1227 Tribunal Preparations

Korvin would love to invite Marcus to join. I just never heard he wanted more than protected guest status.

Oh, I think he's politely declined the offer to join. He helps out, does whatever is asked whenever he's asked (within reason). Very giving of his time to service the covenant, but likes being his own man, so to speak. He is a legal resident of the Tribunal, he's just not a member of Mons Electi, and despite the advantages it offers, he's enough of a contrarian to say thanks, but no thanks. I'll have him involved in more meetings from here on out, but of course, feel free to disinvite him from those meetings whenever anyone wants to do so.

Having been prepared by the 30 Cases in November threads I think I could argue that while Marcus has not yet accepted full membership at Mons Electi he has lived here for 7 years. He has a lab and sanctum marker. Redcaps know to find him here. He is not an independent magi as per the compact as he has been at a recognized Covenant for 7 years. We can also not be accused of bringing in a ringer since he has been here for those 7 years.

It might be an interesting case for the main board :smiley:

Maybe, it's not really a Code of Hermes issue, so much as a Peripheral Code issue. It's clear he's a resident of the Tribunal, and is thus eligible to participate in the Tournament, much as any other cenobite or eremite might do. That just means he pays a fee. As the Tournament is a means for dividing up the (vis) Resources of the Tribunal, expect pushback.

It doesn't harm Mons Electi one way or another, although having ringers like this in the future might harm Mons Electi more...if they remain in the Normandy Tribunal, anyway.

IIRC, Isen and Fiona go into the Joust? And Isen will probably try the Dimicatio, once I can recall what it is.

We can have a team of 5. Marcus will act as an independent but perhaps we can still make a deal with him. Korvin will drop off the team as he will be busy in any case.

I should reiterate that Tranquillina's volunteering for Certamen is mostly just a lark: there's no particular reason to think she'd be Mons Electi's best entrant for an official team.

It is quite fine. The last tribunal, Korvin was in the Dimicatio and was at the point of having to cast a counter spell when I and JL realized that he could not cast spont spells because of his Mercurian Virtue. You can not do worst than that.

Roberto will enter Dimicatio, but is actually more interested in Certamen.

I just realized that, although Fiona has learned to ride since last Tribunal, she (I) totally forgot that she also need to learn to use some kind of weapon...lance, sword and shield, whatever. ((Basically, it just now clicked that jousting is more than riding a horse, it's also using weapons. Derp grande.))

:laughing: That is comforting :slight_smile:
Okay, she's in unless another magus (or player) wants it more, in which case she'll step out.

You can learn a lot of ritual spells to improve covenant defenses, including pushing yourself to learn our lvl 50 Aegis, and then realize you have Rigid Magic... :unamused: :laughing:

I'm gonna check Tranquillina's character sheet for The Gift now, just to make sure.... :wink:

Is it the thing when you have to answer with fast cast defenses to a forceless attack?

Isen will probably participate. Wondering if it might be worthwhile to lose on purpose, so as to appear being weaker than he is.

Be...definitive, be decisive. And I moved the preceding post over here, since it appears that this might be a matter of discussion for Isen. My goal is to keep those threads as clean as possible, since there will be a lot going on there.

To be honest, that's pretty much the direct opposite of what I think is happening/should happen. If anything, Viscaria being handed this grandiose project for her to spearhead would add to her hubris ("after all, who else is gifted, talented, and most importantly, humble enough to tackle this vast undertaking?") and she throws herself single-minded into the projects. I think Amul had a more or less priority list, much of which Viscaria had already done (the villas, the Roman-style city, working on the steam baths, and so on and so forth.).

That's how I was seeing it.

It has absolutely nothing to do with my wanting a working stone pegasus, I promise.

Looked at the book yesterday. So yes, Isen, dimicatio :smiley:

(And what happened to Amul?)

I'm not certain what this is saying exactly. You're thinking that Viscaria would have everything done? Even though she might have to spend a couple seasons traveling and a couple of seasons at Lapis Crudus to allow Virgi/Olivia an opportunity to be out of that regio?

That can be solved, too... :smiley:

No, but I don't think she would have gotten nothing accomplished either. If I remember, she had a list of priorities for the preparations, and the "most important stuff", I think, would almost certainly have gotten done. The "kind of important" stuff would probably have gotten done, and the "Wouldn't it be cool if...?" stuff probably wouldn't have gotten done.

Certainly, it's not my determination that nothing's done. I just want the troupe to decide what was done. And to some extent, define what Praxiteles and Petronius might do. And of course, how awesome Viscaria wants it to be. That's the beauty of delegation and leadership. Can Viscaria's hubris be overcome to the extent it allows her to realize her full vision and hire people? Her full vision is to have the most awesome Tribunal experience ever offered in the Normandy Tribunal.

Finally, given the problems of Rego crafting, I don't think the bridge or any items that were going to be crafted were done. This had been an extensive discussion between Amul and myself, and we never came to any consensus on what it would look like, and had discussed the need to hire out certain tasks. This is roughly contemporaneous to my starting Via Experimenta and Praxiteles...