1228.etc Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting

I'd be better than you without your magic, but that's what makes it challenging. And the only way to get better is to keep challenging yourself. Now put up or shut up!
Attack and Defense rolls are 1d10=5, 1d10=7.
Attack 14, Defense 15 (as adjusted for injury)
He is making another (probably unsuccessful) attempt at grappling.

"Ahh, but I am not using any magic. I am just better than you."

TB:Attack of 29, vs a defense of 15, 14 AA, which inflicts 2 fatigue and a light wound, which should put him at a total of -6, -3 from fatigue, and -3 from 3 light wounds.
Junior:Attack of 14, vs a defense of 22.

Twigberry unleashes a devastating attack on Juniors mid section, pummeling the points all around his previous injury. Twigberry looks a bit more winded, too. "Don't get me wrong, you are good. Very good. I've not exerted myself so, in quite some time. I find it refreshing. But you're treading dangerously close to a severe injury by continuing. There is no dishonor to withdraw here, but there is much if you continue and injure yourself further."

Whether or not Junior continues, he does add say to the covenant, "You may have any magus or maga of the covenant come and determine whether I am using magic."

Junior spits blood.
I ain't giving up. Now put up or shut up!

"By all means, my good man." Twigberry smiles...
((Go ahead and do your rolls for Junior))

((Does the merriment go on for at least two more night, so at least three nights in all? I've got an idea.))

Shortly after sundown, the third evening that Twigberry is holding court at the tavern, a giant man, standing about nine feet tall with long red hair tied back in a braid going down his back, enters, looks around, smiles, and makes his way to the sturdiest-looking bench, chair, stool, or anything that looks like it would bear his weight. He smiles easily at everyone, but even as good-looking as he is, he still seems a little shady.

He calls over one of the serving girls (the blond with the nice...) and rests his hand on her arm familiarly as he asks for a glass of the local red. He then looks around at everyone, smiling, his eyes lingering on Twigberry.

Is he staring at Twigberry's twig and berries?

Oh, he's definitely checking them out, but he's trying to be discreet about it. Maybe Guile roll of 13 to not be obvious about it.

Let's just say TB knocks Junior out again, not in the mood myself to drive it on forever. He has a few broken ribs, he gets Roberto to cast Gentle Touch of Purification to help him heal (or rather, he goes to get his ribs taped up, er, bandaged?, and Roberto casts the spell while interrogating him, Junior dodges questions but Roberto figures out somethings up (and later Carlos tells him anyway). The third night, the scene Peregrine is describing now. Junior goes back for another try and Roberto has Cidito follow him.
It ain't about pride. Junior wants that money!
He walks boldly in the tavern, acting as if nothing pains him at all (Guile roll: 1d10=6, +0 Comm (body language), +1 Guile, = 7
Cidito walks in from around the corner.
Giant sized character checks out twig and berries...
your on PB :slight_smile:

Alright, instead of inflicting anymore damage, TB grapples, and effectively puts Junior into a sleeper hold until he passes out, since he doesn't want to hurt him anymore.

TB's not here for a fight on the third night. His knuckles hurt. :smiley:
But he is paying for drinks, since he's that kind of guy. After several moments of the tall guy watching TB, TB approaches him. "How's the view from up there?" He says it casually, in a manner that is referencing his height, but he puts the emphasis on 'view,' rather than on 'up their.'

((Fionn isn't planning on getting into a fight. But it seems like there's been a couple every night the last couple of nights...and from what Fiona hears from her sources (i.e. Moire), the tavern isn't usually that rowdy. So, he sponts a version of Doublet of Impenetrable Silk on his tunic and his pants; CT is Sta 3 + Mu 17 + An 7 + Aura 5 + (die rolls of 1 and 8) 16 = 48, halved is 24 on the tunic, and (die roll of 0, with a Botch Check of 7) = 32, halved is 16 on the pants. So, if he does get into a scrap, his Soak would be Sta 3 + Corpus bonus 3 + Robes bonus 3 = +9.))

