1222.2b The Fall of Night

How's Alexei getting the magus out of the place he's trapped in?

I wasn't certain Alexei was still on his feet or anything, he rolled only a 4 on the Str+Size roll. If he's on his feet and capable of moving he's going to examine the magus and see if he's trapped between the doors only or (gruesome) part in and part out of a regio.

I thought the effect was clear, those who failed ended up on their back. I didn't think it necessary to say anything beyond that. That magus is now well wedged in the crack/entrance. He is not outside of the regio, or in a higher level, he never reached that entrance.

((OK my bad. With what happened to a certain giant blooded maga at the same time I didn't want to assume that he simply fell over and that was it.))

Alexei quickly gets on his feet and looks about him to see if there are other threats. Once that has been ascertained he returns to his would-be prisoner who seemed stuck or wedged in the entrance.

((Alexei starts pulling carefully by the shoulders of the magus if those parts are available. If he still is stuck he'll use his staffe for leverage, wedging it into the opening and trying to lever it open; the staff is unbreakable and unebndable so should make a decent lever. If that gives some room he'll try to shift the magus out. If that doesn't work he'll cast a spell on the entrance: Object of Increased Size to make it larger and widen the opening and pull the magus free.))

The shockwave caused the fleeing magus to get wedged even deeper/harder. Pulling on his shoulder is ineffective, pulling with any strength is likely to dislocate the magus' shoulder.
This isn't a doorway, but a cave entrance[1], and the staff isn't unbreakable if Alexei were to try and put it up against the immovable mountanside, and he quickly realizes it.

[1]If Viscaria put a doorway in, it would be a bit further into the cave, beyond the entrance to the next level of the regio. Iosephus wouldn't have cared, since his lab was open to the elements, we'll say the prevailing wind blows directly into the cave.

Iosephus's lab sanctum entrance was Disguised. The open to the elements bit is presumably a different opening in the wall somewhere with no path. However, this is happening in a season where Theraphosa is working on the lab, so we can say that the entrance is open.

Thera continues looking for a hole. Traps and secret doors, she knows. Inexplicable and brief portals are probably beyond her instinct. She grumbles about one-way links to her magus as she looks.

((His staff should be unbreakable, he has a permanent and constant enchantment on it called "Wood that neither breaks nor bends" but with how it's described he likely can't move the entrance any way, he'd simply fail but not break (or bend!) his staff.))

"My but you've really gotten yourself stuck in there haven't you." Alexei murmurs as he fails to budge him. Alexei takes a moment or two as he examines the entrance he's stuck in and then concentrates on his magic and touches his staff to it.

((Casting a Spontaneous spell here.

Destroy the Shackling Rock PeTe
R: Touch D: Momentary T: Part

Destroy a small section of stone from a wall, entrance or structure, the part is roughly as big as a unit of weight equal to 1 Stone. (May have to adjudicate this a bit, don't have my book with me)

Sta +2 Pe 11 +Te 10 + Aura 5 +3 Special Circumstance +4 talisman bonus destroy things at a distance (might not apply to Touch range) Total: 35 (or 31 if Talisman property doesn't work)

Alexei will spend a Fatigue but I can't make a roll right now, if anyone would like to I'm fine with that. Otherwise when I get home in a few hours.))

Base 3 : destroy earth. +1 stone. +1 Touch. +1 part = PeTe 10.

Should work even without the Talisman. Since I just rolled a botch, I'll let somebody else roll for you :slight_smile:

DOh! I am utterly cursed. I really am.

No, I meant that Viscaria just botched, so I'm not going to touch dice for you.

35 + die roll of 1 (followed by a die roll of 3, for a die total of 6) = 41 ÷ 2 = 20. Or, if the Talisman isn't applicable, 31 + 6 = 37 ÷ 2 = 18.

Enough stone is destroyed and he falls to the ground.

((Woohoo! I'm blessed! Sorry I didn't get back sooner, I run a game of Rogue Trader on Sunday nights after I get home from work.))

After casting the spell Alexei takes a deep breath and pulls the magus back and out of the entrance and checks to see if he's still alive before he starts binding him thoroughly.

((Thorough binding includes tying him at the wrist and also the thumbs and shoving a gag into his mouth and taking away magic items and vis.))

Alexei is able to secure him, his wound is pretty bad, he's at Incapacitated, and without healing, I'll be making a recovery roll for him at Sunrise.
Some grogs do come up with a litter to help take the man down the side of the mountain.
What is everyone else doing?

Once he sees that Alexei has everything handled with the runner, Jacques will head back to check on everyone at the Covenant proper. I'm sure he doe not know what has happened to Fiona or Apollodorus.

(( this could be tricky. Sorry, I don't have my book with me, what is the level of CrCo spell that can be used to recover from Incapacitated? i think it is a minimum level, a standard healing bonus might not do it? Since he has to make the roll at sunrise a spell cast now that ends at Sunrise, would that help him?))

IMO, the only spell that could do it is Incantation of the Body Made Whole could do it, as it heals all damage to a human body. It does take time to cast, but I would suspend the die roll if the ritual had begun before sunrise. I think that this is moot, as I believe Korvin is the only one who knows this spell, and he is currently away.

Guideline for "Heal an Incapaciting Wound" is Level 30, +1 for Touch, +2 for Sun/Ring, +3 for Moon. Se, we're looking at a Level 45/50. Momentary would be 35, but that would have to be a Healing Ritual, which can't be sponted.

Base 3 is "Prevent all of a target's wounds from getting any worse", if you want to go that route. +1 Touch, +2 Sun or +3 Moon, so a Moon duration would be Level 15.

Right, I'm not trying to do a healing ritual, but something to give his own healing rolls, or in this cae recovery roll a large enough bonus. IF the spell is cast right (and penetrates) he should get a bonus on his roll that takes him from Inc. to Heavy.

Oh. Okay. Guideline has Level 1 for a +1 bonus to Recovery rolls. Level 2: +3. Level 3: +6. Level 4: +9. Level 5: +12. Level 10: +15. Level 15: +18. That's as high as the Guideline chart goes.