughing:

It may be a bit too soon to call it "Fieltarn weasel, although if he does look like this I wouldn't mind... I'd just suggest a check of the SG's sanity. :laughing:

BTW, Jonathan : about Fieltarn's "indelicate footwork", you're putting it lightly 8) , I must have made... what? like one ability roll above 3 so far... I'm onto a great start! lol.))

o.O :open_mouth:

Didn't see that one coming, didja?

No...and if they keep the doors closed and window shades drawn tight, no one else will, either.

Arf. 8)
And in the meantime I'm wondering if I'm not about to have to brew another character concept sometimes pretty soon, after a touching period of mourning over Fieltarn. Well, fingers crossed. Halas I have to go now, I barely slept over these last two days - so, back tomorrow.

Just so I know how big of a whopper to tell Jacques, when does Feltiarn arrive at Mons Electi?

Umm, you don't. :slight_smile: He's being introduced here...