[color=blue]"Quite delightful," Fionn says as he claps TB jovially on the shoulder (and incidentally extending his parma over him, so he's currently covering TB and the barmaid). [color=blue]"And thank you for the drink. Most generous of you...although, from what I hear, it weren't exactly your money." Fionn grins at the joke.

"Ahh, my good man, you are misinformed. I've paid for the drinks the last few nights, and the bet wasn't if I win then I get your money, it was if they won, they got my money. No one did. And so I buy drinks, with my own money. Good fun all around. What do you do around here, your Latin is quite good."

[color=blue]"Thank you. I do a little of this and that, working with the magi, mostly. But mainly with my cousin. And you? I don't think I've seen you around before. In fact," his eyes flick down briefly as he smiles playfully, [color=blue]"I know I haven't. I'd remember."

"Yes, I am most impressive." No sense of that he considers himself any less. "I decided to take the night off from fighting. I've learned enough. There are some capable, if undisciplined men here. Valerian would likely clean their clocks. The magi here need to institute an unarmed fighting regimen. Or that's what Cumhachd thinks, based on my recommendation. Valerian's coprus is weak, haven't you heard?" He says that suggestively, brushing his hand against his twig and berries.

((May I safely assume that sometime between the first of summer and here, that Fiona and Celestina would have gotten together to break in Fiona's new manlier form?))

[color=blue]"I hadn't," Fionn says as he springs to life at Twigberry's touch[sup]1[/sup]. [color=blue]"But I'll be sure to second your suggestion next time I see Roberto. You can never be too well-defended."

He leans in and whispers in Twigberry's ear, [color=blue]"Do you think you can handle me, handsome stranger? And would you like to continue this...conversation in more intimate surroundings?"

[sup]1[/sup]The dice said that Fiona was apparently strongly, if subconsciously, influenced by Jormungandr and Praxiteles when she crafted her body for The Succubus's Trick. Link is totally safe for work. But that's more or less what she's packing, for a normal size body. Scale upward as appropriate.

"Your place or mine? Pitching or catching?" He inquires curiously.
((Marko, whenever you can post, have Cidito do what you want, presuming it happens while he's distracted with the big hulking hunk of man before him.))

[color=blue]"Yours. And why don't we take turns? I'm sure we can find plenty of ways to amuse ourselves in between, as well." Fionn licks his lips in anticipation and rises from the bench, finishing his wine, smiling at the barmaid before he focuses his attention on Twigberry.

I apologize for being nitpicky, but I do not believe you can do that. The other party has to willingky accept, which implies that they must know what is going on.
But however you guys wanna play it. I think TB is alreafy covered by parma :wink:

And TB speaks Flemish I think. I just checked, and that's Junior's only language.
He talks to the cat alot :smiley:

Speaking of cats, Cidito is just hanging out being a cat. Later at night, when everyone is drunk, that's when he can get away with sitting upright and being anthropormorphic.
And speaking of anthropormorphic, Cidito thinks he knows what is going on here. His conclusion may be incorrect, but he has concluded it. Hoomans being the hairless apes that they are. He snickers while imagining how Carlos is going to react latter when he tells him the girl he has been romancing is really a guy.

TB never objected, and the fact that he claimed he was a grog of Cumhachd's he should be reasonably familiar with the process...

((No, you're right, I had forgotten the "with their consent" clause in the Parma description, and Fiona/Fionn's pretending to not be a magus for a while, just to see what happens. Going all Inception, role-play within role-play. So, he wouldn't have extended his Parma over the barmaid either.

Saves me having to ask what happens if you extend your Parma over someone who already has Parma, whether you can tell or not. Since you need consent, if you offer to extend your Parma over someone and they say, "Nah, I'm good," that should be a clue that they're probably not mundane.))

((Oh, and is it too late to change Fionn's answer to "Catching"? Considering he's 9 foot tall, and built the way he is... And I'm sure Fiona's gone Greek before, so it wouldn't be that new.))