1227.2t It's Not What You Know

Fiona arches her neck and purrs in delight before his words sink in. [color=blue]"Wait...what? Delegate? I'm going to Grand Tribunal?"

She thinks for a minute, wondering if the Tribunal has any information on just what a Grand Tribunal delegate is supposed to do, and whether she would be the first Giant-blood delegate to attend.

From the gallery, there comes a second from an unidentified (to Mons Electi/Roberto) magus.
"Very well, Wirth as a delegate, all in favor Aye." Celeres waits, and not as many say Aye as they did for Fiona, "Opposed, nay." Quite a few nays can be heard, and Celeres calls for showing sigils for Aye, first, and someone counts out the ayes. Then the process is repeated for the nays. "Wirth is selected."

Maris rises from her seat, "I nominate my filius, Rose." Maris then proceeds to stare into Santiago a Tremere from Montverte, who immediately seconds, but seems to be a bit chagrined to be doing so, and is getting stares from his covenant mates. Celeres calls for the Ayes and Nays, and the Ayes have it. Maris sits with a slight smile appearing on her face.

"We need one more." Celeres says clearly...

Fiona looks around during the nominating and voting (voting aye for Wirth and Rose both), then looks surprised as Celeres says they need one more. Me, Wirth, Rose...that's three, right? Do we need an alternate? she thinks.

Someone inthecrowd calls out Rotgiers and it is immediately seconded. Someone does record who they are. OoH Lore check of 9+. Celeste's goes through the motions of ayes and nays. And he is accepted without very many nays.
As is the custom, all delegates are given temporary housing. Magi may go to Grand Tribunal but will be responsible for their own lodging. You may give them your proxy for voting on Tribunal matters."
Celeres searches the crowd for someone. "Maris, how will Rose vote without her sigil?"
"for the Grand Tribunal she will be in possession of her sigil and has my full confidence."

((Int 1 + Order of Hermes Lore 2 + die roll of 7 = 10))

One of the nays is Fiona's...rather loudly, at that. (Not that she's the least bit bitter, no.)

Fiona nods...that's one less thing to worry about. Maybe she can spend some time with that librarian she met a few years ago – they seemed to get along okay.

((If I remember right, each Tribunal can raise three issues at Grand Tribunal, and can send three Delegates. Does Fiona know if the delegates are given specific issues to raise, or can they raise whatever issue they want? And is it "Fiona, you raise Topic A, Rose, Topic B, Wirth, Topic C"? Int 1 + either Code of Hermes 3 or Order of Hermes Lore 2 + die roll of 9 = either 13 or 12, depending on which Ability comes to bear.))

((I'm not aware of anything canonical regarding Grand Tribunal, and how it's setup. If you have something to point me at... I might switch things around a bit. Fiona can't be bitter yet, that event happens in 5 days, but there's more than enough reason for Rotgiers to get nays from Mons Electi. :smiley:))
Rotgiers was nominated by Quntinus Verditius. The second was Jerome of Jerbiton.

All references I know of for Tribunal proceedures are in WGRE (4th ed). I don't know if it was repeated in GotF. But that is the accepted tradition AFAIK. Three issues per tribunal.

The version in WG is more complete than Guardians of the Forests. For topics it says:

Don't have WGRE...won't get it, just for this...
It's run much like a Tribunal. Praeco sets the agenda, which is generated well in advance. The Praeco's and other officers of Tribunals send their issues to her and she'll set the agenda accordingly.

Don't need to. Jebric pointed out it is in Gardians of the Forest

WGRE is a useful resource anyways though. True, a lot is obsolete. But there is a lot of cool reusables.
But for this, not needed. Grand Tribunal proceedures are already established cannon. Three delegates per regional trib, one issue per delegate.

I would kinda prefer if it was done according to cannon. Please?

Nope. Don't have WGRE, won't buy it.
The quote you attributed to Guardians of the Forest by Jebrick is not in GoTF, so I can only assume it is in WGRE. Doing it my way. And, really it doesn't affect anything.

Fiona rises to her feet once the matter of delegates to the Grand Tribunal has been decided.

[color=blue]"If I may, Praeco," she says once she's recognized. [color=blue]"First, may I say that this is truly a momentous, if unexpected, honor that my sodales have bestowed on me, and I will ensure that the voice of Normandy is heard at Durenmar.

"That being said, I feel that it is necessary to confront the elephant in the room. We have touched on the Lotharingian issue already, but I would like us to discuss the matter in a civil matter to see how Normandy feels about the matter."

She then sits down to listen intently, her hand brushing Korvin's as her eyes seek out that gorgeous maga across the way again.

"This isn't a proper forum for discussion, where any and all lend their voice to the matter. It is presumed that the delegates can execute and vote the sigils that are delivered unto them, as directed by the sigil holder. I have...despite protestations from the former Chief Hoplite and Presiding Quaesitor, removed that matter from the Agenda, simply because it is too divisive, and this Tribunal has no standing with respect to the decisions of the Grand Tribunal. This Tribunal cannot reject the decision of the Grand Tribunal, and if that august gathering should decide to create another Tribunal from two existing ones, that is their right, to do so. That being said, there are many issues that must needs be tackled, but cannot, for we do not know the future, and I will not put them on the agenda since those that would favor one side of the discussion are conspicuous in their absence, and I would not give others the pleasure of cementing some of the wrong headed positions this Tribunal has taken in the past. Nor can those positions be undone in a heartbeat. Perhaps some of those self-same issues can be tackled in two years."

Celeres smiles at Fiona as he says this, and he appears quite genuine, "Now, dear maga, I ask you to withdraw your request, as no good can come of it. There will be those who come to you to cast their vote, some may not care, and have you cast it as you may. Some may give it with instructions to be cast a certain way, not caring what your desire is. And some will inquire as to how you find the issue. With four delegates, I imagine it is very possible to find someone who is trusted. And if they don't trust the delegate, they are free to attend, but don't enjoy the same comforts as selected delegates."

Fiona nods thoughtfully. [color=blue]"I understand your concerns, Praeco, and respectfully withdraw my request."

Korvin will lean in to whisper. I think if you let out word on how you see the situation, like minded magi will give you their sigils for the Tribunal.

Fiona whispers back, [color=blue]"I was hoping for a discussion to help me solidify my position."

((Fiona could be the delegate that doesn't share her feelings on the matter, but instead makes an oath to faithfully vote as directed by the maga or magus who gives their sigil.))

((But that only works if she collects all of one type. If Korvin gives her his sigil for a yes vote and she has 5 other for a no vote then she will break her oath to someone.))

It's called a directed proxy, in which sigil owner directs the proxy to vote a certain way. It is certainly reasonable and probable that in certain cases, the proxy may have a different vote, and there's nothing that prevents that. So, she could 1 yes vote, 5 votes, and vote however she wishes. Those aren't her votes, they are votes of other magi that she is faithfully executing. Some magi will want their vote to go with someone who believes as they believe. Some won't care, as long as they can trust that their vote will be cast in accordance of their wishes.

HoH:TL suggests that these directed proxies are typically given to Redcaps, because magi find the process a bit tedious and demeaning.