1221.t Scavenger Hunt and Closing Ceremonies

Fiona's Awareness is Per 0 + Awareness (Searching) 4 + stress die.

• 14 + 6 = 20
  • 14 + 7 = 21
  • 14 + 4= 18
  • 14 + 5= 19
  • 14 + 8= 22
  • 14 + 9= 23
  • 14 + 4= 18
  • 14 + 5 = 19
  • 14 + 0 (botch die comes up a 2) = 14
  • 14 + 1, followed by another 1, followed by a roll of 9 = 14 + (9x2x2=36) = 50.

Fiona's Intellego is 5, so the die results are:

• 35 + 7 = 42
  • 35 + 7 = 42
  • 35 + 4 = 39
  • 35 + 7 = 42
  • 35 + 5 = 40
  • 35 + 6 = 41
  • 35 + 1 (followed by a die roll of 7) = 35 + 14 = 49
  • 35 + 5 = 40
  • 35 + 0 (botch check comes up a 1) = 35
  • 35 + 2 = 37

I'll roll the other teams tonight. I put everyone together, excluded Jormungand from the Awareness check.

I also need to roll Magic Addiction for Marcus tonight, which may alter some of the rolls above.

It took me a couple of minutes for it to click that you had gone in and edited the numbers for the putting everyone together...I saw the "9+36=50", knew that that wasn't what I had posted a while ago, edited it to what it was, then saw that everything had been ramped up by 10, and went back and re-re-edited. um...whoops (on my part).

So...I'm thinking we found at least one of the mundane items (#10).

Mons Electi placed 4th in the Scavenger Hunt. Man that was a lot of die rolling. Montverte placed 3, Florum 2nd and Confluensis 1st (what would you expect from a bunch of Quaesitores?). Le Maison did not compete in the Scavenger Hunt, since it was of their design.

Tournament results

[tableborder][tr][td][/td] [td]Dimicatio[/td] [td]Hastillidium[/td] [td]Certamen Tournament[/td] [td]The Joust[/td] [td]The Melee[/td] [td]Scavenger Hunt[/td] [td]# of Magi[/td] [td]Total[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Mons Electi[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]36[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Le Maison[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]35[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Cunfin[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]35[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Confluensis[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]34[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Coenobium#1[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]32[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Montverte[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]27[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Florum[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]25[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Coenobium#5[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]20[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Exspactatio[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]17[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Oleron[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]12[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Coenobium#3[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]11[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Nidi[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]9[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Beauxbâtons[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]9[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Coenobium#2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]9[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dragon's Rest[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]7[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Atramentum[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]7[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Eboris[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]7[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Lapis Crudus[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]6[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Coenobium#4[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Unnamed[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]6[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Spider's Rest[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Atsingani[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Requies[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Fudarus[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td][/tr][/tableborder]

Mons Electi has achieved the Siege of Normandy, and has won 31 prize pawns to be redeemed. Le Maison is 49 years older than Cunfin, and achieves the Siege of Valor. Florum was able to keep the Siege of Notatus from Montverte. An unnamed Normandy covenant has the Siege of shame, and receives no prize pawns. Spider's Rest achieved the Siege of Alms, an ignoble prize. The Siege of Alms gets more prizes, but it is expected that they share their prize with those placing lower than they do.

Prize pawns can be redeemed for 1 Tropaea, a vis source (no greater than 10 pawns, but the larger it is the less likely it will be close by) or up to 10 prize pawns can be redeemed for cold hard vis, in the amount of 5 pawns of form or 3 pawns of technique per prize pawn. Also, at each opportunity to redeem pawns, a book or item can be requested, in addition to the vis above. Books and items cost 1 pawn per 5 build points. If rounding is necessary, use the house rule.

Some books are listed below. Other books may be possible, if you want something, let me know. If you want an item, talk to me about it, and we will play it by ear.

