1221.4 Hazy Shade of Winter

Sorry, yes, all the confidence of that story was restored.

In this case, the confidence point is unspent, since it would not make a difference, the wolf is killed.

Err... So, did it change anything, about them wanting the tusks and Fieltarn giving them, or... ??

Nope...

Fieltarn takes the tusks and gives them to the wolves, his mood going a bit sourer by the minute...

"- Ah, here they are. If I may ask, is the wilderness so devoid of other preys, nowadays?"

"As you know he is a special beast. Give us the tusks and we will be gone."

Fieltarn nods, dropping the tusks in front of the dominant wolf.

He grabs the tusks and consumes them. "Thank you." He turns and he and the pack make directly towards the ruined temple.

"To avoid future... blunder of etiquette, just tell me would you : is the ruined temple part of your territory? Your home ground?

"It is a gateway. If you transform now, you can travel through, brother wolf."

My, they are quite perceptive. Thinks Fieltarn, and it is getting late I suppose...

((assuming that yes, the night is coming, Fieltarn answers the following... ))

"I accept your invitation."
Let's just hope that I'll regain my wits, and not pass into some ever-moonlitted realm. But I owe the opportunity to the shadow-wolf. After all, I found a covenant but He too, must long for the company of his kin...

(and to his companions, in French)
"The situation here is resolved, for the time being at least. Please, see that Helmut and Vincent's family are safe. As for myself, we-- I'll have to follow them, and for everyone's sake it's better that I go alone. Still, in case you'd see or hear any... stragger, I'd appreciate no more flying arrows, eh?He adds with a smile that does not touch his eyes... that now shows a eerily yellow shine, hinting at something... not fully human."Whilhem, that was an impressive shot, but I suggest that you personally do not leave the cottage until dawn. I know another wolf that might not be as... understanding as these. Nor as easy to shoot." He smiles again, a bit ferrally...

... and quickly gives his belongings to Daffyd, including his iron shackles and Ogmios' knife, up to his heavy coat and trousers.
"Hmm... I have a bundle of spare clothes in this bag, just leaves it... by this post here, would you? I'd appreciate it. Damn, it's freaking cold!"

(to the wolves)
"I'm coming, lead the way brothers!".
(and he runs with the wolves, glancing at the rising moon)

The wolves disappear into the temple of Janus, except one stays behind to wait for Fieltarn to change. After Fieltarn transforms into a wolf he follows the other wolf into the temple...

After a few days of being a wolf, Fieltarn awakes in what appears to be an oppulently appointed temple of Janus, as if it had never been ruined. The wolves are not present, nor can he see that anyone else is around, and he has no recollection of the events that took place while he was transformed.

Wilhelm goes with (presumably) the others into the cabin, leaving the body of the slain wolf outside...not without some regret, as that's a fine-looking pelt, and he'd rather not leave it where it can be damaged by any scavengers. But nor would he bring the bloody thing into the cabin, either.

He sets up watch by one of the windows, his bow unstrung but close at hand. Shortly after dark, he tenses and starts to reach for the bow, but then relaxes and moves his hands back into his lap. He will keep his vigil through the night.

The next morning, he will venture out to at the very least try to retrieve his arrow (if it's undamaged) and, barring objection from the others and if the body's unmolested by the other wolves or scavengers, skin the wolf. I believe that's Survival, using Dex for "manipulate objects accurately and skillfully" and "fine motor control." If so, Dex 2 + Survival 5 + die roll of 1 (followed by a die roll of 4, for 8 ) = 15. Wolves aren't generally considered "game," so no specialty bonus...although he may be poor enough to make some wolf chili.

If the group is still there by afternoon, as Fieltarn has not reappeared, he will as the other how long they should wait for the magus.

The wolves did leave the wolf, and Willhelm can get a nice pelt from it. Fieltarn does not reappear by afternoon.

After 30 more years, such circumstances are familiar to Fieltarn, so his thoughts don't linger on his blank memory as he looks around to tray and take his bearings, on the other hand his interest is piqued by the pristine aspect of the temple...
Fascinating. I must be into a regio, my sodales will want to hear about that...

I hope everything went fine at the cottage... I wasn't much of a leader. I'll have to think about that, too.
But first things first...
And he spontaneously casts a fatiguing ReIg spell to ward his body from the cold, Resilient Warmth of Lug's Vigil
Aiming for an effective level 6 (Base 4, Pers./Ind./+2 Sun) => Rego10 Ig/Co 0/7(0) +1Sta + roll of 2 : 13/2 = 6.

That being done, Fieltarn takes a deep breath, clears his mind, and shifts his senses so as to try and look beyond the material aspect of his surroundings... looking for any peculiarities of regio (boundaries, paths maybe, or some other phenomenon)
=> +1Per +3Second Sight +1Regios specialty + roll of 6 = 11.

Fieltarn can see what looks like it might be a regio entrance, or in this case an exit, but it seems as if he is looking at a remnant. As if it is currently closed.

Right... It would be just my luck now to be kept here for the next hundred years He thinks in self-irony, repelling as best as he can a growing sense of concern. No time for panicking now... or perhaps all the time in the world so-- ah, stop it!! Focus!

Fieltarn memorizes at least the position of the closed "portal" - might be of interest to someone else less pitifully skilled in Vim than myself, someday... then he turns around and goes straight into the Temple, alert and cautious but decided to make the most of his current whereabouts...

((ooc : slaps oneself I forgotten again... but is it day or night? (if it matters at all, the place being a regio and all...). If day (most probable), Fieltarn's naked-butt might still be shivering actually... ))

Before Fieltarn, standing tall at the center of the temple is the two faced Roman god, Janus. In the out stretched hand reaching towards the east are 10 coins.
It is daytime. Morning at best guess. It is, strangely not cold.

Oh, good. One less fatigue level then.
Fieltarn cast a (fatiguing) spontaneous InVi spell to determine if the statue or the coins are magical, and depending on his spell's power, of what realm.
=>+1Sta +8In +4Vi -3 CyclicMagic(day) +x from Aura probably + roll of 2: 12/2 = 6.

You can, if you'd like wait for nightfall for Fieltarn to cast the spell, nothing is pressing, although searching for a way out might be a good use of time.

Also, in this instance, since you didn't describe the effect (it was really vague), your spontaneous spell to detect magic, everything shows as being magical, and you can't differentiate enough...