1221.OoC

So any decisions about the running of the turb? If we want to make it simple, we assign an Imperator, perhaps permanently. If Alexei is offered that he'd want to know whether or not he could be Princeps again or if Imperator was a rotating position. He'd also likely take on Jacques as a second and also to mentor in the ways of running the turb and rising in the ranks of the Flambeau if he'd want it.

If an Imperator position is what we'd want we'd have to decide on responsibilities and limits as well.

Here's the thing. Who's turb are they?
The disposition of Atsingani needs to be resolved in the council thread. Depending on that resolution certain things play out differently. For example, if they remain a vassal covenant, Alexei would still have his turb, and would be the supreme commander of the combined turbs, but it would be a favor that they request from the vassal and Jacques controls that turb. If Atsingani remains a vassal, it is conceivable that some of their turb could leave Atsingani and join Mons Electi. Not everyone in the turb has been happy living a life of brigandage. Some have families that they never see and would do much to change that circumstance. With a rich covenant, underserved by a turb, and now friendly to Atsingani generally I can forsee some migration to Mons Electi, if the covenants don't merge.

With Viviana passed out, and the Verditius being quiet, it is up to Jacques to decide the course of Atsingani. That decision (whatever is chosen by the players or troupe) is guided by prophesy. As far as Jacques character motivation is concerned, whatever course of action is, it is fait accompli. The difficult issue is one the troupe needs to resolve, how you want to integrate the covenants, as a vassal or as part of Mons Electi. Once that decision is made the story can better unfold. And as I've said, I have no truck in this discussion as to the status of Atsingani. It's an option I put out there for the troupe to decide. That Apollodorus mentions something should not be construed as a desire by the SG to write the saga in a specific direction. It is quite likely that had the magi of Atsingani responded to his call for Magi that none of your characters would be here; his motivation was to manage the enterprise he had developed and give him time to pursue his painting and sculpting.

((I did not mean to disrespect the process other than my own. I tend to have to submerge myself in a character so I can respond correctly. That is why is takes time when I have to switch characters for different threads. For a while I've been absorbed in Jacques. Now I'm having to dig up Korvin's knowledge again and ignore the Jacques stuff. Which meant finding the notes on what Korvin knows (which was in a PM from you) That is what I meant by the comment.))

Moved this post into the OCC thread.
I didn't take it as disrespect, not at all, I want to be clear about that. I did see an opportunity for Korvin to have interaction with the established Mercere House in this part of the Tribunal, and he could invite himself along as Tria visits Cunfin. So I presented it. This is actually a side story for your character, and doesn't have much to do with what I actually had planned. Although, don't feel as if you have to rush through this to get to what I did have planned. That can either happen or not.

My main purpose was getting feedback to make sure I wasn't pushing you into a story and it didn't feel natural to your character...

I have been thinking about what Jacques would do and I think he would accept the offer to join Mons Electi. It could only help him in his long term goal. He would pull in as many of the Atsingani turb as he could. I would think that Viviana would want to stay as a vassal since it was passed down from here parens. So it could be split.

I think we have consensus, then, that the magi of Atsingani will join Mons Electi.

D'oh! And I just called for a motion in the Council Meeting thread, too!

Ah, well, might as well make it official, then.

Never call a Scotswoman Irish... :smiley:

At least she didn't say Stonehenge...it would've been on like neckbone! :laughing:

Bah all them Islanders are crazy :laughing:

Hey, they all speak Gaelic in the 13th century.

...And they all look the same.

And it looks like we might have a situation with the vote. We currently have three votes in favour.

Currently pending responses from chicoazian, Mad Max, and Hitsumei, none of which have been on in over a week.

Looking back through the thread, it appears that Fieltarn would likely vote aye, Jormungand appears to be leaning toward "nay," and Onesiphorus appears to lean toward "nay" as well.

I'm leaning toward waiting until we hear for sure from our sodales, but it also appears that we may not have the unanimous vote required to invite Atsingani to be probationary members. I'm loathe to assume that none of the three will change their votes, though.

Input/suggestions/advice?

What's Fiona's vote going to be?

Because how she votes will affect how I answer the question.

Fiona was actually going to try to avoid voting. If the vote had come to her without a single nay, then she would vote aye and yield to the overwhelming voice of the Council. If there were any nays, then she would simply say that since there is not a unanimous vote to invite any or all of Atsingani, the vote fails and they remain as vassals of Mons Electi.

The, if anyone wants to raise the issue of asking any of the magi singly as opposed to as a group, as this motion was presented, then we can do that. Likewise, if anyone wants to go back to "do we want to keep them as vassals."

My preference would be for players to vote their character's conscience. So if Fiona isn't feeling it vote no.

That being said, in my opinion, Jormangund really shouldn't be against anyone joining the council, he just joined himself and to have the benefactor of Mons Electi, Apollodorus, indicate his desire and then to so rudely ignore it, well, that's an interesting path to take.

As far as Mad Max, my opinion there is that he has not been present enough for his character to vote no. If a player wants to play an agent provocateur, or a contrarian, then he needs to be present more. This extends to chicoazian, to some extent, too.

As it stands now, I'm leaning toward saying everyone else who hasn't posted in a week is voting yes, and I'll brook no truck.

Okay, so is that the clock starts now and they have a week to vote or it's a whatever the opposite of a pocket veto is, or is it since they haven't posted in a week, they have voted yes? (just like clarification so I know how long to wait)

Since they haven't posted in a week, or more, they've voted yes.

Apologies to all, I meant to only be gone a weekend, NOT a week. ATM Installs and work dispatching seriously took over last week and killed me. Jormungand would have voted with Jacques's preference, so he would have voted yes. I'll go back and hit up my season's thread this evening.

I hope you didn't take what I said personally. I understand things come up, believe me.

definitely not! :slight_smile: My post was of apology, not snideness. I really didn't mean to be gone for a week. Dominic's snarky response has been screaming for an outlet! :smiley: