1225.2 Cuts Like a Hot Knife Through Buttah

Fiona smooths the front of her dress, but makes no move to get off of the bed. [color=blue]"I am extremely excited about this. I would love to show you what I can do...and I'm sure you have a thing or two you can show me, as well." Fiona smiles playfully as she checks him out (and makes no effort to conceal it).

[color=blue]"When we're done here, I'll go talk to her."

No no. Please just be comfortable. Here is the list, in order of preference, of work that we need done. We will supply the vis needed for any ritual that Praxiteles feels he needs to cast.

Korvin puts his hand on her knee. Are we done here?

"Well, of course, if only to make the process less expensive for yourselves. What about time? Time needed to invent the spells? How much are you offering for Praxiteles time? Time is the true currency of a magus, and looking over this list, you are asking for a fair bit of my husband's time. Time where he can't be doing some things he would rather do. And to be honest, as I'm sure my husband would if looking at the list, Petronius would be better suited to some of these tasks, but I don't negotiate on his behalf."

Compensation for his time is what we are negotiating. I do not wish to have him be bored with some trivial task nor am I asking for everything on the list. From the list, what would you say that Praxiteles could do or might find interesting. Then we can go from there. I would ask that any spell that Praxiteles develops for this project, that we have access to the lab notes so we can have a copy. The original will stay with the maker of course.

((If you would like to hand wave what is chosen since you and I are not dealing with a detailed list, it is fine with me.))

"So, you want me to set the opening price, thinking that this will net you some measure of advantage? And then you say you might not want everything on the list. Your requirements are too vague, my lord magus. Firm up what you're asking for, firm up the price you and your sodales are willing to pay, and come see me when you are ready." Alips appears to be a bit cross.
"I need some rest before I join Praxiteles at Fiona's statue, if you don't mind. Come see me there when you're ready. I typically spend a few hours after midday watching Praxiteles strut about without his shirt while working up a sweat. I'll be plenty charged up by the end of that, like I was yesterday, and much like yesterday, Praxiteles will be too busy to see to my needs."

((I need you, or the rest of the troupe to come up with a number. If you want me to come up with a number, I can, but I may choose a number higher than you can live with. I also need you and the rest of the troupe to come to some consensus on the scope of the tribunal site's quality on some scale that you're willing to pay for. Viscaria was going for 11 out of 10. On what's done, such as the bridge which serves a purpose only for the mundane covenfolk of Mons Electi to travel to and from the covenant easily, which could have been done via another regio entrance, it's done, and it's magnificent.))

((My problem is that we are dealing with abstracts. So lets take one thing and flesh it out. ))

I apologizes my dear. I do not wish to insult you or your husband with a low ball offer when I am unsure of what work might and time might be needed. So lets take the villias that need built. Korvin pulls out some drawings of the villias[1]. Can you estimate the time Praxiteles would need to complete them? How many spells might he need to develop to complete? Is that something Praxiteles could do or is it more Petronius's line of work?

[1]Substitute dorm for Villia if that is what is needed

We both share that problem. So, if we're going to deal on abstracts, I need a number scale and where the magi of Mons Electi want to land on that scale. Picking 1 to 10 is pretty easy for abstraction purposes. Viscaria's goal was to impress, wow, as much for herself as anything. Whether that is still the goal of Mons Electi with her results falling short...I'm unclear. So the troupe needs to determine what level they are willing to pay for/work for to accomplish. It's an abstract, of course. Viscaria's was a 10 or 11 out of 10. Is that the desired level? If not, what is? I can't answer this question, or if I do, the price will be high, and then we get into negotiating quality and price (in the abstract) simultaneously, which I do not want to do. The troupe sets the quality desired, I set the price, and then we negotiate...

((since I'm negotiating lets keep going. I have Viscaria's plans so what I would show him/her is the 11. Korvin will look at the price for an 8 so base it on that.)))

Alips grumbles a bit, but then dons a lounging robe but doesn't bother to fasten it, nor does she put on any undergarments or shoes, and she makes her way out to Praxiteles' ad hoc workshop. They begin discussing in Greek, while Korvin knows Ancient Greek at this time, to a level of 4, they are speaking in "modern", Romaic Greek, which has a -2 offset to understanding. Alips lays out the plans and the two begin discussing things in depth. About all that Korvin can suss out is that the plans are extremely detailed and the architecture is designed to stun and 80 pawns vis forma. Praxiteles makes a comment that includes Korvin's name, as the pair end the discussion and enjoy a passionate kiss.

