1222.2b The Fall of Night

OOC : Master of? Crafter of? Where is? I think JL is assuming her char design is smarter than I am....

See the inserts on page 38 and 39 of RoP:Magic

I don't think defined where the focus power for Thera is. Master of and Crafter of are examples of the focus power...

It is, although it needed some searching and, IMO, it is quite fine :smiley:

This would be any effect related to webs/traps.

Obviously, not the "hole with spikes" trap, but the spidery ones.

"Blast!" Alexei snarls as he practically falls on his face. 'My Pater would have taken a rod to my back for trying to make a jump without proper footing! Fool!' he rails at himself for his mistake as he struggles to get back up quickly and back into the chase.

((As I understand it Alexei can't act otherwise just yet, correct?))

He can do the normal leap for the round, the fast-cast tripping means he isn't running anymore, and loses this round of gaining on him.

Alexei pauses just moment to make sure he has proper footing and to get his spear ready before calling upon his magic and leaping towards his fleeing quarry again.

((There's not chance he'll mess up a normal leap, it's just fast casting that adds extra botch dice))

If I were a cruel SG, I could say that the finesse botch discombobulated Alexei enough to impose additional botch dice. :Muhahaha

But, no, the leap is fine.

The arrows Jacques throws are too far out of range.
Alexei and the magus both appear to be leaping toward the entrance to Viscaria's sanctum. Something odd appears to be happening to the entrance, it appears to be closing.

[color=blue]"It's no use trying to run, lad!" Fiona yells at the fleeing magus. [color=blue]"Escape is impossible! Surrender now, and know that justice will be swift. Resist, and your fate will be horrible!

I guess Thera is just scrambling to catch up, if we've ruled her Focus powers can't create traps at Sight range.

But his bow has twice the range of the spell. i was unsure if he could move while reloading but if he can he will.

Didn't meant to not reply to this for so long. I thought the spell had the same range as a short bow?

The spell does but his long bow has a range of 30.

I was thinking you had short bow, for some reason.

It's still a long ways away. I'll look back and see if you hit last round, and give you the benefit of shooting from the bow. If you didn't roll at all, I'll need a roll. If you rolled for finesse or spell, I'll use the highest of those two to determine whether you hit and AA.

The first shot was with a bow that they blocked. the 2nd that hit was with a spell. It takes 3 rounds to reload the bow so I was waiting until Rd 5. But Jacques also called the Crows to try and fly in her face to slow her down.

Attack Roll with Long bow 1d10=6 + 14 = 20

Out of curiosity, where does it say it takes 3 rounds to reload the bow? Seems inordinately long to string an arrow (18 seconds), draw and aim the shot. I've been loking for this since you posted it, and I can't find it, and I don't ever reading or making note of this.

You are right. i was thinking crossbows.

Fiona turns, and then starts making a lumbering beeline toward Apollodorus's sanctum...or the regio entrance. Over there by the hole in the parapet somewhere.

Into the castle, up the stairs towards the regio entrance that was 50 feet in the air (as described in builds a covenant thread), but is now inside a parapet, close to Apollodorus' quarters.
Up the stairs, and she stands at the regio entrance. "Circle 1 and a half times, but no more. You must not cross over, but must stay in the middle, anchoring this regio entrance to the mortal world." Fiona, Ulrich and Theraposa all hear Apollodorus' disembodied voice.

She didn't have to go, the results could've been just as interesting...

I'm ruling that Jacques could've hit with arrows (substituting rolls made for other actions), adding additional light wounds before the magus is out of range.

Meanwhile Alexei closes the gap on the magus and the entrance to Viscaria's sanctum stops closing. It's stopped moving and just wide enough for someone to squeeze through. Alexei will get two rounds to try and dispatch or apprehend the magus. By the way, a leap on the other side of the entrance is ill-advised as it is sufficiently well closed to not be able to see how deep the closing fissure was.

Fiona will do as Apollodorus asks, and set herself staunchly in the entrance...she's not sure what she's bracing for, but she's not going to yield. She's also (if possible) keep on eye on both sides of the regio.