1224.2: Off to See the Wizards

He's heard the book's title, but that's about it.

The covenant of Fithich Spòg has the book.

A couple of the Redcaps are vaguely familiar with Aodhan (as in, they've met him and maybe spoke with him briefly during their runs), but haven't really dealt with him much.

Aodhan nods in understanding to Leandra. "Aye that'd be grand. If ye are trying to find a new Covenant it is best to marshal your resources until then. Well If ye stay with me I'm sure to attract more people, so please stick around. What can either of ye bring to the Covenant that i might speak on your behalf?"

Antoninus doesn't respond right away, because he thought this deal was sorted out already. He'll assume Aodhan is distracted by Leandra's appearance and is speaking mainly to her.

((Where's the orgy?))

((What's your room number? :laughing: ))

((So, we have Aodhan speaking with Leandra, with Antoninus there. I take it Talia is there, having gotten set up in her chambers, and is looking around checking [strike]the men[/strike] things out? And what of the others?))

Donnchadh Dubh (Donald the Dark) will arrive with a large dog tagging along. He is dressed like a typical highlander with a great kilt and wears the tartan of the Urquhart Clan [1]. His dog is a large and not typically seen in the highlands but not unknown. Growler will emit an audible rumble or growl when Donnchadh is talking to other Gifted individuals.

Donnchadh seems to have very little interest in most of the proceedings and meetings. He will be asking around for members of Insula Canaria.

[1]The Urquhart Clan has lands on the north side of Loch Ness. Anyone who mixes with the locals will have seen the tartan at some point.

The first morning of Tribunal is the big breakfast in the Great Hall, the same place they'll be holding the meeting. The main room is chock full of trestle tables and benches, and is only around 35-40% full. So there are plenty of places for people to sit...although it's possible that having too many seats out is intentional, as it allows everyone to sit at their table and face the front of the hall, with no one having to look over their shoulders at the Praeco, Quaesitor, Chief Hoplite, and anyone else on the dais or at the front of the hall.

Many (though not all) of the covenants are eating as a group (and I'm assuming Insula Canaria is also), while the aonaranan are seated wherever. The contingent from Orientali Litore (Actius, Godiva, and Robin) are seated further down the same table as the party, unless someone invites them to eat with them.

About midway through the meal, a short, somewhat chubby dark-haired maga approaches the group from the side away from the dais. [color=red]"Greetings, sodales. Mind if I join you?"

Aodhan is having his meal and also seems to be making some kind of construct with any extra table implements as the maga walks up. He looks from his work and food just as it collapses.

"Yes join us please! I...wait, who are you? If you're here about the boots I have not sold them yet."

((Those who were apprenticed in Loch Leglean - which would be, I think, Aodhan,Iolair, and Donnchadh - recognize her.))

(I'll flesh out her page as more information becomes available.)

Would Talia recognize her because of that phenomenal rol (total of 24, I think)l she made trying to recall details about her when arguing with Haille?

((Not until she gets to talking...as near as I can tell, what I put on her Wiki page ("short, brunette, completely devoid of ethics, and dare I say, rather chubby") was the entirety of Halie's description.))

((You gave me a detailed bio of her as far as you had her, since the roll was an effective 27. Is Raedbora around, and is her scar still prominent? I'm going with I would recognize her. I can PM what you sent me.))
"Aodhan, this is our distinguished Quaesitor, Whitburh." Greeting Whitburh she says, "Join us, please. What can we do for you?"

Aodhan was taking another spoon of his meal and stops with it midway to his mouth before his hand starts to shake and his eyes shift to look at Whitburh with poorly concealed shock and...guilt? After a few seconds he looks at the others at the table and puts the spoon down, whatever was on it had already fallen onto the table.

"Oh...well hello...I..." he pauses and looks around like a rat caught in a trap before finally clearing his throat. "First, yes, Tintavius is my Pater, second he was with me for two seasons recently and we travelled to our Domus Magna together. I did not help him make anything nor did he make anything while in my lab. I do not know of any gifts he may have given or otherwise traded with anyone during this time. Before he arrived I have no accurate knowledge of what he was doing." The last is surprisingly coherent coming from Aodhan, sounding like it's been rehearsed or perhaps said before.

Leandra (who's been hanging around in the background, since her player is still having a huge amount of trouble finding her voice) looks up and murmurs a greeting to Whitburh. She doesn't know much about the Quaesitor, but she once heard one of the other magi at Eboris, a disgusting little dwarf, characterize her as "the most conscientious Quaesitor in Loch Leglean", so she's predisposed to like her. Aodhan tripping over his tongue, therefore, comes as a major surprise.

A black haired highlander with a large dog enters the dining hall and asks a question to a nearby mage. The mage points to the table where Insula Canaria sits and the man begins to head in that direction. As he get closer he stops and is looking at Whitburh. He scratches his chin a bit then moves off to another table where he can watch the Quaesitor and the magi of Insula Canaria.

Antoninus is sitting with the Redcaps who aren't currently running errands (possibly just Isis) while keeping an eye on the Insula Canaria table. He was planning to introduce himself to the members he hasn't met, but with Whitburh around he'll keep his distance for now.

((Raedbora is up in the rafters. I think I've decided to go without the scar, though.))

((If you would. I honestly have no idea what I sent you.))

Whitburh nods a greeting to each of the magi in turn as she takes her seat, a friendly smile on her face. [color=red]"I simply wanted to meet you all, and offer my apologies for not making it out to your lovely covenant in person yet."

She looks around the table again, then frowns. [color=red]"You seem to be missing one of your sodales. A Bjornaer...what's her name? Skinny girl, doesn't like clothes? Did she decide to stay behind?"

Whitburh gives Aodhan a condescending "That's nice, dear" smile. [color=red]"That's quite all right, I'm not asking you to keep tabs on your pater. As long as he keeps to himself, he'll be fine.

[color=red]"I know Loch Leglean may be a little...different than what you're accustomed to," she says with a knowing glance at Leandra, [color=red]"but it is without a doubt the best Tribunal in which to learn and to live. And I wish to extend my personal greeting, and to invite you to come to me if you have any questions about the way we do things here."

((more stuff about Whitburh is on her wiki page.))

"I don't like clothes. But, I'm not particularly skinny, and I'm not a Bjornaer." Talia smiles wickedly. "Is there something I can help you with? She's no longer a member of Insula Canaria. I think she left, renounced her membership. She tried to force some of her questionable legal opinions on us, and I repeatedly rebuffed her. She wasn't capable of making a coherent legal argument." Talia smiles mischievously. ((Yeah, I'm bad.))

[color=red]"Pity," Whitburh says. [color=red]"It would have been nice to have another Quaesitor around, even if she was a little wet behind the ears. Ah well."

She takes a sip of her ale before continuing. [color=red]"I trust that her advice didn't lead you to make any...dubious decisions? And if you ever are in need of counsel regarding the Code, feel free to send me a message." She flicks her arms quickly then cuts a bite of meat.