1227.2t The Joust

((Fiona went off to sulk, mope, get all emo after she got owned by Rotgiers in the certamen. Probably not that hard to find...pretty hard to hide a nine-foot-tall redhead.))

Alexei removes his helmet and gloves and leaves them and the horse in Michel's care as he sets out for Fiona. With Fiona's size and appearance she should be easy to find, but Alexei's eyes have been getting worse. Inevitably he does and sits in the ground beside her.

"Since when does the fair maid fight for the honour of the knight?" he asks after a moment and then makes slight laugh. "That was very brave and you conducted yourself with honour."

[color=blue]"Thank you, my friend," Fiona says with a slight catch in her voice, as she wipes the tears from her cheeks. [color=blue]"But I can't remember ever being that humiliated in my life."

Alexei nods his head. "My own Parens came from House Tremere, much like Rotgers, before joining Flambeau. They know secrets of Certamen that they are forbidden to share." he offers, knowing it can't do much to lessen the sting she felt. "I advance to the later rounds...with luck Rotgers and I shall meet across the field again. I don't intend to leave him on his horse or in full working order, last time I broke his arm...this time I'll crush him. That I promise you."

Fiona swallows the lump in her throat and hugs Alexei. She then casts a quick, spontaneous Creo Herbam to create a white scarf. ((Base 2, I think, to "create a processed plant product," +2 magnitudes for "treated and processed Herbam products", R: Touch (+1), D: Sun (+2), T: Individual, for a final target Level of 15. CT is Cr 6 + He 10 + Sta 3 + Aura 5 + die roll of 4 = 28, halved is 14. She's going to spend a Confidence Point to get it up to 31, halved is 16.))

She ties the scarf around his neck, then kisses him on one cheek. [color=blue]"For luck."

She kisses the other cheek, and says [color=blue]"For courage."

She finishes by kissing him on the lips, not a passionate kiss but not a quick peck either. [color=blue]"To ensure you come back unharmed," she says with a grin. [color=blue]"Now stop blushing and get back on the field, you have a joust to win!"

Alexei needs to make rolls...
Competitor, initiative, attack and defense for the third round in the elite eight.

Yeah, I had a post that got eaten yesterday, and now I'm at the office and can't make any rolls. With the holidays and all I might me able to make those rolls late tonight.

But if not, Merry Christmas to all!

That's fine, I thought I'd just get this moving again...

((And here I was thinking that Fiona's kiss broke Alexei's brain :laughing: ))

Alexei blushes after Fiona's kiss and then steps back and makes an elaborate bow and then stands up, giving the scarf a flourish as he wraps it about his neck once more.

"With this I cannot fail m'lady!" he turns to the field. "Michel! Helmut! I have a joust to win!" he calls to them as he marches to the field with a spring in his step.

Competitor roll:
1d10 → [9] = (9)
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3836366/

Attack:
1d10+13 → [6,13] = (19)
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3836367/

Defense:
1d10+13 → [2,13] = (15)
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3836370/

If a Confidence point would turn the block succesful he'll spend it.

Fiona watches Alexei leave with a smile and a slight chuckle, then follows him. When she gets to the stands, she will basically bull her way to the front, where she will watch the proceedings intently. (Unless, as hosts, we have like a Review Stand or something that has a great view right on the rail...basically, she wants ringside seats as close as possible.)

Alexei takes the field against Desiderius Tytali.

Attack: Dex 3, Great Weapon 6+2, +3 Mounted, Wpn +4=18+Die Roll
Defense: Qik 2, Single Wpn 4, Heater 3=7 +Die Roll.

Initative roll of 7, Attack roll of 5, Defense Roll of 9
Initiative or this round is 9
Attack total is 23 vs Alexei's defense of 15, 8 AA; I believe this is easily within your soak range, so no damage.
Defense total is 16 vs Alexei's Attack of 19, 3 AA; Desiderius soaks this damage.

Next round.

((So one to one right now? I'll make the rolls later tonight, I might be able to do one of them before my party starts. I host a small New Year's party every year with my geeky friends. Last year it was Fruit Ninja on the Xbox and those absurdly violent Japanese movies Dracula Girl meets Frankenstein Girl and also Tokyo Gore Police. No clue what will happen tonight))

Yup. He's pretty good.

Alexei acknowledges the hit and offers a quick salute before putting the spurs to his horse.

((One for the road :slight_smile:

Attack:
1d10+13 → [2,13] = (15)
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3846047/ ((Alexei might be having trouble with his lance :blush: ))

Defense:
1d10+13 → [6,13] = (19)
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3846080/

Defense is more important here again, if a Confidence point will block his strike he'll spend it.))

Attack and defense rolls of 7 and exploder. Defense Exploder of 2 for a total of 4.

Desederius's Attack total is 25 vs Alexei's defense of 19, AA of 6.
Desederius's Defense total is 11 vs Alexei's Attack of 15, AA of 4.

Final tie breaker round. First to hit wins, so roll for initiative.

((Really sorry for the long delay, it's been a heck of a start for the New Year))

Alexei is breathing hard and reviewing in his mind how to win, what were the weaknesses of his opponent? His skill was solid, formidable, straightforward. He lifts the visor from his helmet to get a bit more air as he lets his horse trot to the starting position. In the end...he needed to merely ride hard and strike like thunder. He salutes one more time and spurs the horse.

Attack: 1d10+13 → [3,13] = (16)
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3847817/

Defense: 1d10+13 → [7,13] = (20)
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3847818/

I think we'll likely go another round. He'll spend a Confidence on attack if it wll make a difference. If it won't make a difference, and Defense is needed he'll spend it on Defense, he might only be able to force a tie.

This is round three. I need an initiative roll, too.
First to hit is the first to win and it could be a matter of spending that Confidence...

Woops, forgot initiative:
1d10+2 → [1,2] = (3) Exploder!
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3847880/

Exploder:
1d10 → [9] = (9)
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3847882/

So init is 20, He'll spend a Confidence on the attack if it will score a hit.

Die rolls of 0 (non botching), 3 and 9.

Alexei clearly wins initiative, and is able to plant his lance in position, first, but misses.

Desiderius defense total is 16 vs Alexei's Attack of 16. Alexei does not hit!
Desiderius attack total is 21 vs Alexei's defense of 20. Desiderius WINS stunning the crowd.

Alexei does not hit, and can and will be out spent in confidence. Alexei, is unfortunately knocked out. Note, Desiderius can outspend Confidence in all scenarios.