1228.2 Coming Straight On For You

[color=green]"The doctor said that it's not good. He's taken an arrow to the belly."

Wilhelm looks ahead as he accompanies Korvin to the infirmary. [color=green]"I was out in the woods after deer, when I heard people in the woods. They started yelling to get me, I thought I was being attacked so I defended myself."

He pauses for a minute. [color=green]"They didn't say who they were. It wasn't until after that I found out that they're my family."

Korvin listens and makes a detour to get some vis.

Your family? Well we had better save him then.

When they arrive Korvin and Paion examine the man(boy??). The weasel sniffing and touching the wound as well and looking at the man's face and hands.
Korvin medicine 3 + per 0 1d10=3 = 6
Paion medicine 7 + 1 Per + 1d10=4 = 12

The two confer for a bit.

Well, he's at incapacitated state, and could die if things aren't undertaken to ensure he doesn't. Medicine could work, but it might take a long time to recover...
Can leave it up to chance or use magic to ensure a speedy recovery...

really trying to determine bind wounds and rest in the bend of recovery vs Body made whole. Not sure if Restoration of the body would work.

Incantation of the body Made Whole would certainly work.

While Korvin considers his options, he looks over at Wilhelm's worried face over his brother. After a pause he begins setting up the ritual items for Body Made Whole.

Cr 27 + Co 19 + stamina 2 + Aura 5 + AL 2 + Phil 2 + 1d10=1 ((Damm. i need these for the Cretamen tourney :angry: ))+ 1d10=10 21 = 78 and 4 pawns of corpus later.

Wilhelm stands off to one side, watching the magus work on his brother but having no idea what's really going on beyond "It's magic." His face is a parade of different conflicting emotions.

Korvin finishes and begins to clean up. He will recover and be up tomorrow. What is his name Wilhelm?

Wilhelm will notice that Paion is looking at him more than is necessary. One might say staring at him.

Wilhelm seems surprised and confused by the question, and doesn't answer for a moment. [color=green]"I...I don't know. He was born after I left, and in all the chaos I forgot to ask his name."

He stares back at the weasel, afraid to ask why it finds him so fascinating.

Korvin looks up at this and focuses on Wilhelm and his "brother".

Tell me this story. Who were these other people that were chasing you?

((You can tell it in your own words and that will be what Korvin knows or you can just OOC and reference the thread meaning Wilhelm tells everything.))

[color=green]"I was out stalking deer, as normal, when I noticed some movement in the trees...not a deer. Someone yelled that I spotted them and to get me, so I started to run. They were trying to hem me in, so I shot one, to try to clear a way out," she says, indicating his brother on the bed.

[color=green]"Before long, I realized I was outnumbered and wouldn't make it out alive if I fought, so I surrendered.

[color=green]"I asked what they wanted of me, and the leader, my godfather, told me that I had to go home with them. We brought him here for help.

[color=green]"A couple of years after I left home, my father was released by the 'dark fae of the forest' after his doppelgänger was killed, wandered into the village saying he'd been held in some magical forest, plied with food and drink. Then my brother was born.."

He looks down for a minute, then back up at Korvin. [color=green]"They said I have to go home with them, for some reason...but, Magus, I am home."

Kovin listens to the story and bows his head in thought.

If they are members of your family, why are they not here with this grievously wounded family member.

Korvin raises his hands to quite Wilhelm's answer.

Talking about dark fae has me a bit worried about this situation. They can get involved when there is great drama to be made. Such as the death or APPARENT death of a loved one. ( Korvin emphasizing the word for Wilhelm). If fae are involved in any way then it will not be as it is seems.

Wilhelm thinks for a moment, then opens his mouth to speak before Korvin's gesture cuts him off.

Wilhelm thinks again for a minute. [color=green]"What would you do, then, Magus?"

What I would do and what you could do are two very different things. That is not a very good answer I'm afraid. Magus have other paths that normal folk could not go and I am more...practical than some of my brethren. It is best not to think about what I would do. Lets just look at what you know and what you might want to know. What I know is that this boy (pointing to the brother) is either a very strong fae lord or is exactly what he appears to be. I'm guessing the latter. You know they want to to return with them. What else? What are their names?

((Did Wilhelm recognize any of them? Or remember any of their names from before (even his godfather)? If so, he will tell Korvin))

((if not...)) Wilhelm stands there with a blank look on his face, feeling very much a fool, then shakes his head. [color=green]"I'm sorry, Magus, I don't know."

Wilhelm couldn't be sure if he remembered the man who claimed to be his Godfather... Everything happened so fast. What Wilhelm can be sure about is that he is being messed with in some manner. Whether it happened long ago and is coming to roost now, or it is happening now... is unknown. Further, Wilhelm didn't hear any mention of names, but that's not too unusual, since the men claimed to know who Wilhelm had been dealing with for almost all the years since he left home, and magi are nothing but trouble... It took a long time for Wilhelm to open up to Silviatos, and then even the magi around Mons Electi, after Silviatos disappeared, and even then, a lot has been kept secret...

((Which is how he likes it...if the magi knew who he really is and what he did...magi have ways of punishing people in ways beyond mortal comprehension. or so the legends go :smiley: ))

Wilhelm stands there with a blank look on his face, feeling very much a fool, then shakes his head. [color=green]"I'm sorry, Magus, I don't know. It's all happened so fast."

So these men that you do not know are have shown you a brother that you did not know you had that came from a father whom you thought was dead. And they were quite prepared to ambush you with nets to take you to this home that you have left long ago. Is that about it?

[color=green]"Well, when you say it like that..." Wilhelm says with a self-deprecating smile which quickly fades.

[color=green]"I know it sounds ridiculous, Magus...but at the time, I thought it made perfect sense, except for the fact that I had no intention of going back with them."

He looks down. [color=green]"I'm sorry to have wasted your time. But thank you for saving his life...whether he's my brother or not."

Just becasue it does not make perfect sense does not mean it is not true.

Korvin finishes cleaning up.

I need to return to my lab. He should rest. when he is ready he can get up.

As Korvin is leaving he turns. Let me know if it was the fae or not when you get back