1227.2t The Joust

Rolls of 3, 2 and 1 for initiative, attack and defense, respectively. The exploded die for Defense is 2.

Lucius doesn't say anything, just digs his heals into his horse and is off.
Lucius's attack total is 18, and misses Alexei, without Alexei spending Confidence.
Lucis's defense total is 16 against Alexei's attack...
Round 4...

Alexei is breathing hard, not from fatigue but to try and maintain the spell which will prevent both pain and fatigue. He turns his horse and takes a moment before putting the spurs again.

Concetration:
1d10+6 → [9,6] = (15)
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3862620/

Attack:
1d10+13 → [2,13] = (15)
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3862621/

Defense:
1d10+13 → [5,13] = (18)
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3862622/

Alexei will spend a Confidence on attack and a fatigue on attack, time to go all out.

Non botching 0 for Initiative, Attack of 5, Defense of 2.

Lucius's attack total is 21, defense total is 14.

I need an initiative total from Alexei, to determine if Alexei attacks first. Needs to beat 5. If Alexei wins Initiative, he will hit first. If he doesn't, Lucius will hit first.

Oh OK, I thought it was carried over, here:

1d10+2 → [9,2] = (11)
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3862643/

Yowza!

It does for rounds 1 and 2. Rounds after that are sudden death, first to hit wins. Since both missed in round 3, I didn't bring it up.

Alexei does have to spend Confidence on the attack (because Lucius spends Confidence on his defense).

Alexei spends the confidence then. Woot!

What's Alexei going to do about his medium wound? I discounted worsening the wound for the remainder of this combat...
And if we want to change the canonical version of Endurance of the Berserkers to Diameter, I'm OK with that, let's run it past the troupe, though.

((I've always thought the given D: Conc for Endurance of the Berserkers was dumb, so I'd be okay with D: Diam.))

((Ditto. Especially since it's designed to be used in combat, when you're more likely than not to fail Concentration checks.))

Is Korvin allowed to heal him ( not ritual but temp) before the next round?

Yes, there is typically enough time to cast spells, not necessarily ritual/ceremonial lengths of time, though.

((I'm looking at the CrCo guidelines, and I'm seeing Level 35. Base 20 to heal a medium wound, +1 for Touch, and +2 for Sun duration. That would heal his wound until sundown, by which time the Joust should be over and we can get him somewhere to be healed safely if he wants. Fiona's not quite that awesome, though. She can only do Sta 3 + Cr 6 + Co 15 + Aura 5 = 29 + stress die, halved...or probably around a 17 or 18. Much as she would like to do his body good.))