1222.2b The Fall of Night

Ahh, well, the MRB has numerous guidelines for giving bonuses to recovery rolls. I thought you wanted the person to recover all the way from Incapacitated, not be aided in natural healing, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Level: Bonus to Recover roll
Level 1: +1
Level 2: +3
Level 3: +6
Level 4: +9
Level 5: +12
Level 10: +15
Level 15: +18

Pick yer poison, of course, lower levels are going to result in higher penetration.

Korvin has such a device in his Sactium. But you will have to =break the code to get to it.

((Alexei wouldn't know he had it anyway, and it has to penetrate))

((OK, so Alexei is going to try and give the best bonus he can and still penetrate.

Speed the Recovery of the Near Fatal Wound CrCo
R: Touch (+1) D: ??? T: Ind
Base 4 (+9 bonus to Recovery roll) +1 for R

Duration is the question. If he casts it at Sun, now, would the spell even affect the target when he makes his Recovery roll at Sunrise? If he waits until Sunrise, will the magic give him the benefit for the roll? Should I just raise the Duration to Moon? Or is it better to use Diameter or Concentation and cast right around Sunrise? If I wait til Sunrise he'll also drop his Parma, would it be tool late? I'd need to know these. He has blood from the target so that can help his Penetration. Ideas?

Here is Alexei's total:
Sta +2 Cr +14 Co +16 Aura +5 Special Circumstances +3 Amber stone +3 Grand gestures +1 Booming Voice +1 = 45 (that's about all I can think of to add to this before putting in vis)

Penetration 4 x 3 (or x 4?) for Blood +12/16 extra Penetration

Once Thera gives up on searching for Fiona, she'll head over to Alexei and the prisoner. I believe she's still under Fiona's spells, making her a Small woman, clad in a form fitting white spidersilk dress. "He could escape my webs with neither gesture nor word. These bindings will not keep him here. May I try something?"

Theraphosa intends to bite him, just enough to inject her paralytic poison. (OOC: We haven't done anything with her poison, and but I've stat'd it as a super-potent, natural paralytic. Ease Factor 15. Not sure if this would actually keep him from casting spells.)

After this, she will see about the structural damage done to the covenant, and use her mundane webs to stabilize anything in danger of falling apart further. My spirit-sister may be able to restore this place when she returns. I had best not send her anymore messages, though. They say she is grave danger. Again, she wishes that they had forged the other half of the mental communication bond.

If she bites him, she's inflicting another wound, and an additional negative to his recovery roll. And, if he can Leap of Homecoming away without voice and gestures, being paralyzed isn't going to prevent him anymore than being bound.

Okay, well if she knows that, then she'll just check up on the situation, check for damage to the sanctum, and then do the other damage-management stuff.

At this point (Assuming he survives) the wounds should prevent any spell casting anyway.

I believe, I'll have to review my notes/this thread but I believe he's at an overall -9, before the aid of any spells. Should he become conscious, he could still, cast spells, but it's a risk, and he starts off at a -9.

Once the fighting is over and you're wounded and fatigued, you can't cast spells or do lab work I believe, at a certain level of wounds. It's not just the wound penalty, you simply can't. Unless that's been changed. It's in the section on wound recovery I believe.

You're thinking about undertaking some kind of seasonal activity when a -6 penalty or greater exists. Casting a spell is still possible, I'd call it a strenuous activity and force an immediate recovery roll, as if the character were to participate in combat.

Ruminating on the recovery boost spell issue for a bit, it's reasonable for Alexei to know that he probably needs a penetration total in excess of 25. He's counting on a fair bit of luck to do that spell.

Would that be with or without his Parma? Maybe if he times it just right, or would that not even have an effect?

That's with Parma, and it's a lowish estimate. Parma 5 is 25, then there's the form bonus.
Yeah, you can time it, It'll be a finesse roll, because you're working the narrow window of the parma being down, and before the recovery roll. Capturing the moment in between requires a bit of luck. Call it an Int+Finesse roll of 9+ to time it properly.

((We'll go for it then. Not sure how much time til Sunrise, but I might not be able to make a roll tomorrow, so I'll get it done now.))

Spellcasting roll total +45 (Spell level 10, Duration Sun Recovery roll +9) spending fatigue

1d10+45 → [3,45] = (48) Final Spell Level 24 Penetration total 24-10 = 14 + 16 (4 Penetration x 4 for Blood AC) 30 Penetration

invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3446343/

Int+Finesse
1d10+5 → [5,5] = (10) 10
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3446352/

That penetrates, timing the spell to coincide with sunrise, at the moment his Parma falls is successful. He doesn't appear to be getting any worse.
So, one has to ask, now what?

The structural damage is relatively minor, replacing the blocks and stone from the parapet is an easy chore, making the fix more permanent is something Viscaria can handle relatively easily.

Alexei will tie him up as planned, with the penalties for wounds and not being able to speak or talk will hopefully keep him with us. He'll spread a cloth on the blood he's shed and tear it up so all magi have an Arcane Connection to the magus. From there he will call for a quick council meeting, in a secure place that's remaining. He sends Helmut to each of the remaining magi to inform them of this, give the arcane connection and provide a list of things to discuss.

1. Who is alive? Magi, Grogs, Custos
  2. Is anything missing? Vis, books, items, mundane wealth
  3. Mundane defenses. It is late but we must patch every wall and secure every door
  4. What is the status of the Aegis? Is it active? Does it need to be cast again?
  5. Messages need to be sent to House Tremere and House Flambeau (obviously unaware of the other story elements going on)
  6. Messages need to be sent to Durenmar
  7. Who are our allies?
  8. Name an enemy we can reach and attack. Now is the time to strike back, the enemy is most confident after what they think is a victory

More to come as we decide it.

Check for anyone with additional injuries, people hit by fallen debris, etc.

Afterwards, she'll attend to Apollodorus with the rest.

"I believe the human custom is to enchant the body to prevent it from decay, bind the spirit to a phylactery of some kind, and then animate the corpse to use in your militia. Is this correct? Whose lab shall we use?" asks Theraphosa, who has gleaned most of her information about social customs from reading Magical Theory texts.

There is no body.

OOC: ~sigh~ spoiling an otherwise humorous line...

Is anybody else hurt? Does Alexei think to include her in his council meeting?

If not, then....Thera has now lost both Fiona's living form, a staff of some repute, and a body. She goes off to check all of Viscaria's things, absently asking anyone she passes,
"Hey, have you seen....?" checking after any object of importance she thinks that person may be aware of.

Sorry! Just making sure there's understanding and clarity...