The Babble Within Thought, by Hicuccus of
Criamon, Summa on Mentem, Level
12, Quality 11. Build Points: 23
The Dismal Itch, by Azenis of Tytalus.
Summa on Corpus, Level 10, Quality
11. Build Points: 21
De Lapii, by Jeremias filius Guernicus.
Summa on Terram, Level 17, Quality
14 (this is one of the Branches
of the Arts, see Covenants, page 93)
Build Points: 31
Insights from Twilight, by Perpauca Bonisagi.
Summa on Magic Theory, Level
6, Quality 11. Build Points: 28
Mirrors of the Soul, by Perpauca Bonisagi,
Summa on Imaginem, Level 12,
Quality 16. Build Points: 28
The Mole’s Work, by Adanos Lutorum of
Tytalus. Lab Texts for Rock of Viscid
Clay, Earth That Breaks No More, and
The Forgiving Earth. Build Points: 11
The Peril of Phoebos, by Perpauca Bonisagi,
Tractatus on Ignem, Quality 11.
Build Points: 11
The Primal Power, by Peter of Uist. Summa
on Aquam, Level 9, Quality 17.
Build Points: 26
Research Notes on Aegis of the Hearth, by Notatus
and others. Tractatus on Mastery
in Aegis of the Hearth, Quality 11,
plus a Lab Text of a 20th-level version
of the spell. Build Points: 15
Subtle Knives, by Jacinda of Flambeau.
Summa on Penetration, Level 5,
Quality 8. Build Points: 23
Unveiling the Tempest, by Daniel Tonatris.
Summa on Auram, Level 8, Quality
12. Build Points: 20

One note about the unnamed covenants, players can feel free to make up a spring covenant for these, if they should so desire.
While Mons Electi is technically a Spring covenant. If you want to undertake such an exercise, that is fine with me.

Atsingani was not present, and did not participate, due to Viviana's wish that they not have to directly interact with Montverte, just yet.

I'm sorry, but one of them just has to be Beauxbâtons. :laughing:

Done!

Boo hiss.

waves Slytherin flag proudly

By the way, Coenobium #1 is Marcus's He and the guy from the Joust split the 13 prize pawns proportionally, Marcus gets 11, he gets two, as the other competitors didn't influence their position, or even rank in their events.

Oh, and don't jump in and discuss what kinds of prizes you want to select. No, that'd be bad.

You didn't count their position... :laughing:

Fiona watches as the hosts post the final results. When she sees Mons Electi's name at the top of the board, her jaw drops in surprise.

[color=blue]"We won? We won? We won!" She hugs each of her sodales in turn (even Apollodorus), and lifts Ulrich off the ground to give him a quick squeeze – although she gives Jormungand a kiss on the lips as she hugs him.

31 prize pawns, eh?

I wouldn't mind having a Tropaea in the moderate to high range (say, 5-7 pawns) – Perdo, Rego, Herbam, and/or Vim. No, Fiona doesn't have any plans for the vis, why would you ask? :smiley:

Perhaps a copy of Subtle Knives (5 pawns)? Or The Primal Power (also 5 pawns)?

Any chance that a copy of Lycanthropi Londinensisi would be up for grabs? (which, at 34 bp, would be 7 pawns) (not that I'm obsessive or anything)

Other than that, I'm easy. I'm thinking we might wind up cashing in the prizes for straight up vis.

Wait....what?

Hate it when like three posts come in while I'm working on my reply. 's what I get for thinking too hard :laughing:

I would like a 5-7 pawn Tropaea of Corpus Or Creo. Other than that, I have no interest in any of the books listed.

Just sayin'

"My sodales I salute you!" Alexei howls in triumph! He then takes a knee. "But for the grace of God, this victory could not happen. I thank thee Lord for the strength and tenacity and skill to win this great contest." ((Channleing Tebow here :laughing: ))

Alexei would like vis of course, but for his money the book Subtle Knives has some definite appeal.

I would like to see some consensus as to how the pawns are going to be redeemed. You can also try colluding with Marcus.

I think this is a good idea too.

I'd like to point out the L17Q14 book on Terram is fairly robust, and I see at least three or four characters that could benefit from it. And

We do owe Marcus for helping out and should ask him if any of the books interest him, or if he's in particular need of vis we can cash in for him.

Marcus is getting 11 prize pawns. He can walk away with up to 55 pawns of Vis (form). However collusion could yield a greater share of spoils.