((Korvin can try and hide the fact that he's hearing and understanding parts of the conversation if he'd like, but I'm going to presume that he will be detected by Praxiteles with a Perception of 5. It's a Com+Guile total against Praxiteles Perception+Intrigue total. Will edit the exchange accordingly if you want to try and hide it to gain an edge))

"Praxiteles will accept the engagement for 90 pawns of vis forma, to be paid out within at least 5 years. We know Mons Electi's credit is good, with a Merceris Magus a member of the covenant. We can discuss substitutions of vis forma, as well, but that is Praxiteles estimate. And my husband noted you overheard our conversation. The difference between his number and my number is merely my attempt to account for his general willingness to undersell his services."

Korvin will not try to hide that he was listening.
((Am i correct in that this is the price for an 11 building?))
What would the price be if we remove some of these over the top details. While I would like it to look good I feel that each doorway does not need it's own unique carving. The columns as well can be more standard as well as the layout. The major doorways can be unique so that the magi do not get lost when they have had too much partying.

With a dramatic intake of breath, "My husband is an artist. His work will be known, and doing such a substandard work would be injurious to his future sales. Furthermore, while my husband is a capable enough architect, it is difficult to tell in these drawings what things are structural and what is decorative." We'll say that the spell that Viscaria invented to make the buildings that last for a Moon duration are included. "Praxiteles also discovered a flaw in this spell, which is obvious to anyone with sufficient architectural knowledge. It is likely to fall apart. So, you see, either we must take these plans, as is, or Praxiteles must develop new plans, which take into account his gifts, which will require much more time. The price would stay the same." She bats her eyes sweetly, but Korvin has enough bargaining to know that negotiations have begun... She's not budging. :wink: Bits of rock are thrown off the developing form of Black Pegasus.

((was I correct in assuming the price is for the 11 out of 10 buildings? And here is the abstract part again, Did Viscaria have a single spell for the buildings or different spells for different buildings? ))

She had the spell for the villas done, but experimented with it and came up with a flawed result. I'm shortcutting the fact that Praxiteles can tell where it's going to fall apart... And yes, the price is for 11, Alips is indicating that Praxiteles is unlikely to budge below that due to his artistic sensibilities...

[color=blue]"Hopefully not for a good, long time," Fiona whispers as she leans in to kiss him...tentatively at first, then if he doesn't pull away, hungrily before she lays back on the bed.

((And I'm assuming that nature will take its course here. Just did some figuring, and standing up, Korvin apparently comes up to about Fiona's waist. Or horizontally, up to her collarbone. He may have heard that she knows Preternatural Growth and Shrinking, if that would make him more comfortable. That would bring his height to about the top of her bosoms.))

Once they're done (however long that takes, with her 3 Sta and his 1), she will thank him for his time and efforts. [color=blue]"We really should do this again sometime...soon."

She gets dressed and goes to look for Alips. She will start out by the courtyard where Praxiteles works (and, even if she's not there, she will stand there for a while and admire the view...and the statue, as well). If she's not there, or doesn't arrive while she's there, she will try their quarters.

((Korvin, that motorboating sonofab!))

Fiona knows Alips schedule...that she spends a few hours in the afternoon with Praxiteles, and will not be drug away during that time. She typically sleeps late, to recuperate, lounges or dozes in Praxiteles presence. And then around midafternoon she starts prowling for fresh meat...

((An interesting dilemma for Korvin. To accept the Preternatural Growth and Shrinking puts him at that size all day ( or night). He would not like that as it would cost him a day of doing other things. But not to do it limits the options. I would guess that if they continue at night he would accept it but not during the day. Thus he will be thinking about learning the Harnessed mastery for spells to expand his options.

I've played Korvin as if he has a crush on Fiona but since she is a magus it has put him off ( and the ginat size thing :slight_smile: ). This is based on his exposure in House Mercere which is Magus poor. He thinks of other magi as peers to collaborate with and discuss magic and learning. It is why he did not think twice about Alipis but still cautious around Fiona. This will still be a bit of a conundrum for him.))

((Peanut gallery: Korvin could look into whether he can cancel the effects of Fiona's PGaS with a sponted spell - either a PeVi spell, or his own MuCo spell to put himself back down to regular size. These spells are lower level than one might think, I've found in general. Or, she could try to leave you the way you were when she came - with only footprints added :wink: ))

((Deficient Perdo rears his ugly head.))

((Also peanut gallery: Whay doesn't Fiano downsize herself instead of upsizing Korvin? The bed will thank you. :wink: ))