1224.2: Off to See the Wizards

Aodhan makes a sigh of relief as he lets out the breath that he'd been holding. "Whew! Thanky. I've had...a talk or two with the Quaesitors as well as some angry customers." he resumes his eating and construction but then stops again warily as he watches the conversation. 'Maybe she was trying to get his guard down?'

[color=red]"Not lately, I hope...or does your pater have you guarding his flank?" Whitburh bites a small piece of meat from her knife, swallows, then points it at Aodhan. [color=red]"You'd be well served to stay with this lot and well away from Tintavius. No good will befall him, rest assured of that."

Just when Aodhan thought the subject might have been dropped (despite the fact that he brought it up) the Quaesitor brings it up again! He looks up at her again like he's trapped, but the advice is good.

"Oh aye, I stay away, but the bastard keeps finding me!" Aodhan pauses and looks around. "He's not here is he?"

Trimalchio is adding little to the conversation, as he looks around the room for any particularly exotic-looking wizards or people who might belong to obscure magical traditions.

Whitburh smiles. [color=red]"I've not seen him. The day is still young, though."

There are an abundance of ex Miscellanea of various traditions around. Go ahead and make a Per + OoH Lore roll, too.

Antoninus leans over to Isis. Have the members of Insula Canaria done something in particular to gain the attentions of Mistress Whitburh or does she always make a point of visiting covenant representatives at Tribunal?

[color=red]"Not necessarily at tribunal," Isis whispers back. [color=red]"She usually tries to visit new magi that she hears about, or at least writes letters. Although this may have something to do with those diabolists she's been looking for."

Talia just looks around and people watches, especially watching those watching Insula Canaria.
She rolls a 1, which is either a total of a 6 (Die+Per+Awareness) or on a possible exploded total of 13.

The Highlander with the big dog is obviously watching the Insula Canaria table and will not look away if you lock eyes with him.

((he is looking and does not care if you notice he is.))

((Would he appear...challenging?))

((No. More interested. He is watching the table. If he notices you looking at him he will acknowledge you with a nod but continue watching.))

Talia gets up and approaches after the nod. I'm feeling like she's wearing clothes today, just because she's not in her normal element. "My what a big dog you have. I'm Talia, and you are?"

Donnchadh mac Briain. People call me Donnchadh Dubh. And this is my friend Growler. Scratches the dogs head. Are you with Insula Canaria?

His Latin is rough but passable. He stumbles a bit as if he is out of practice.

((I will have to figure out a character text color later. Not sure if I'm stepping on someone's color here))

There does appear to be a good amount of curious glances their way, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of out-of-the-ordinary staring.

Talia does notice that, of the three Elders, Doineann appears to be doing the most mingling. There is some mingling as magi talk to each other about this, that, and the other, but the weather witch spends next to no time with her coven-mates.

"Indeed, I am. Are you with a covenant or an arnoraran[1]?" Talia's Latin is no better than Donnchadh's. She starts twirling her finger through her hair...

[1] I can never remember how to spell it, so given Talia's poor Latin or is it Gaelic in this case, a mispronunciation seems reasonable.

Antoninus cocks an eyebrow. I was given to understand those difficulties were behind them. Damage done, healing begun. Do questions still linger?

[color=red]"Considering no one's seen or heard from either master or apprentice in a couple of years..."

Donnchadh looks at her in confusion I...I am not with a covenant at this point. I have recently returned to the highlands and heard of a Covenant of the south side of the loch[1]. Had you been on the north side I might have stolen you cattle. But the loch presents more difficulties in getting the cattle to my Clan. I am interested in possibly joining.

[1] He says loch rather than lacus

When speaking of the loch, she offers,"You realize that we have a couple of clans of giants on lands on and surrounding our covenant. Raiding cattle would likely affect them more than us. It is, perhaps, best that you had the difficulty of the loch. Maybe instead of raiding you could try trading." Talia licks her lips and twirls her hair.

"We recently lost a Bjornaer Quaesitor from our ranks, so I'm sure there is room for a big strong magus, such as yourself." ((Might want to make an OoH Lore check for Talia, she and her pater have a reputation as kind of bumbling as far as magical capabilities, which actually serves her well in enemies underestimating her, but could be a huge negative in acquiring alliances.))

Donnchadh looks at you like your crazy. You think we have not stolen cattle from the giants and they from us. How else can the young men show their worth? Oh sure we barter at times but the skill to make off with another clan's cattle while protecting your own. He nods and looks at Talia like she should appreciate that skill.

(Invisible castle up again yeah!!)
Order of Hermes Lore 1 (personalities) 2 + int 2 +
1d10=1
Exploder 1d10=6 = 12
total 17